JFD's The World According to Modders

That's the thing I lack, it would be a wonderful excuse when I don't deliver art on time :p

Modding for me is the pursuit of some semblance of order.

New layout of the opening post inspired me to work on some though. It makes it more clear for me to see what's needed. :lol:

You mean in the civ thread, of course.

Modding for me is the pursuit of some semblance of order.

Glad you don't have any insight into my life then. Emotional and disorderly. I don't know whether I ever will change myself; I'm bad at imposing discipline over myself. (in before this becomes my new UA :lol: )

You mean in the civ thread, of course.

Yes, I mixed those two up. Just following the stream of consciousness, I suppose.

Glad you don't have any insight into my life then.

I've tried not to place much relevancy on any such insights; modding is foremost a place to escape all that. That is certainly not to say I do not have any; I am a student of psychology and politics, after all ;)

I've tried not to place much relevancy on any such insights; modding is foremost a place to escape all that. That is certainly not to say I do not have any; I am a student of psychology and politics, after all ;)

I didn't want to make any assumption that you have any such insights, I only intended to make a self-harming comparison :p Anyway, that's a subject for another discussion in another place, but maybe it could become a hidden penalty to my otherwise awesome UA :lol:

The OP seems to be missing some images.

Hype!!

I don't know if I've earned the esteemed privilege of being a civ in this year's scenario, but I've done a little bit of art in the event that I have. If not, I'm still content with being a city-state.
Spoiler :
The art is pilfered from some Far Cry 4 promo art, only being slightly touched up by myself. Still, it's too perfect to not use.

I'm also working on my own map, as I know that part's the hardest.

Yeah, I guess blurring the background beyond recognition and messing up the sharpness is a bit different from "touching up". Though yeah, I'll continue to work on the map. As for uniques, I think I'll take the Confederate UA, Boer Commando, and Texan Ranger. Also, the Texan Ranger has changed a bit in the latest unreleased version, so I can shoot you a preemptive download link to base it off of if you'd like.

And I think I'll try to get TPangolin to whip up a unique icon using the colors of the (also unreleased) Cascadian icon, if that's alright. If not, I'd settle for the Rhodesian icon.

I... I thought the gorilla was different :p

Oh yeah, feel free to use a new or unreleased icon for the scenario. I'll make note of the uniques you've asked for, but just send me whatever it is that I don't have access to.

Do you need civ idea? I can give some... oh and can you add colonies to the mod?

I'm more than willing to help with any text-based stuff.

(scapegrace seeks a Great Writer)

I'd love to be a friendly militaristic city-state, if that's possible (can't remember if it's possible to set CS personality or if that's random). That is if even qualified to be included in the scenario ;)

You might actually be the only modder with undisputed territory. You need to be a civ.
Also, city state type ideas:

Helpful- +1 science if friendly, +3 science if allied(scales with era)
Artistic- same as cultural.
Feedback giving- same as maritime, but gives a small happiness boost as well.
modding- same as militaristic

Well i'm pretty much going to be Greece only if a modder as small as me was added.
But i'll be America too, soon.

Also, city state type ideas:

Helpful- +1 science if friendly, +3 science if allied(scales with era)
Artistic- same as cultural.
Feedback giving- same as maritime, but gives a small happiness boost as well.
modding- same as militaristic

That's actually a good idea. I guess all life is now over.

I'd love to be a friendly militaristic city-state, if that's possible (can't remember if it's possible to set CS personality or if that's random). That is if even qualified to be included in the scenario ;)

Of course you have :p Personalities are random, though.

I'm more than willing to help with any text-based stuff.

(scapegrace seeks a Great Writer)

You can probably write your own City-State pedia entry :p

Well i'm pretty much going to be Greece only if a modder as small as me was added.
But i'll be America too, soon.

You'll be a CS, of course, at least.

Top Bottom