New Scenarios

cien2004

Chieftain
I am have made a scenario for rise of mankind rev 888. Its on 1900 earth using the giant earth map. I was hoping there was somebody here that could help me with a few problems and balancing.

Major Issues
-Diplomacy
I cant get OpenBordersWithTeam to work and I am not sure how to establish rights of passage, embassies.
Culture In 1079 is somewhat broken

Minor Issues
At the beginning of the game some civilizations will see the religion video for a religion not in their city or empire

Disable realistic timescales so it wont take 100+ turns to discover a technology

Also install Mega Civilization Pack for this map to work, it can be found HERE

If this scenario goes well I also plan on making a modern world and probably a WW2. I would love to hear input and hopefully get some help with the diplomacy aspects of this map.

UPDATE: I have fixed the problem with Rev 910 so this map will work with both rev 888 and 910

UPDATE: More balancing and updated for Rev 986

UPDATE: Further balancing for Rev 1007

UPDATE: I have updated the map for rev 1079, However I really like the min city border in 1007. It allows culture to realistically happen/spread in Europe. So I will continue to update the 1007 map with fixes. I am still working on a 1500 scenario but with my speed don't hold your breath. I would also like to thank Lt. George IV for his suggestions for Canada.

For 1007 I am using Mega civ pack 1.8.2
For 1079 I am using Mega civ pack 1.8.5

Attachments

• 1900 earth 1007.zip
    181.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 1900 earth 1079.zip
    176.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
I just sat down with this scenario for a couple hours. Pretty great! I don't know how to help your problem, but I would love to see more of these made. Are these just updates for the old ROM GEM scenarios, or are they from scratch?

I just sat down with this scenario for a couple hours. Pretty great! I don't know how to help your problem, but I would love to see more of these made. Are these just updates for the old ROM GEM scenarios, or are they from scratch?

I took the city placements from the GEM mod scenarios then I built it up from there.

This is really fantastic! I don't know how to fix the diplo unfourtunately, but even as is this is great. AND really needs some scenarios that make it practicle to start in later eras, so thanks a lot!

Thank you! If you did the 1500 one as well that would be stupendous. However, I may be the only one following this.

Thank you! If you did the 1500 one as well that would be stupendous. However, I may be the only one following this.

I thought about it and I think I will make 1500 earth but as you might have noticed I'm not sure when ill get it done. The other problem is I don't know much about the era, but ill see what I can do.

Posting to give some feedback. This was a lot of fun! I played as Japan for the first game, going for conquest. The amount of high-level riflemen along with artillery makes blitzing essential and accessible, and the targets are many.

I went first for the Dutch. They had luxury resources, techs I could get from conquest, and sadly a decent amount of elite riflemen as well. They proved costly for my artillery, but I was using advanced diplomacy so I bought extra elite artillery from Germany since I wasn't going to war with them for a while. After taking Indonesia, I peace-d out with the Dutch and they voluntarily absorbed themselves into Germany.

Korea was next, dead in 3 turns. Used a GP to pop a golden age after capturing Cheosumgdae (sp?)

China was next, went for Beijing and Manchuria first so I'd only be fighting on one front, afterward Shanghai for Porcelain Tower and Nanchang for Terracotta army. I learned from a previous game that most all Chinese cities and Indonesia love to revolt, cost a ton in maintenance (running republic) and are generally a drain on gold/soldiers. So I razed and fortified all cities not on the Chinese coast, and I razed some on the coast as well so they other cities would have room to breathe. Fighting china was a long attrition slog due to having almost 60 poorly connected cities, but eventually they fell.

Next was French Indochina. I just discovered aviation, which proved to be the AI's Achilles heel. The AI didn't seem to care about air strength at all, or just in passing with Airships and Biplanes. Their main strategy was "Build Modern Infantry x10, Artillery and Air Units x1." It was kinda a shame because it made them sitting ducks for extensive bombing campaigns. Indochina fell easily, took New Caledonia as well.

After Aviation, beelined to Hydroponics to get Gardens by the Bay, which makes Japan even larger and richer. Hydroponics is ignored by other civs, making it easy to trade for other techs.

Next was Britain. India was well defended, and for a while looked like it would be another long slog. But I upgraded to strategic bombers, which have the ability to outright destroy units instead of causing attrition. I also found the second part of what would become the winning strategy: Special forces (unlocked at laser). They start with commando which allows them to bypass most all enemy terrain limitations and capture cities in rapid succession. I upgraded them to drill 4 and pinch, so partisan units after razing wouldn't be a problem. India fell really quickly after Special Forces arrived.

Still at war with Britain, I went for Australia and New Zealand. Australia was surprisingly formidable, but they fell just the same. New Zealand was a cakewalk. I peace-d out with Britain afterward because their navy was annoying.

Thailand was an afterthought. Done in 2 turns.

Russia and Germany declared war immediately after Australia. The Special Forces's commando proved invaluable, everything in Siberia was connected by railroads. I chewed my way through Russia using Bombers + Special Forces, then went in Germany who had a decent amount of short-range nukes. I played it super conservative compared to Russia, but still ended up losing all my special forces to them. Luckily, I had enough Great Generals settled in my military city to get commando for Hybrid Tanks out of the gate. Germany fell eventually.

