France in BNW

France is good. I won an immortal culture victory and came close to diety. They are just as strong as brazil. think of how many turns your actually on a golden age..France is a constant boost.

France is harder to play than Brazil though. You have to tech very smart and manage your capital well to not get beat to wonders. I would suggest rushing temple of artemis asap to get a quick engi so that you can hammer out an important wonder. Another option is to rush to pisa for a great person, pick engi and the use it for the globe theatre. Theres always liberty too, but its really not as good as tradition for a 3 or 4 city cultural win.

I think I did temple of art and then use the GE on sistine chapel, and then beeline to uffizi or whatever its called, lourve is good but you get hermitage too at uffizi which is pretty big for works space, the culture, and if you made a relgion, you can get tourism from it.

A culture victory isnt about tourism early on, its about food and science. Get your cities big and your science up so that you dont get beat to wonders and get your key buildings faster.

Dont ever go for Parthenon. its 2 tourism and huge time sink. Better to get science and food boosting stuff. Plus AI loves to go for it.

Cheateus are awful though. really situational.

I have never had a problem, on Immortal difficulty, Standard map size, getting both Uffizi and Louvre if I wanted them. If you tech up that side of the tech tree and ignore the bottom you can get to them early and, even better, they need the policy trees open to build, so not every AI is even competing with you (though a wonder spammer would be).

Top Bottom