Civilizations by ldvhl

So, for the Tehuelche, I need a bit of coding done. I already asked in the C++/LUA Request Thread and nobody responded, so I'm hoping someone might take notice here and be willing to help out.

Here's the code that would be needed:
Spoiler :
The UA adds Tourism to Happiness before Circumnavigation. After Circumnavigation, Tourism adds to Science.

The UU needs a promotion (Bolas) that reduces movement of adjacent enemy units by 1.

The UI (Kan) Produces extra food if a Tehuelche unit is on top of it, and Tehuelche units heal faster if they're on a Kan.

And on a side note:
Spoiler :
I'm going in for a medical procedure next week and may or may not be around depending on how things go.

And on another side note:
Spoiler :
I'll have a non-civ surprise release probably this weekend.

UU should probably be changed to "-1 Movement for adjacent enemy units starting their turn next to the [INSERT UU NAME]". I haven't tried doing promotions with negative movement changes, but I imagine it will work. Pretty simple code, but I won't have time to write it within the next couple of days. A thing you should consider is what's to happen if the adjacent unit only has a movement of 1.

UI's faith bonus is also very simple and easy to code. I don't know about the healing bonus, as I don't know if there's a SQL promotion tag for this. If not it can be done with Lua easily enough.

Regarding the UA, I have some additional questions, you want the tourism output to be directly added to the happiness amount? Should this also be the case after Circumnavigation is researched? In any case it can be done with a simple lua function, so no worries..

I can write the code and post it here for you sometime next week (possibly by week's end).

The UU clarification seems correct. And units with 1 movement would have their movement reduced to zero - appropriate for the Bola Warrior.

The UI doesn't have a faith bonus? It's just a food bonus and healing for Tehuelche units.

The UA adds Tourism to Happiness only before Circumnavigation. After Circumnavigation, the UA adds Tourism to Science only. Hopefully I clarified?

I'm going to be in the hospital at the end of next week so there's no rush if deadlines are pressing. Thanks again so much Danmacsch.

About the UA, do you mean the Navigation tech or the Circumnavigation "event" that occurs once somebody discovers a contiguous east-west sea passage (I thought it wasn't active in the game)?

I totally read that as Navigation [emoji14] if it's not just a mistake that it says "Circumnavigation", it should definitely be considered to be changed.

Yeah, we definitely meant Circumnavigation. Why would that not work?

It works on the most played maps (continents, fractal, archipelago/large islands and earth maps, etc.) but not on maps like highlands, great plains, north vs south and even zoomed maps of a certain location (ie. Caucasus, Japan, Nile, etc.). As such, it'd be better to make it change after any civ has researched Astronomy or Navigation.

I suppose Astronomy would be the better choice.

Alternately, it could trigger after the World Congress is founded?

What do you think, Hoop?

After World Congress is founded sounds like a nice alternative, it marks the beginning of the Modern Era while accounting for maps that don't have the possibility of Circumnavigation.

It's a shame though, this was one of hte few civilizations where the Circumnavigation event could be used while still making sense.

Danmacsch, is it codable that way then, so that it hinges on whether or not the World Congress has been founded?

I can probably help with the writing (civilopedia entries, etc) for the Native American civs, since I own the Smithsonian's Handbook of the North American Indians series. Maybe not too soon (this winter break), since I am busy with research, but eventually.

That would be much appreciated! Feel free to post here when you have them done, there's no rush.

That would be much appreciated! Feel free to post here when you have them done, there's no rush.

Can you give me the names of the leaders for Chumash, Illinois, Muscogee, Niimiipuu, Pequot, Pomo, Shawnee, Squamish, and Tsehestano? I would like to try to write their civilopedia entries as well.

Also, should I mention their language affiliations in their civ entries? I'm obsessed with languages. :D

Here goes:

Chumash is led by Samala. Illinois is Pah-me-cow-ee-tah. Muscogee is Selocta. Niimiipuu is Hin-mah-too-yah-lat-kekt. Pequot is Richard Arthur Hayward. Pomo is Essie Pinola Parrish. Shawnee is Tecoomse. Squamish is Sahpluk. And Tsehestano is Mahpiya Luta.

Thank you!

ldvl, can you tell me the uniques (unit, buildings, improvements) for those civs? I want to try writing their civilopedia entries.

Also,it seems like a lot of your leader choices are obscure. Nothing wrong with that. :D
Looks like I have to dig deeper than wikipedia. I still haven't found out if Samala (Chumash leader) was an actual person.

What is the Free Territories and Komori? Cause I have no idea what they are

Top Bottom