Regna et Res Publicae - Hypereon's Civilizations

Most people do not provide a UU replacement for Info era units to maintain balance, so that at the end of the game, all Civs will have equal balance in terms of units available. I'd say change it to the Fighter unit.

Clearly Kekkonen needs a paratrooper replacement to commemorate his great fondness for them in the BR :p

In all seriousness though, I think the drawback to having an info era UU will probably be mitigated by the fact that the player will still be able to get the Jääkäri at the normal time - just via means of a decision instead of by default.

Really looking forward to the upcoming civs in any case - is Jefferson in the same position as the Roman civs? With some art but no coding?

Clearly Kekkonen needs a paratrooper replacement to commemorate his great fondness for them in the BR :p

In all seriousness though, I think the drawback to having an info era UU will probably be mitigated by the fact that the player will still be able to get the Jääkäri at the normal time - just via means of a decision instead of by default.

Really looking forward to the upcoming civs in any case - is Jefferson in the same position as the Roman civs? With some art but no coding?

Yep, I'd say the Roman civs are closer to the finish, but as I plan to release them together, Jefferson is probably the next release.

I'll probably make a stealth Battleship/Destroyer/Missile Cruiser UU for Kekkonen. F/A-18 Hornets are very dear to us in Finland, but not actually Finnish as the Hamina class boats, built in Rauma, Finland, are. Though, Finnish Jet Fighters will be remodeled as McDonnell Douglas Hornets. ;)

I'm not sure when the Urho Finland update will come out, but this picture surely will keep me motivated:

Spoiler :

You'll never be as cool as President Urho Kekkonen dressed in rubber. :cool:

Someone needs to cross-post this to the CBR subreddit immediately.

Can't wait for a incoming release. It doesn't matter if it would be another civ or the update of our beloved Urho! :D And how dreamy is the thought, that Hypereon makes a Constantin the Great LS and then JFD helps out with he code, but then I must discover it was only a thought. :(

Yep, I'd say the Roman civs are closer to the finish, but as I plan to release them together, Jefferson is probably the next release.

I'll probably make a stealth Battleship/Destroyer/Missile Cruiser UU for Kekkonen. F/A-18 Hornets are very dear to us in Finland, but not actually Finnish as the Hamina class boats, built in Rauma, Finland, are. Though, Finnish Jet Fighters will be remodeled as McDonnell Douglas Hornets. ;)

I'm not sure when the Urho Finland update will come out, but this picture surely will keep me motivated:

Spoiler :

You'll never be as cool as President Urho Kekkonen dressed in rubber. :cool:

Even though it'd make much more sense as a missile cruiser, a battleship would be more balanced. Unless, of course, it made sense to make it be unlocked earlier, but I don't know enough about it to know if that'd be possible.

The current UU the Jääkäri worries me a bit, as AI of course doesn't know how to take advantage of it. I'm planning to swap them to an event, and have a new modern UU for Finland. Some suggestions are Hamina Class missile boat (Missile Cruiser?) and F/A-18 Hornet (Jet Fighter). How do you feel about this late-game a unit?

Personally, I have no issues with an Information-age UU. Although I also went and made a whole mod that extends the information age for another hundred turns or so, so I may be biased. :p

Still, the idea of a (possibly stealthy!) missile-firing UU sounds pretty sweet to me!

I don't think it is a good idea, because Finnish army currently isn't very known for their prowess. Usually Finnish UUs are from IIWW because Finnish Army was most remarkable turning that time period. But if you feel strongly about it then just go ahead.. there should be more Information era UUs anyways.

Any chance that we'll be seeing Jefferson or the Rome split sometime soon? I presume not in the latter's case due to the wiki mentioning that Western Rome is now planned as well, but thought I would ask in any case.

Any chance that we'll be seeing Jefferson or the Rome split sometime soon? I presume not in the latter's case due to the wiki mentioning that Western Rome is now planned as well, but thought I would ask in any case.

Western Rome? as in when the empire was split into two? I wonder who would be the leader.

Hello, Hypereon. Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Russia.
I think that I have found a bug in Napoleon III mod. When I come into a civilopedia to look at information on the leader, there is a crash. Specifically in that mod.
What can it be?

Hello, Hypereon. Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Russia.
I think that I have found a bug in Napoleon III mod. When I come into a civilopedia to look at information on the leader, there is a crash. Specifically in that mod.
What can it be?
Please send me logs. :) I PM'd you more specific instructions.

Argh, god damn! Everytime I see that "Hype"reon posts something I hope for some news. :D :p

Argh, god damn! Everytime I see that "Hype"reon posts something I hope for some news. :D :p

Lol, I'm in a hiatus until I am done with this month's uni entry exams. That doesn't mean the civs aren't going forward - just wait for the floodgates to open and the Hype(reon) train won't stop. :p

Lol, I'm in a hiatus until I am done with this month's uni entry exams. That doesn't mean the civs aren't going forward - just wait for the floodgates to open and the Hype(reon) train won't stop. :p

I see what you did there. Also, can't wait loved your work with Finland and France.

Top Bottom