Duplicate Icons

Another button we need is one to differentiate between Military Satellites and Commercial Satellites. They are both using the same button. We only need one button. The Satellites tech has a different button.

I found a couple that would work for the Military Satellites, leaving the Commercial Satellites alone. I think this is the best one (from Mars Now):
View attachment 407129

This is an alternative, from Grand Inquisitions:
View attachment 407130

I think I have a use for the green fog buttons that I suggested before for Utility Fog. We need buttons for Infectious Smog and Plague Smog. Both are currently using the Fallout icon. These features are the result of biological warfare. A BBM produces Infectious Smog (-10 to all yields). A Plague Bringer produces Plague Smog (-25 to all yields).

The green one at the bottom for Infectious Fog.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14217771&postcount=206

This one for Plague Smog.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14215091&postcount=202

We need a new icon for Marco Polo's Embassy. It is sharing an icon with Pavilion.

This one looks pretty good. I have seen it used both for Arabic Knowledge in RFC Europe and Professionalism in History Rewritten.
View attachment 407162

This one I like for its color scheme. It is used as a Colonization civic in Pie's Ancient Europe.
View attachment 407163

We need a new icon for Marco Polo's Embassy. It is sharing an icon with Pavilion.

This one looks pretty good. I have seen it used both for Arabic Knowledge in RFC Europe and Professionalism in History Rewritten.
View attachment 407162

This one I like for its color scheme. It is used as a Colonization civic in Pie's Ancient Europe.
View attachment 407163

That second one is great, really identifiable too.

View attachment 407162

View attachment 407163
I prefer the first one.

The last National Wonder buttons we need are the buttons for the three Kemetism national wonders. I don't think I could get a head icon to work with a decent enough resolution. So I picked some icons from Gods of Old and combined them with the existing Temple of Mut icon.

Temple of Isis:
View attachment 407086

Temple of Osiris:
View attachment 407087

Temple of Set:
View attachment 407088

Let me know if you think these are good enough. The icons are in the upper-left corner because that is where the original Egyptian Ankh is. I don't think these icons need both the ankh and the divine symbol.

No offense but I really don't like these. Those tiny icons in the corner remind me of the Babilonian pantheon of God's of Old. "So is it Egyptian or Babilonian :confused:"
C2C has at least 2 different buttons for kemetist wonders. Couldn't we use those?

I like all the other buttons, they are great.

One more button. I'm really trying to get buildings done at this point. We need a button for Diplomatic Mission. Even though it's currently disabled, I expect it to be re-enabled at some point.

I think I like this one best. I pulled it out of RFC Europe.
View attachment 407094

Here are a couple others that I think could work. The first is also pulled out of RFC Europe. The second is labeled Campidoglio. It comes from the same pack that I got the Artists Guild button from.
View attachment 407096
View attachment 407095

I'm not really sure what we will do with Diplomatic Mission. It's Afforess project and I'm not sure I can really complete this task. But we'll see, maybe at some point he will be willing to complete his project.

On a side note, Campidoglio is a square in Rome where the town hall is located, on a hill called "Colle Capitolino", which in turn is where the English words "capitol" and "capital" are coming from. I like this icon but I think the first one is better.

Another button we need is one to differentiate between Military Satellites and Commercial Satellites. They are both using the same button. We only need one button. The Satellites tech has a different button.

I found a couple that would work for the Military Satellites, leaving the Commercial Satellites alone. I think this is the best one (from Mars Now):
View attachment 407129

This is an alternative, from Grand Inquisitions:
View attachment 407130
First one is definitely better.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14246467 said:
I'm not really sure what we will do with Diplomatic Mission. It's Afforess project and I'm not sure I can really complete this task. But we'll see, maybe at some point he will be willing to complete his project.

BTW: What about the other non-finished projects? Will you implement senate voting once you have time or was that rejected after-all?
And what about dbkblk's interface improvement? Do you plan to finish it?

BTW: What about the other non-finished projects? Will you implement senate voting once you have time or was that rejected after-all?
And what about dbkblk's interface improvement? Do you plan to finish it?

Active Senate is on the to do list, provided it doesn't cause troubles and it will be available as an option. I don't think I'm able to complete dbkblk's job on interface, unfortunately. I don't have much experience with python and working on the interface is really a nightmare.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14246467 said:
On a side note, Campidoglio is a square in Rome where the town hall is located, on a hill called "Colle Capitolino", which in turn is where the English words "capitol" and "capital" are coming from.

We'd say "the Capitoline Hill" in English. :)

I've finished all the organizing of tech, building, and wonder buttons into atlases. I'm working on organizing unit buttons now. This will probably take some time.

Here are the buttons that I still have on my list to either find or create:

Units
  • Android Worker/Clones
  • Drone Bombers/Global Hawk

Unit Classes
  • Diesel Ships
  • Nuclear Ships
  • Steamships

Promotions
  • Global Positioning System
  • Small Diameter Bomb

Worker Actions
  • Burn Forest
  • Burn Jungle
  • Plant Animal Herd

Improvements
  • Bunker
  • Command Center
  • Industrial Complex

Other
  • Automate Hurry (for Trade Units, same button as Automate City for Workers)
  • Avoid Unhappy
  • Avoid Unhealthy

Maybe you can make some icons from these:

Android worker (head and torso)
Spoiler :

Clone worker (head and torso)
Spoiler :

Bunker (from Starcraft)

Command Center
(from Starcraft)

(looks better when shrunk down)

(or from C&C)

What if we used this for Nuclear Ships? I made it by taking the Planetfall icon for Nuclear Physics, colorizing it, and pasting it on the standard promotion/unitclass background.

View attachment 407296

It seems clear enough to me, even it isn't really a nautical image.

What about this for Global Hawk? I took a screenshot of the NIF and pasted it onto the standard unit background. The Global Hawk and the Drone Bombers both use the same model, but the Global Hawk is treated as a Helicopter and the Drone Bombers is an Air unit (Stealth class).

I am actually not sure if we need both of these units. I kept them in to keep Unmanned Air Vehicles at the two-trick threshold. In my next upload, I am moving Modern Fighter to Unmanned Air Vehicles because I am eliminating the Wearable Computers tech. Either the Global Hawk or the Drone Bombers could be eliminated without bringing UAV below the threshold. I think the Drone Bombers would be more in line with their current capabilities (need a base, can bomb or recon but not do much else).

View attachment 407341

By the way, that Starcraft bunker is exactly what the Command Center improvement looks like. Someone must have converted the one for Civ4 use.

I think I'm going to leave Global Hawk for the moment and just use the icon I proposed. After I'm done with graphics, I would like to do a series of proposals to cut the tech counts of the later eras down to equal the counts of the earlier eras. Some other tricks might be cut in the process. Global Hawk may be one of them.

Here's another button I made up. It is for the Plant Herd action that turns captured animals into resources. I just put it together from the Go To City arrow and the Sheep button.

View attachment 407430

Do you think there is something else that would work better?

Top Bottom