Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Ever considered a Waler Horse unique unit?

Depending on how it's done could make for some nice armies combined with Diggers in the early Modern Era... or whichever equivalent there will be in the future.

I'm not certain what we're going to do, but the idea of a Light Horse does sound quite appealing to me. Ultimately, the formula for Civ VI designs are most likely going to change things up due to the fact that we now have three unique components. I'll most likely be following the template of designing two of the components to synchronise with the UA and one of them to stand on their own. That being said, I was thinking that it was the Digger that stands on it's own.

I'm thinking that because the UA for Australia will deal with immigration, the Gaol could play in really nicely there. For example, the Gaol could simultaneously provide extra district housing, alongside Trade Routes with another civ increasing the happiness of the target Civ in return for increasing the Population growth of yours.

Stations would be something cool to represent, especially if we can throw in some of those classic Aussie Outback steel windmills. Likewise would Flying Doctors.

A reference to Australia's convict past I'm assuming, since it's their spelling of Jail

Yeah it's strange - Gaol is a spelling that most of the world seems to have done away with asides from Ireland, IIRC there's also a couple here in the UK though that spelling has primarily been abandoned. Certainly sounds more flavourful though :p

The Prime Minister UGP has grown on me - I still don't feel like it really fits as a unique Australian component given how common they are in the rest of the world - but they certainly fit into the current design really well. I have a feeling that Australia, Canada and Mexico are likely going to be the first priorities to port into Civ VI for CL in any case - though I wouldn't be surprised if the Inuit or such make it in.

Well, I for one am going to be enjoying the game before getting into modding it :p I'm in no rush myself to begin thinking about designs for new civs as CL seems to be.

Pfft. Having fun? Enjoying the game? What are these whimsies? :p

We, uh, we still spell it 'jail'... Gaol is just for historic stuff...

Huh strange, I heard that while Jail was primarily used as a spelling in newspapers and other print sources due to font sizes and whatnot whilst Gaol was preferred in other areas. That said - what I don't know about Australia could clearly fill a very large library, and I'm also clearly an idiot.

But hey, at least the name's flavourful :p

I'm interested in the planned Papua civ. Has the leader and uniques been decided for this civ? Or is it in the early stages of planning?

We, uh, we still spell it 'jail'... Gaol is just for historic stuff...

Gaol was the official English spelling until Noah Webster of the upstart revolutionary colonials published his upstart revolutionary dictionary, in which he revolutionized certain words... usually cleansing many a loyalist 'u' and completely reformulating 'jail.'

For the most part people now see the upstart revolutionary colonials as a major influencer and, I think, even England now spells it jail. Although I could be wrong.

Well, I for one am going to be enjoying the game before getting into modding it :p I'm in no rush myself to begin thinking about designs for new civs as CL seems to be.

second this. It's best to understand and enjoy the mechanics before you try to work with them, i'd say.

Dwarves? Alliance scum?

I think an Australia mod under Parkes in Civ 6 would have to revolve around District usage in some manner or other - perhaps with a unique Station building that builds on specific Districts further out from the Cities, granting extra Food, Production, or Gold depending on the type of tile worked, as well as a small amount of Culture and/or GWAM points of some description.

The Dwarves were created before I had harnessed the power of Lua, so there you go :)

Top Bottom