Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
do you guys have any Asian voices? Chinese? Thai? Vietnamese maybe?

other voices i could use - Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Dutch, Flemish, Hindi, Farsi, Tagalog, Punjabi, Pashtun, Egyptian, Greek, Turkish, Croat/Slovenian/Czech, and Indonesian

of course, none are imperative. however, i thought i'd see if anyone had any of the above and if so, whether anyone would be willing to share :)

BTW, there's actually a .wav file that I found in MOA that has a German yelling victory...I think. (I'm using this in a Civ2 scen where you get this sound whenever the Germans capture a city --pretty cool.) Would someone who speaks German be nice enough to confirm that this is in fact what he's saying? Here's the file:

He says: "Wir haben gesiegt!" that means: "We have won (the battle)!"
The word "gesiegt" is a verb form of "Sieg" like in "Sieg Heil" by the way.
The noun is "der Sieg" that means "the victory"
You conjugate:
"Ich siege" - "I win"
"Du siegst" - "You win"
"Er, sie, es siegt" - "He, she, it wins"
"Wir siegen" - " We win"
"Ihr siegt" - "You win"
"Sie siegen" - "They win"

This was it, my little language conversion is at the end.;)

I think, my ability to speak English ist very rusty, if you understand, what I mean.:crazyeye:

The little King Kallewirsch

I needed this for my War of the Rings scenario I made, so I thought I might as well post it.
It's basically the Ring Chant in the Black Speech from LOTR.

Attachments

• Nazgul.zip
    550.9 KB · Views: 274
I want to change the wav file that is used for the explosion when you bombard something, but I can't find it anywhere. What is the name of this file and where is it located?

Found these on the web, and modified to add more depth and punch. A smoothbore cannon, matchlight musket and an Enfield rifle. I really like the musket wav, it sounds so rich in the game.

Attachments

• various.rar
    130.5 KB · Views: 255
German 128mm Flak 40

I have made two wav files for Wyrmshadows's excellent flak battery. I used Vingrjoes AttackA.wav from his Des Moines cruiser. It originally was a three shot salvo, but I cut out the first two shots and copied the third and pasted it at the end, creating a delayed two shot salvo to match the firing sequence. I tested it and the timing seems to look perfect.

The fortify.wav is the turret turning from the same file, edited and created as a separate file.

I also included an edited .INI file so you can overwrite yours if you already have this unit.

Attachments

• 128mm Flak.rar
    94.1 KB · Views: 252
Here's some sounds I thought could be uselful from Age of Empires:

- "Woolooloo"
- "My granny can scrap better then that" (good for the Grunt)
- "Enemy sighted"

Would anybody here be so kind to transfer the "Woolooloo-MP3-sound" in post 69 of this thread to a wav-file that can be used in Civ3? Some of the prophets and priests in CCM could make good use of that sound. :)

Etain, thank you very much! :thanx: It seems somebody other could use that file, too as I´m only number two in downloading. :)

Finally got around to finding the files.

Here are some various Monk-related Age of Empires 2 sounds.
5031, 5494 are the conversion sounds
5497 is the heal sounds
6178 is the monk create sound
5031 is the monastery select/create sound.

Attachments

• AoE2Monk Sounds.zip
    285 KB · Views: 242
To add a sound to any Unit for CIV, first make sure the sound is in .wav format or change it to .wav with a good sound program.

How to convert any .wav sound file to use for Civ3, PTW or Conquest:

On your computer, (usually found here) go to start then programs/accesories/multimedia or entertainment and click on SOUND RECORDER.

All Civ3 .wav file formats are at 22,050 Hz, 16bit Mono, 43 kb/s and Need to be set this way for proper in game use.

On the Recorder, Click on open and search for the .wav file you want to check or convert. Double left click the wav file and it will be in the Recorder.

Click on PROPERTIES. Here you will see the Audio Format of your sound listed.

On the screen you click [CONVERT NOW] Then under "Name" in this sound selection Box, use the Arrow Key and select "Radio Quality"(This is the Correct Format 22,050 Hz, 16bit Mono, 43 kb/s). Click OK then OK on the next box and save the sound as a new name or overwrite the original. Finished.

Alternately, you could search for the wav format (22,050 Hz, 16bit Mono, 43 kb/s)... [Use Arrow Button], select the format, hit ok and save. Note that you may either save as a different name or simply save and Over Write the .wav file where you found it. Note that If you exit Sound Recorder or open a nother sound, it will ask you if you want to save the sound...Finished!

Hi guys,

Time to update this post to the year 2019.

I'm working on creating some sounds. My computer is a Win10 machine but as you may already know there is no sound recorder that works the way it did back in WinXP. I've been searching all over the internet for a program that can reformat .wav files the way that C3C needs them to be. The biggest challenge is finding a program that can change the bitrate to 43kb/s.

Has anyone found a program that is not from some dodgy website filled with malware that can convert/modify sound files?

Oh nice find! Forgot to look in the subforum. Thanks for the tip Laurana! Can't wait to get home from work now to give Tony's d/l a try. I also have Audacity and if I can get that sound recorder to work on my system then I should have all the tools needed to get back into the sound making business.

The interesting thing is that in that thread you directed me to there was some discussion that using Audacity alone and saving as a mono .WAV PCM 16bit is really all you have to do. When I tried that however my sound file sounded like a high pitched squeal in game instead of it's intended sound effect. I must have done something wrong and will take a closer look at that tonight as well.

Well I'm happy to report that I was able to create two sound files successfully last night. Both worked in game fine. One had it's properties edited by Sound Recorder and the other by Audacity.

Thank you guys for your help!

Hi everyone. someone made the sounds for the units created by IMPERATOR 16TH, 17TH, 18TH.
IF YES, YOU CAN GIVE ME LINKS. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Top Bottom