Italy and Austria were next. Both dropped like nothing. I had enough bombers to really start the snowball.

Ottomans, Persia, Finland, Sweden, Spain, Egypt all fell within less than ten turns after declaration.

Started going to the new World. Columbia and Venezuela fell, then Brazil declared war and fell as well. The entirety of South America took less than 25 turns.

Finished off England, Belgium, and Denmark. Belgium fell in two turns. No problems there.

Mexico and the Central American nations were next. Finally got a stable source of Corn (the AI hordes corn like it was worth more than gold).

Was gearing up to go to war with the USA. They apparently had a massive army compared to mine, I thought it was going to be a long, bomb-y slog like china, but during the war with mexico they disbanded their army for some reason and left only 2 units of defenders per city. It was confusing as all heck. I started wiping the USA out when I encountered a repeatable CTD and had to abandon. I essentially won, I don't need a victory screen to tell me jack (thanks Paradox).

Here's some pics of the game:

Spoiler :

Also, here's some feedback on a couple things: The AI goes through anarchy right at the start. Since they don't have a big bank to support all their units, the units end up striking and their navy mostly evaporates.

The empires are large, too, which makes the anarchy pop revolutions off like crazy. Most overseas provinces become barbarian within 50 turns.

Some empires (Britian, Belgium) have 2 Palaces. For Britian, 1 in Delhi and 1 in London. It sets Delhi as their capital on the overview. Is this WAD?

Also, a big thank you again for making this. I find that in RAND the game is already decided come industrial, especially in regards to warfare, so I never really experienced the late industrial, modern, and future era. It was a treat!

(I have another game with Brazil going for space race. I've essentialy won, but there was little story beyond "I managed trade well, played nice guy, neglected military and built infrastructure". I did manage to build the Christo Redentor in Rio, required a lot of luck!)

Thank you for the feedback! I will fix the capital issues and ill try to give enough money to the civs so their military wont be disbanded. I have been trying to think of ways to help prevent the revolution break offs for some countrys. But also find ways to start revolutions (Russia, India, Congo, Philippines).

I have also noticed the severe lack of air power i think this is going to be fixed soon with the AI mechanics but im not sure. But the main issue is the computers are just to easy to beat even if difficultys are stack in their favor. Im not really sure how to fix this but im still thinking of ways to do it.

Im glad you enjoyed it.

I've updated this map to work with the latest revision. Enjoy:goodjob:

Attachments

• 1900 Earth.zip
    190.1 KB · Views: 263
I'm a longtime lurker on the forums, but I made an account to discuss a problem I've been having, because I just love this scenairo.

My tech costs are either outrageously massive (>18,000,000 beakers) or minuscule (1 beaker). I believe that this issue is related to Realistic Timescale, however, in the new update for Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn, you can no longer disable Realistic Timescale in the scenario start-up. Help?!

Excellent, thanks for the help! I've started a game as the Canadians and there are a couple tweaks (mostly little things about cities) that I'd like to suggest:

1) "Yellow Knife" is actually "Yellowknife"
2) Boyd is a very small town, a better choice for that cityname is Prince Albert
3) Given that the Canadians UU is horse based, they should start with that resource
4) Ottawa on Baffin Island is a bit strange. I suggest removing it and instead placing the city of "Frobisher Bay" at x=184,y=83
5) Instead of having Montreal as the capitol, I would instead place Ottawa at x=181,y=69
6) I also would place Rankin Inlet at x=172,y=81
7) "Frederieton" should be "Fredericton"
8) I would add in Edmonton at x=155,y=75

Hope this is helpful! Keep going on this scenario, it's awesome! :thumbsup:

Excellent, thanks for the help! I've started a game as the Canadians and there are a couple tweaks (mostly little things about cities) that I'd like to suggest:

1) "Yellow Knife" is actually "Yellowknife"
2) Boyd is a very small town, a better choice for that cityname is Prince Albert
3) Given that the Canadians UU is horse based, they should start with that resource
4) Ottawa on Baffin Island is a bit strange. I suggest removing it and instead placing the city of "Frobisher Bay" at x=184,y=83
5) Instead of having Montreal as the capitol, I would instead place Ottawa at x=181,y=69
6) I also would place Rankin Inlet at x=172,y=81
7) "Frederieton" should be "Fredericton"
8) I would add in Edmonton at x=155,y=75

Hope this is helpful! Keep going on this scenario, it's awesome! :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone is actively developing this currently. The creator of the scenario hasn't been around in a while. However, if you want to make these changes you self they should be relatively easy to do.

I have been meaning to update this map but ive been busy and haven't got around to it. However soon i will have some time so i will try to update it and make some fixes and balancing changes. I know the recent updates changed buildings and the technology tree so im not sure how long it will take me but Im happy that people enjoy the scenario. I will also make the changes Lt. George IV has suggested.

A much needed scenario, thanks a lot!
Could you perhaps make the same with smaller map? Giant or maybe even huge. Your map is great but my PC struggles with it.

Top Bottom