Switching back ideologies

tetley

Head tea leaf
Question: if you fixed your tourism situation and want to switch back to your old ideology, do you get all your old tenets back? Or do you re-pick everything and take another 2 SP hit?

You don't have the option to switch back unless you are under similar tourism/revolutionary wave/etc. pressure to convert back. And when you do, I'm pretty sure you convert on the same basis as if you had never had that ideaology (i.e., you aren't restored to where you were before you originally converted).

I'd have to imagine that it would be pretty unlikely for that to happen too (unless you were playing with live humans). When the AI is at that much of a disadvantage it won't make a comeback the same way that a live human would.

World congress did it. I have the votes now to repeal it and pass my own. Guess it's time to try.... That's why I had to ask, because it takes 2 WC votes to do it.

My guess is I lose tbe SP a second time, but so does everyone else.

The only policies that don't get refunded are the early adopter free ones.

Interesting. So you would be out the first two if you switched back but not out two more. Oh well, I won a DV before the second congress, so won't be finding out this game.

I've done it before. I was going for a Scientific Victory on Empreror as Korea and wasn't putting much effort into Culture, since i was teching so fast i could barely keep up with construction of all the science buildings. Had been friends with my neighbour all game, and as the first one into Modern Era, i chose Freedom.

I enjoyed the bonuses for quite a few turns, but eventually my culture-heavy neighbour caught up and went Order, threatening to put me into civil resistance and also to ruin relations (denouncements and war instead of RA and trade). So, i switched, lost a couple of early adopter tenets, but got enough to make Order work.

The AI loves early adopter tenets, so if you choose first they are bound to take something else, no matter what your initial choice was. I actually plan to switch on my science games now, sometimes i deliberately pick the ideology that i DON'T want my friends to go for.

I've done it before.

You describe switching once. But have you ever switched back?

I actually plan to switch on my science games now, sometimes i deliberately pick the ideology that i DON'T want my friends to go for.

That seems like a clever tactic. Open Order for the half-price factories. Then hope to get to switch to Freedom or Autocracy later.

Frankly, I think switching Ideologies should be like it was in GnK when opening Rationalism after Piety, i.e., you lose everything in the tree. I guess I am glad it's not. Maybe that did not play test well?

Top Bottom