Quick Questions and Answers

Does that include achievements for winning a domination victory?

Yes. The DV screen will pop-up after winning or losing some other way and the domination win will unlock any associated achievements as well. This seems to be something of bug as other VC are not possible after winning or losing some other way.

The most surprising one, is getting the "I missed that day in history class" from the Fall of Rome scenario. It transforms a challenging and fun achievement, into something trivial, sine you are not obligated to to it in the 150 turns for the scenario.

I'm playing NBW with all DLC's, using Enhances User Interface the latest version.

Maybe I'm forgetful but I recall that Iron and Horses always had a quantity displayed when hovering over the resource, 2, 4, and 6 for iron on occasions.

For some reason on my last two maps the quantity is either 4 or no number at all on smaller Horses & Iron resource which I think were 2 if I can recall all my hundreds of games so far.

Am I getting senile or what?

Thanks for any kind of reminder.

Hi there, my name is kyle, I am new to civ fanatics, and have a queston about modding. I'm not sure if this is this the right place to post it so please excuse me if it isn't. My problem is that whenever I download mod civs, like scotland, Israel etc., they show up and I am able to play them, but when I get to about the medevil era, it stops working. every time. does anyone have any idea what it could be and if their is a solution?

Hello and welcome KBX!

Game stop working exact same turn or randomly around Medieval? Game lags more in late game and that may cause the crash. I don't know how many civs/CS' are there in your game but you may reduce the number of civilizations and try again.

Btw, you probably get better help than this. Hope you can solve your problem.

Regards.

Hi there and thank you for your reply. It is usually around the medevil era. It is very weird, it just stops letting me choose production, and effectively shuts down the game. I click and click, and restart etc. but nothing. Same results every time, and only when using mods. Its very odd. Oh, and by the way, do you thing this is the right place to ask the question or should I start a thread or something.

Thanks again

I have a question for you guys. Would a 12 work for gold flavor?

Code:
<Row>
			<LeaderType>LEADER_LITTLEFINGER</LeaderType>
			<FlavorType>FLAVOR_GOLD</FlavorType>
			<Flavor>12</Flavor>
		</Row>

I have not seen a civ with greater than 8. Most likely this is why A Mod of Ice and Fire's civs do not work correctly. Most of the civs are very poor I am trying to fix that. If 12 is too high please let me know. Thanks for answering my question.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Sejong_(Civ5) Under amount what do the numbers in parenthesis mean? Does the value fluctuate between those numbers? Thanks for your help.

Not exactly a game mechanics question but what could be the problem when I'm getting red and white checkers on the screen? Some icons also seem to be just translucent square. Like Cargo Ship icon is missing while on top of queue (large) but not while below (small). It seems to happen at random and different between games. Like one time a certain CS's screen is all checkered (just that one). After a few turns it turned back to normal.

Also, I have installed mods but none is supposed to affect policies but I noticed that I'm no longer receiving the free aqueduct from the Tradition finisher normally. I still get free culture building though and the aqueducys show up after Engineering. The last time I played full Trad, the only mod I have active is Really Advanced Setup as France and aqueducts are showing normally.

Code:
<Row>
			<Flavor>12</Flavor>
		</Row>

I have not seen a civ with greater than 8. Most likely this is why A Mod of Ice and Fire's civs do not work correctly. Most of the civs are very poor I am trying to fix that. If 12 is too high please let me know. Thanks for answering my question.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Sejong_(Civ5) Under amount what do the numbers in parenthesis mean? Does the value fluctuate between those numbers? Thanks for your help.

Flavours above 10 do work - India has a 12 for both building and using nukes. However, the actual maximum is 10 so any values above that will be brought down to 10.

The reason for the parenthesis on the wiki is that the actual flavour value used in a game can randomly vary between +2/-2 of the internal value. The cutoff at the minimum of 0 and the maximum of 10 occurs after this randomisation, hence a value of 12 guarantees that the flavour will always be the maximum of 10.

is there a way to control how many religions can be founded? i find 6/10 to be too much.

Code:
<Row>
			<Flavor>12</Flavor>
		</Row>

Check this site http://civdata.com/ Ottomans have 10 Naval Recon, India has 12 Build and Use Nuke etc.

Flavor_gold is a poor flavor to have for the AI. Bumping it won't make an AI good.

For the simple reason that in the base dll the AI uses gold very poorly:
-Doesn't buy buildings
-Limited upgrade of units
-Doesn't buy city states efficiently

Also their Unique stuff need to be understood by the AI. Venice for example need special lines of code for itself. Depending on the complexity of the uniques of the civilization you're adding it may also be a reason for poor AI performances.

So sorry to ask a dumb question in the wrong place, but I've looked in all the places I can think of and still can't find the answer. I'm certain this question has been asked and answered a hundred times already, but I can't find it.

I keep reading about the Community Patch, and it sounds awesome, I want it! But after I installed it on my Mac from here, the Mods page in BNW says it's "not compatible with this version"! Is there not a Mac version of the Community Patch for BNW? How can I get the Community Patch (and the Balance Patch, and the CS Diplomacy Mod, etc. etc) on my Mac?

If I disable diplomatic victory, will there be a world leader election? (Which may still be nice because you get extra diplomats for getting the most votes)

Did they ever fix the America Archeologist bug that causes the game to crash every time an Archeologist completes a dig in neutral (non-owned) territory while playing as America? Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Did they ever fix the America Archeologist bug that causes the game to crash every time an Archeologist completes a dig in neutral (non-owned) territory while playing as America? Is there a fix for this anywhere?

As I recall, that was one of the many fixes in the G&K Fall patch. (The patch that came out the same year as G&K)

Hi guys,
I have a question to ask
Is there any option to hurry the unit or building being produced instead of buying them and what is the exact culture cost and buying cost of land [how is it decided] and is our culture reduced on buying lands.

I also wanted to ask that if I use a social policy to start a golden age does it also reduce the number of turns every time its triggered. Also what's the number's meaning that is written beside the city name is there a difference in it with difficulty. As I've read on forum somewhere that it's the strength or the defense a city has so I think it must be changing. The last question :
in the order of difficulties do we cheat ai or the ai cheat us as in civ3. Thanks.

Top Bottom