AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, in one game I had, I did not include them as a starting civ, and at some point Spain created a new vassal state, the Amazons, and the game would crash. I tried reloading this save many times, and in some saves, they would not create a new state, and in others, they would create the Amazons, but the game would always crash just as the new turn was coming. I don't know if this has to do with the Amazons or any of the Female components, or is just one of the unfixable CTDs inherent in AND.

That is what I wanted to know about. If this type of crash happened without the added civs, then it has to with incompatibility with AND. If the Female units mod or any other component around the Amazon civ involves Python, my guess is that has to be an incompatibility with AND (especially since it was Spain creating a vassal rather than say...Colombia, Vietnam, or Scythia).

ok, figured that out, having trouble with the Woc_installer

error:merge failed C:\programs(86)2kgames\.\.\.\.\.\Assets\modules\.\.\assests\xml\audio\audioDefines.xml

Try running the woc_installer with only the LHs or one added Civ with audio content. Make sure you only activate it one, it takes awhile before it shows it is working; being impatient and continuously clicking it will cause it to nor work properly (I know this from personal experience).

Why the mod takes very long to (attempt to) start and crashes after I install the whole civ pack?

Why the mod takes very long to (attempt to) start and crashes after I install the whole civ pack?

1. It takes a long time to load because it adds a lot of content. There is not much I can do about that.
2. Try playing with less content. It is likely that your machine cannot handle the full pack. This is assuming things are installed correctly and there are no issues with AND by itself.

btw love everything, all the added civils, rock. my question is im trying to make a carbon copy of Alexander the Great(for the looks) with my name and different traits, and for a different nation. a nation i am also trying to create, to add to the game. is there a link you could help me with, like what i need to edit, or post some quick points

thanks a million, AND is an awesome mod

btw love everything, all the added civils, rock. my question is im trying to make a carbon copy of Alexander the Great(for the looks) with my name and different traits, and for a different nation. a nation i am also trying to create, to add to the game. is there a link you could help me with, like what i need to edit, or post some quick points

thanks a million, AND is an awesome mod

You are welcome.

There here are two modding tutorials which should be helpful.
How to add a LH
How to add a Civ
The Civ4 Modding Tutorials forum has many "How to" guides if these two turn out not to be helpful or you want to do more modding of your own.

1. It takes a long time to load because it adds a lot of content. There is not much I can do about that.
2. Try playing with less content. It is likely that your machine cannot handle the full pack. This is assuming things are installed correctly and there are no issues with AND by itself.

The issue is: I only get able to play AND with a less-than-minimal number of extra civs. If I enable only 10 civs from the mega civ pack, the game crashes when loading the mod.

What may be the cause of this? Memory exhaustion (yet there's no reference to memory problem on the crash error message)? Too little space in hard disk (even after liberating ~10GB)? Small pagefile (even when I doubled its size from 2GB to 4GB)? What else?

The issue is: I only get able to play AND with a less-than-minimal number of extra civs. If I enable only 10 civs from the mega civ pack, the game crashes when loading the mod.

What may be the cause of this? Memory exhaustion (yet there's no reference to memory problem on the crash error message)? Too little space in hard disk (even after liberating ~10GB)? Small pagefile (even when I doubled its size from 2GB to 4GB)? What else?

How much RAM do you have? People with 4GB of RAM have had problems, so if you have a considerable amount less, then you will be limited by the content you are able to play with.

How much RAM do you have? People with 4GB of RAM have had problems, so if you have a considerable amount less, then you will be limited by the content you are able to play with.

