Auto flip-flap... any way to stop it?

Smokeybear

Emperor
Problem- after AI turn is over, no matter what unit I have selected or where I am looking at on the map, the game ALWAYS chooses some other unit completely across the freakin' map somewhere, to teleport me over to. Often, it jerks between two or more possible units, giving you whiplash, before it settles on which one IT wants you to move first. Highly @#$%^$#% annoying.

It didn't used to be that way, I remember from before. Used to be, whatever unit you had selected, that's where you would end up at, when the AI turn was over. So what's going on? I looked all through the options settings, and there is no adjustment for this that I can find. There is only unit auto-cycle, and that only works during your turn, not at the start of your turn. I have it off, anyway.

So did they decide to make this annoying trait a set 'feature' that you can't turn off, or what? I've been putting up with this since starting G&K, and i'm finally completely sick of it.

It's just something you have to deal with, unfortunately. Yes, the camera is incredibly frustrating (case in point: the camera jumping to another unit after I promote a unit that I haven't yet moved. That happens like 50% of the time). Pray that it gets fixed in the next patch (ETA: Who knows?) lest everyone goes insane.

My workaround to this is to not move anyone until you see the move units prompt. This should mean production and promotions are all done. You'll still get some jumping but you can get around this somewhat by manually selecting close by units.

But if they fix it, then it will be years from now and someone will ask me why I grip and shake the map after every move, and I won't have an answer, and then everyone will know I have problems

My workaround to this is to not move anyone until you see the move units prompt. This should mean production and promotions are all done. You'll still get some jumping but you can get around this somewhat by manually selecting close by units.

This pretty much.

Stop reacting to what you feel needs to be done immediately and it will eventually get you to the units that you want to move and go at it one by one based on the closer ones. If you try to go around it, it can whiplash you a little.

Top Bottom