Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

I hope you're not using a home-made system for that....

It's THE Paypal, no doubt about that.
After they experiencing some server problem, I realise how much fun I lost during the downtime. GMR also cures my addition to CiV (to healthier addition to GMR though) and helps me achieve better balance of life, work, study and gaming.

Well we've finished our game (by concession). GMR worked great the whole way through. Thank you guys!

It's THE Paypal, no doubt about that.
After they experiencing some server problem, I realise how much fun I lost during the downtime. GMR also cures my addition to CiV (to healthier addition to GMR though) and helps me achieve better balance of life, work, study and gaming.

Yes, GMR allows me to get a small civ fix, and still get enough sleep! :goodjob:

Hey Foffaren, that's awesome that you're considering supporting us, every little bit helps! :) .....

Yep thats pretty much all I needed to know. Thank you very much!

GMR is perfect for me. A few min to make your turns every day instead of a constant game that I cant quit (if I could, I would play NQ games) is perfect for me. I just dont have enough time to play the long sessions.

Thanks guys for the great feedback, and thank you for your support Foffaren! :)

We can certainly relate with your Civ needs! We never had time to sit down for several hours and do a multiplayer game, but we could easily afford a small chunk of time a day to get a similar multiplayer experience. Once we got playing GMR games though it turned into it's own form of Civ addiction, consuming hours of time, but at a lot more convenient pattern and a lot easier on our sleep schedules!

We're excited that everyone is getting the same great experience from GMR that we are! We definitely built this service for players just like you, because we are players just like you! ;)

Hey M4stermel, I'm having some problems with the client.

I am playing 2 games, and both are my turn. I played one and saved it, but it said there was an error. It went through anyway. I go to play the other, and it can't be downloaded for some reason. It said check the debug logs.

Any idea what's wrong? Thanks!

Made a payment today, and that should give me room for more games I assume. Anyone want to play? :)
Foffaren on steam.

Made a payment today, and that should give me room for more games I assume. Anyone want to play? :)
Foffaren on steam.

Maybe you can start a new thread and specify the settings (at most 8 players pls) and more hardcore GMR fans will join. Given G&K will start in less than a month, there will be more games by then for sure.

Maybe you can start a new thread and specify the settings (at most 8 players pls) and more hardcore GMR fans will join. Given G&K will start in less than a month, there will be more games by then for sure.

Yeah might do that, but I'll wait for G&K before making anything serious like that. 6-8 players feels best aswell. Nice flow without to much waiting.

Hello Foffaren!
I would like to join another one hotseat game.
I am already in the hotseat game with other six guys. We got through 119 turns and I've got tons of fun from it.

Hello Foffaren!
I would like to join another one hotseat game.
I am already in the hotseat game with other six guys. We got through 119 turns and I've got tons of fun from it.

That's impressive! when did you start / how many turns a day do you play? And who are these other guys that play so fast? :)

That's impressive! when did you start / how many turns a day do you play? And who are these other guys that play so fast? :)

The probably start with classic era, which is the same speed as ours.

Any way, I want to join as another game as well

we have been playing from the pre-ancient start, epic speed game with raging barbs.
We started on November of the last year.
First 100 turns were really quick, about 1 full turn per day. But now it slowed down because of military actions and lots of diplomacy going on :king:
All guys including me are from one of the strategic games' fun forums, where players are mainly from former Soviet Union countries. We are Total War series funs, but Civ is also very interesting.

m4stermel,

The service has been great - I get just enough of my civ fix without having to stay up to god awful hours to finish a game. As a noticeable side effect, I am playing much better than I do live mostly because I can plan out my research and building/wonder chains rather than just do some quick napkin math. Makes this play much more like a strategy game rather than an RTS game!

I can't play my turn for the speed Onan's game.

Waiting for instructions.

I can't play my turn for the speed Onan's game.

Waiting for instructions.

The latest save file submitted by Luciferkid somehow had the majority of it lost. I'm not sure where that might have occurred, but I reverted the turn back to him and we'll hope the second time's the charm ;)

we have been playing from the pre-ancient start, epic speed game with raging barbs.
We started on November of the last year.
First 100 turns were really quick, about 1 full turn per day. But now it slowed down because of military actions and lots of diplomacy going on :king:
All guys including me are from one of the strategic games' fun forums, where players are mainly from former Soviet Union countries. We are Total War series funs, but Civ is also very interesting.

Epic speed, wow, craziness! Were you in an early GMR beta group? I don't remember the app being around that long. Yeah, the diplomacy in these games is fun...most of ours seems to be conducted publicly, which is a little odd, for diplomacy, but worth a laugh. :)

Epic speed, wow, craziness! Were you in an early GMR beta group? I don't remember the app being around that long. Yeah, the diplomacy in these games is fun...most of ours seems to be conducted publicly, which is a little odd, for diplomacy, but worth a laugh. :)
we don't use GMR app for swapping savefiles, but we do it through some dropbox account :)
And we conduct diplomacy mainly through skype.
Also we decided to play hotseat with epic speed in order to have fun from using all military units in the Civ rouster at wars :lol:

The latest save file submitted by Luciferkid somehow had the majority of it lost. I'm not sure where that might have occurred, but I reverted the turn back to him and we'll hope the second time's the charm ;)

The problem seems to occur with the game itself . It's a bug that makes impossible to load the hotseat save without crashing . One "solution" I found to this problem is to open a new game on single-player game and play 1-2 turns there,then return to load the save from Hotseat . Since it's your turn now,you might wanna check out the cause of this problem and how that solution I posted works to solve it .

I was finally able to play my turn but after 3-4 tries only. I didn't try something particular for the last try and somehow it worked. :dunno:

I didn't get a runtime error this time. I got stuck on the loading page instead. I opened a singleplayer session like Lucifer suggested but that didn't change anything, not immediately at least...

Top Bottom