I have 4GB (reduced to 3,37GB by d*** Win32 limit).

thanks General Staff, ive made my own nation with traits and working on unique units/building now, using alot of the AND for help. having a few little problems ive run into or just noticed.

why do some of the leaderheads, Cochise,Nefertiti, etc, have mini pics when looking at the civilization, though Sevopedia. even though they work fine in game and looks.

i can make buttons, but i am having trouble with the america inc button, as i can find out a way to turn the blue to red, to match my player color, could you also help me with a link for that.

my nation is Canada Inc and i was hoping to have all the blue to red.(in game my flag is red along with my color) its just the blue american inc button that is driving me nuts, lol

error:merge failed C:\programs(86)2kgames\.\.\.\.\.\Assets\modules\.\.\assests\xml\audio\audioDefines.xml

Try running the woc_installer with only the LHs or one added Civ with audio content. Make sure you only activate it one, it takes awhile before it shows it is working; being impatient and continuously clicking it will cause it to nor work properly (I know this from personal experience).

I had some trouble with this one myself, it's actually UAC interferring with Java's writing authority. Turn off UAC by:

1. Going to Control Panel and typing UAC in the search bar.

2. Click on Change User Account Control

3. Put the slider down to the bottom.

4. Restart computer.

5. Execute jar file.

6. If it all goes well, then put the UAC slider back to where it was before, or whatever you want,

7. Restart computer.

That should work. It did for me :)

Sorry for the double post.

I'm running 8 extra civs (the ones I want) and all of the extra leaderheads using the above post's install method on 1.75 unpatched with no problems. Check my profile for specs, even though I think they're more than enough.

i would like to use some of your buttons and buildings/wonders for my personal mode, but i can not find them anywhere in your mod?

If the buttons/buildings are from a Civ (UB, etc.), then it should be in the folder of the respective Civ in the "Custom_Civilizations" folder. Granted, some of the names do not exactly match up in a few cases (i.e. Morocco is in the Maghreb folder).

Now, if what you are looking for is some of the content in AND itself, such as Civics Buildings, then you have two choices:
1. Download my Building Pack (DL link in OP). I assume from there you can find what you need.
2. Download PakBuild. Then use this utility on ANDPak0.FPK; it is in the "Assets" folder. If you need help using it, someone made a tutorial on it (forgot where it was, chances are it is in the modding tutorials forum).

Just a small correction in the mod, the leader of the Timurids is Babur not Badur. ;) Also I think that Cty Raider I Promotion for Timurid Knight would be nice.

Just a small correction in the mod, the leader of the Timurids is Babur not Badur. ;) Also I think that Cty Raider I Promotion for Timurid Knight would be nice.

The spelling error is noted. I simply converted the Timurids, leaving the spellings the same assuming the original author knew something about Babur's name I didn't.

The Timurid Knight is 15% stronger in hills, which makes sense considering that Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan would/should be mostly hills on a Earth map. I also believe that another knight has a City Raider I Promotion; I do not remember which civ had it offhand.

The spelling error is noted. I simply converted the Timurids, leaving the spellings the same assuming the original author knew something about Babur's name I didn't.

The Timurid Knight is 15% stronger in hills, which makes sense considering that Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan would/should be mostly hills on a Earth map. I also believe that another knight has a City Raider I Promotion; I do not remember which civ had it offhand.
OK. But their UB is still underwhelming. Barracks are already cheap & can be constructed easily. I think that their UB should provide more XP to horses or maybe more XP overall but costing a bit higher.

OK. But their UB is still underwhelming. Barracks are already cheap & can be constructed easily. I think that their UB should provide more XP to horses or maybe more XP overall but costing a bit higher.

First, let me thank you for this type of feedback. Balancing was one of my biggest worries with this.

It will be changed, that I can say for certain. I do not know if I will keep it as a Barracks replacer since its name could make it a replacer for the Colosseum. It pretty much depends on how I can work it in with the other UBs.

After I installed the "lite" pack, upon starting of AND it gives me error messages about some civics being incorrect for some leaders. I close the messages and the game starts.
Is this intended?

After I installed the "lite" pack, upon starting of AND it gives me error messages about some civics being incorrect for some leaders. I close the messages and the game starts.
Is this intended?
I think that means that certain leaders favourite civic's are from vanilla BtS and are not in the game. I never tried the lite pack before, but that would be my guess. The only thing that would happen would be that those leaders would not have favourite civics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom