Feature Requests and Discussion

Tholal

Emperor
This thread should be used for any and all feature requests.

Before requesting a feature, please check the Feature Request Database to make sure that your item is not already in the list.

Please refrain from making balance requests. This mod is focused on bug fixing and AI improvements. Any feature requests should either be something for modmod-modders to use (such as new XML tags for example) or something that would fit into one of the existing game options.

Thanks!

suggestion: adopt FF guardsman mechanics ( can be bundled with advanded tactics if deemed unappropriate for vanilla )

difference between ffh and ff:

ffh: units with guardsman are more likely to defend, which makes them annoyingly suicidal ( it's the opposite of channeling ) . if there's an unit with guardsman in the defending stack ( one is enough for infinite marskman ) then the marskman promotion doesn't work.

ff: units with guardsman have normal chance to defend, and they defend against units with marskman. so you can't use only one to disable infinite units with marksman.

alongside with this, possibly the guardsman promo could become easier to get, for balance. from C4 down to either C3 ( like march, subdue beasts, formation/shock/cover 2 ) or C2 ( like formation and cannibalize )

another suggestion: world units have halved chance to defend the stack. this could be expanded to units with the hero promotion, for the very same reason as world units. possibly aeron's chosen as well, also for the same reason ( i.e. all of these will become powerful and must be protected from dogpiling, frustrating for the player otherwise since you can't choose defenders )

One is NOT enough for infinite marksmen, as it will die under the horde.

I could swear I had already replied here! cat ate my post it seems.

I was exagerating to explain the mechanic, but what happens is that if you have a unit with guardsman in the defending stack, marksman won't work anymore. so all you need is an injuried guardsman warrior for example.

----------------------------------------

idea for AI lair exploration: can the AI be thaught to be more willing to pop them the further away they are from their territory? plus they should become more willing over time as they get better troops and know to bring a stack along if nearby.

another thing the AI should be thaught is how to grab the godslayer that spawns in their land if Auric is spawned.

Just tested, you have a point. :/
Gaurdsmen should IMO make it so the gaurdsmen is targeted first.

Flexible Difficulty current implementation is TOO flexible, you can quickly get to Deity and then get dogpiled by AIs which doesn't seem to be working as desired :D

a possible fix could be having a cap on how many max steps of difficulty it can differ from the starting one. either 2:

( Prince <- Monarch <- Emperor -> Immortal -> Deity )

or 3 ( Settler <- Chieftain <- Warlord <- Noble -> Prince -> Monarch -> Emperor )

was Loki's puppet summoning already muted in mnai? "here I am" will make you go nuts otherwise.

also, tsunami's sound fx volume needs to be toned down, it's deafening right now.

I'd say 1-2 changes - 3 is too much.
If I select Monarch, I'm hardly likely to want to face deity.

Tholal, please consider allowing lumbermills to be built on ancient forests: it's not really a balance change but more of an annoyance removal, since lumbermilled AFs are already possible. it would just make playing non-elven FoL a lot less infuriating and micromanagement hell.

on a similar note, please consider giving Garrym Gyr his pre-BTS Arcane trait back instead of Defender. the latter is pretty bad on its own and of course IT DOESNT WORK ON GOLEMS! the community has always been pretty unanimous about this being an oversight and not intended.

a similar case can be made for Charadon, no FFH leader is a nerfed version of another leader except for this guy who's a Sheelba minus the ORG trait. just as useless as Garrym is, every modmod has given him CHA to make him worthwhile.

suggestion, make Barbarian the Clan civtrait and remove it from Jonas and Sheelba. this would allow them to be played as intended with Unrestricted Leaders ( as Rantine's ability won't be useless )

[to_xp]Gekko;12129790 said:
suggestion, make Barbarian the Clan civtrait and remove it from Jonas and Sheelba. this would allow them to be played as intended with Unrestricted Leaders ( as Rantine's ability won't be useless )

If this is considered for inclusion, I would also suggest making "Agnostic" an Illian civilization trait and removing it from Auric and all Illian minor leaders for the same reasons. Being able to follow religions as Illian feels wrong. The AI is not getting random combinations of leader/civilization for me, though.

very good point, forgot about Illians :D

Unrestricted Leaders is human-only , working as intended ( although it would be cool... )

All the dovellio leaders need buffs.
As does sandalphon/luchuirp.
But this isn't a balance mod (IIRC).

Isn't Mahala just EXP?
And Keelyn needs a nerf...

If this is considered for inclusion, I would also suggest making "Agnostic" an Illian civilization trait and removing it from Auric and all Illian minor leaders for the same reasons. Being able to follow religions as Illian feels wrong. The AI is not getting random combinations of leader/civilization for me, though.

Well, I don't know. I don't think that Auric's lieutenants ought to worship any god but Auric, but I can see other Illians (perhaps Braeden the Laconic) worshiping the Octopus Overlords.

If you had read The Ashes of Brigdarrow (which you couldn't have, because Kael only shared it with me on the condition that I don't share it with anyone else), then you would know that Auric was raised in an Illian village where Danalin may have been the main deity worshiped. Brigdarrow did not seem to have a Temple of the Hand, but when Auric's childhood friend Dain got in trouble he were sent to the spend the day helping "the village's doddering priest of Danalin" clean his little temple. Father Prespin was actually a kindly old man with a lot of common sense. He loved telling tales of how his god had saved heroes like Trenton Majosi, but also about how we can't rely on him to save us from everything so we have to look after ourselves rather than begin reckless.

(Similarly, The Tale of Saverous would reveal that Saverous was raised by a group of Doviello who actually worshiped Kilmorph rather than Camulos.)

Yeah Auric is agnostic, not his people.
The entire premise of the grigori is based on agnosticism which is why they are.

Isn't Mahala just EXP?
And Keelyn needs a nerf...

Mahala is fine imo, but making Summoner no longer work with puppets would make A LOT of sense without changing Keelyn herself ( this would be an exploit fix rather than a balance change really... )

The Illians are quite clearly designed to be an agnostic civ, so it should be a civtrait rather than auric's

what about the Khazad? Ingenuity should also be a civtrait methinks, they need it for the vaults regardless of leader choice.

If you had read The Ashes of Brigdarrow (which you couldn't have, because Kael only shared it with me on the condition that I don't share it with anyone else)

I swear one day I will track you down and sit on a bench somewhere near your house and wait and never recognise you because I don't know what you look like but still somehow manage to see that fabled book aaahhhh!

On a completely unrelated note "lose" is a verb and "loose" is an adjective e.g. my shoelaces were loose which made me lose my balance and fall over and accidentally buy three hair-dryers on e-bay.

Top Bottom