Duplicate Icons

That seems far too large for the shield. The black border stands out, yes, but now it looks like it doesn't fit there at all.

That seems far too large for the shield. The black border stands out, yes, but now it looks like it doesn't fit there at all.

I agree.

How about something like this in the shield:

or

I don't know how they would look inside the shield. Just trying to help :)

I think that maybe a gold ring would work better than a solid coin.

No rings. I think that would be even harder to recognize at a glance.

I can scale the crown down a little. But the whole point of this is to give each guild a symbol that will stand out.

View attachment 401118

I think that looks better, yes. Perhaps make the outline slightly off-black (say, 90-95%), so it's still obvious but not quite as oppressive as 'full' black.

Outline it in black or dark gray. Just a pixel or so to force contrast on the object - whether coins, a single coin, or a bar of gold. yellow on orange otherwise won't separate.

I concur.

Both of these use the same icon.

Utility fog = Nanite Spy

P.S. Maybe you could update the list on the 1st page, so you have a current list of duplicate icons, so they aren't constantly posted, and you have a reference of what to change, if needed.:goodjob:

*Edit* Super Cavitation = Coastal assault 1 :mad: (Reported already)

Environmental economics=Planetary economics (Planet on top of recycling icon?)=recycling (use recycling centre icon for this tech)

I noticed this a while ago and finally sat down to do the work. The guild master units are currently sharing art definitions. There are three groups of guilds: Clerks, Servants, and Victuallers, and all the guildmasters from one type of guild are using the exact same art definition. I'd like for the icons to be different (I have no problem with sharing models).

So here are a couple replacement icon possibilities for the Apothecaries Guild Master. I tried one without a star and one with. The icons with the stars are currently used for the "Master X" units that can only spread one guild and the icons without stars are for the "X Master" units that come along at Jurisprudence and can spread any of the guilds belonging to the same National Wonder guild hall.

Let me know which works better or if I should move the shield. The shield is shrunk to the same size as the shield on the guild hall. The rest of the guild masters will be very similar to this.
View attachment 402444View attachment 402445

Well, if you really will to change it, maybe the shield could be just a bit smaller as it is too much in the face of the guy in my opinion. But if you don't change anything it's still good :)

Well, if you really will to change it, maybe the shield could be just a bit smaller as it is too much in the face of the guy in my opinion. But if you don't change anything it's still good :)

I think you're right. I can shrink the shield down just a bit.

The Corporate Store buildings need some help in general. Many of them are currently using the same icon as their corporation HQ. I made one I really like for Safari Hunters Guide. I started with the Camp, but then tacked on the Safari Hunters city bar icon, blown up by about 30%. The main Safari Hunters button is too busy to use when downsized.
View attachment 402549

This is what I was initially thinking of for Adventure Tours Franchise. It's probably not contrasting enough to be recognizable. The base is the button for the Dig Site.
View attachment 402550

Maybe simplify the Tours token for this icon. Cut out the sun and make the token circular, perhaps?

Here is a spare icon I realized we needed. This is for the Guild Headquarters special building class. I think it only shows up on the F6 screen (like the icons for Temple, Monastery, and Cathedral). I know we still need separate icons for Corporate HQ's and Corporate Stores.

This one is just the Guildhall with a blank shield. Since I used the Guildhall as a base for all the Guild Headquarters with their shields, I feel I should use the same base for the special building icon.

View attachment 402905

I think this will work better for Adventure Tours Guide. It's using the city bar icon for Adventure Tours. I cut it out of the GameFont.tga file, blew it up to 32x30, and then darkened the colors a little. Very similar to what I did for Safari Hunters Guide.

View attachment 402984

I went looking through the Mars Now mod and I found another icon I think we could use. I think this would be a good icon for the Manufacturing Plant, which currently uses the same icon as the Factory. (Mars Now uses this for a Tank Factory.)

View attachment 403200

On a side note, I also found this icon that I am going to use for the Durasteel Plant. (Mars Now uses it for a National Military Industries national wonder that provides free Tank Factories to every city.)

View attachment 403201

I particularly like the yellow and blue one. It should have excellent contrast in-game.

Top Bottom