AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Man I am getting super frustrated with a few problems I am encountering and I am BEGGING the community to please offer whatever information might be helpful. I am trying to play AND 2.92 and am encountering the following problems:

1) Civ's religions are not displayed on the scoreboard and the option is not even displayed in BUG.
2) Establishing embassies does not share vision of the civ's capital city.

Between these two bugs, the game is WAAAY less playable than it should be and I've tried every version of A New Dawn I could find, but the errors always stay. I'm fiending pretty hard right now :(

Anyway religions not being displayed might depend on you using the Steam version. There's a workaround somewhere here on the forum but I don't know more because I don't have the Steam version.

AND 2.92 isn't a supported at this point. You should download the newest version from here, complete with an installer and an updater.

Hello! I've got issue with exactly that:
Installed civ4 and AND2 most recent (1003) build today. Game works fine with and2_checker in path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn
But! When I try to update from 1003 to 1009 - after I hit "Update" button module updater stays forever at 0%. There appears a file created in a mod folder called "update" but it stays forever as empty.

Sorry for double posting

Move it to a folder not in Local Disk C. Win7 and higher have certain..well, protections there, that could possibly prevent updating.

Move it to a folder not in Local Disk C. Win7 and higher have certain..well, protections there, that could possibly prevent updating.
Thanks, but moving to other disk didn't help. It's obvious that something is blocking update, but I have no idea what to do with it, antivirus is off btw.

How much did you wait? Usually the first files (the .fpks, afaik) take more than the rest.

Previously - 3 hours max. Now after moving it to another disk - 10 minutes. I'll wait some I guess. I'd be ok with it if it was long, but it just stays at 0% and "updating" file thats created in moment I hit "upgrade" button stays empty.

Wow. Huh. At this point I'd recommend trying the alternative, if much more cumbersome, Tortoise SVN. I think that the Main Download Thread has a link with instructions how to use it.

Or you could wait until Vokarya releases his update which would add in all new icons and balance fixes. None of the updates from 1003 to 1009 are really "critical", at least for me.

Wow. Huh. At this point I'd recommend trying the alternative, if much more cumbersome, Tortoise SVN. I think that the Main Download Thread has a link with instructions how to use it.

Or you could wait until Vokarya releases his update which would add in all new icons and balance fixes. None of the updates from 1003 to 1009 are really "critical", at least for me.

Thanks! I thought about both solutions. Well, I'm afraid on my pc svn will work same as update module - not working :lol: But I should try instead of being lazy I guess.

And it's working! SVN wasn't even so hard to install - took 5 minute + waiting time for downloading AND2 content.

And it's working! SVN wasn't even so hard to install - took 5 minute + waiting time for downloading AND2 content.

The updater use rsync (from the checker subfolder) to sync with the server. If that's not working, it's either because it's blocked by an antivirus or because it doesn't have the privileges to write on the disk.

AlumCo and Standard ethanol shows generated bonuses wrong, every consumed resource shows 2 generated in city screen.

AlumCo, 1 coal gives 2 aluminium for example..

Is it bug or feature that those corporation generated resources cant be traded?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14248105 said:
Anyway religions not being displayed might depend on you using the Steam version. There's a workaround somewhere here on the forum but I don't know more because I don't have the Steam version.

That figures. I'll just get a normal version of civ4 and see if that works. Thanks for the help!

Man I am getting super frustrated with a few problems I am encountering and I am BEGGING the community to please offer whatever information might be helpful. I am trying to play AND 2.92 and am encountering the following problems:

1) Civ's religions are not displayed on the scoreboard and the option is not even displayed in BUG.
2) Establishing embassies does not share vision of the civ's capital city.

Between these two bugs, the game is WAAAY less playable than it should be and I've tried every version of A New Dawn I could find, but the errors always stay. I'm fiending pretty hard right now :(

For the Religion Workaround you have to go into properties for the game (from right clicking on the game in the Steam library) then go into "Betas" and opt into "original_release_unsupported" version. This will make multiplayer via Steam impossible (I believe), but you can always switch back to the other version by undoing that choice through the same menu. That should fix the Religion icons issue for all versions. I'm not sure about embassies for that old version, though.

Top Bottom