Isabella Ridiculousness Deity Challenge

As many of you know, some people are looking for a <200 turn SV on Deity using standard random starts (e.g., no legendary starts allowed).

Not sure that this'll get you there but it's never a bad thing to be able to build the Great Library on Deity. Walk south for 5-6 turns and enjoy.

Attachments

• Isabella Ridiculousness.Civ5Save
    561.7 KB · Views: 305
Playing with it a little -- super fast start but not sure that you can peacefully and quickly expand to 4-5 cities ... may need a little warring if it's going to work.

Having fun regardless! Don't get too many turn 80 Educations.

Thanks for the save, I played 120 turns. It's a quick start, I started Universities around T75! But it reminds me why I don't really like Spain: either it's a big challenge because you effectively have no UA, or it's child's play. In this case, I feel like I'm playing on prince.

Turn 75? I'm jealous, I kept getting turn 80. Maybe because I couldn't resist building all those wonders ...

Unless a mass invasion of Alex takes place and it's enough to power 6-7 good cities (w/necessary happiness) I don't think this map will get anyone even close to a turn 200 SV, unfortunately. No Observatory in the cap really stings. Plastics on turn 180-190 with still having a bunch of GS left is straightforward, though.

Here you go, although I could Only manage a turn 84 education. To the north is Old Faithful(under the horse icon).

Attachments

• ICantBeMadeToLookRediculous.jpg
    ICantBeMadeToLookRediculous.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,168
Here you go, although I could Only manage a turn 84 education. To the north is Old Faithful(under the horse icon).

And most importantly (can't see it on the screenshot), 2 tiles and 3 tiles south of Madrid is the Great Barrier Reef.

I went with a 2-city build, not building city 2 until I was wrapping up the National College. Not sure that's ideal but didn't like the site of city #3.

I am wondering whether the best thing to do expansion-wise is rush to Compass after NC and just start churning out Galleasses, attack to the south. Not sure that we can support the happiness hit that will bring, though.

To the West is Ularu and to the east and down a bit is Grand Messa.

I tired a bit of cheating and ran the map and the resulting save through IGE(to remove the civ that always spawned on the island) placing the starting settler right where I have it in the screenshot. I settled 4 cities on the island after a 2-city turn 38 NC Tradition opening and my problem was happiness, even with 2 faith buildings per city, Notre Dame, and Forbidden Palace. The problem is the AI and not hooking up their luxuries, I have 5 spare Pearls. I think if you want a good chance at a t200 SV you need settle in Alex's face and/or steal his stuff.

I went for a peaceful sub t-300 CV because:
- there was a religious CS and Barrier Reef: I rush bought shrine, and in a few turns got One with Nature pantheon, which gives 16 fpt just from those 2 tiles. Boom, first religion on deity and first to enhance -- lots of early culture from Mosques and Pagodas. Sadly, the AI just loves taking sacred sites, and I am usually not willing to sacrifice tradition for Reformation rush
- there was very little space, enough only for 3 cities, one of which lacked food severely. CV is capital-centric, so I spent all my resources making Madrid awesome

However, bad news is Alex next door, and I had to reload a couple of times to bribe him to war against other AI's. And at the end, when I was about to win in a few turns, everybody denounced and DOW'ed me, so I had to wait for passive tourism instead of concert touring culture runaways.

The start is awesome for Spain, but the location kind of sucks, so all in all it balances itself out. Venice could probably do even better with this start.

anyone else have an awesome Spain start? I always find them fun, but tedious trying to get an awesome spain map through re-rolls.

Awhile ago someone posted an acrchepiligo map where spain had Mt. Kailish and the great barrier reef. The city with the reef had about 5 extra fish tiles too. I think that was a stronger spain start.

Top Bottom