Harkodos' Civilizations

Harkodos

Warlord
[UPDATE] - It's been a while (dang, nearly 4 years!) To come back here and see all the stuff I announced way back when and come here today with almost none of it is... disheartening, but I'm not here to be sad. Today marks my first release in quite some time (not a new Civ, but still a Mod nontheless). And I suppose an explanation of what I've been doing, where my projects are right now and when you can expect new uploads from me following this one.

Simply put: I've been working on alot of Mods. I mean, ALOT of Mods. Many of them based around gameplay and such; fixing problems I have with certain features or situations in Civ V, to try and improve them to fit more to my liking. I've been investing alot of time into these, and it has eaten away from my time toward making any new Civilizations (Ironic, right? The whole reason I wanted to Mod for Civ V in the first place). As of now, I'm currently chugging through what has to be the biggest of them all. I won't give any details (I want it to be a surprise!), but once it's done, I can finish up the rest of them and then prepare to actually begin releasing my Mods, one-by-one.

As for how soon I can begin releasing them? Can't say. I can see the other end of the tunnel, but some steps take longer to take than others... As for this update, I'm making it to let everyone know that I do indeed to finish what I started, but I'm giving these gameplay Mods I'm currently working on priority. Sucks to wait I know; and I don't doubt that there are/were many of you that either forgot about these, or got tired of waiting and moved on. For those that still want these or are still interested, I ask that you please be patient. Goodness knows the patience I've had to have with myself with some of these decisions.

Also, for the "Phases" and whatnot that this thread used to entail, I can't see following through with that anymore. The Mods will be released when they are able.

To end this Update, I thought I'd treat everyone for waiting so long. At the request of someone on Steam, I've decided to release a new Mod today: I know it's not much, but I hope you enjoy it.

Newest Release:
The Exdeath Empire

Download at:
Steam Page

Newest Release Info:
Spoiler :

Exdeath - The Exdeath Empire - (Final Fantasy V) - Defensive & Culture Focus
UA: Power of the Void: Land units receive a +33% Combat Bonus when defending. Defensive buildings in all cities are more effective based on the number of cities you possess. Defensive buildings and improvements provide Culture.
UU: Legendary Swordsman: Replaces the Longswordsman. 20 Combat Strength. 2 Movement. Available with Steel. Requires 1 Iron to build. Begins with the Sword of Legend promotion, which will provide either the Strongest of Swords promotion or the Cheap Imitation promotion after this unit engages in its first combat.
UB: Interdimensional Rift: Replaces the Caravansary. Land-based trade routes from this city extend 100% further away and provide an additional 2 Gold for both the trade route owner and the trade route recipient. +2 Culture. +10% Culture. +2 Tourism with the discovery of Flight.

Non-Civilization-based Releases:
Spoiler :
Polite Citadels

Download at:
Steam Page

Keep checking back here for updates!

Last edited:
Harkodos' Current Releases #1:
Spoiler :
Kefka Palazzo - The Cult of Kefka - Very aggressive and warmongering. Ranged Units receive lots of benefits. Likely to start near Tundra.

Download at:
Steam Page

Exdeath - The Exdeath Empire - Very defensive, but also quite Cultured. His defenses grow when he gains control over more cities. Likely to start near Forest.

Download at:
Steam Page

Trollz Citadel - Makes the Citadel improvement seize every Tile on the Map (that isn't occupied by a City). Fun with friends!

Download at:
Steam Page

Polite Citadels - Removes the Citadel improvement's ability to seize adjacent Map Tiles. For those that hate having their Territory stolen.

Download at:
Steam Page

Last edited:
Harkodos' Current Releases #2:
Spoiler :
None yet! (Sorry!)

Last edited:
Harkodos' Current Releases #3:
Spoiler :
None yet! (Sorry!)

Last edited:
Harkodos' Current Releases #4:
Spoiler :
None yet! (Sorry!)

Last edited:
@Hoop_Thrower
While that is possible, you have to research more techs to get the Magitek Armor than you do the Cavalry. I guess the Cult of Kefka will provide a rare opportunity for certain units to be obsolete on arrival.

@Uighur_Caeser
I plan to do all of the major Final Fantasy villains as playable Civs as well as many more varied ideas. I'll be updating my first post in the next few days of what I have in mind.

Looks fantastic, but I am a little concerned that it has too much of a dependence on coal. Both uniques require it, which is kind of a problem considering that coal placement on many maps can be pretty arbitrary. Coal and uranium are the two strategic resources that can sometimes fail to show up on gigantic portions of maps, so having both uniques require coal seems like perhaps not the best idea. It might be a good idea to either keep the UU's oil requirement in stead of giving it a coal requirement, or do away with the UB's coal requirement.

That is a good point. Fortunately, his unique ability favors ranged units instead (except in an awkward case where the Chariot Archer could potentially upgrade into the Magitek Armor which causes some interesting effects). I may disable the need for the Unique Building to require Coal, but for now I'll leave it as is. Maybe when I update it sometime in the future, I'll at least change that much.

Great mod, I'm really excited for more mods from you, especially Final Fantasy ones.

I don't think having two Uniques reliant on Coal is too strong, because the Unique Ability promotions are insane as it is.

Made a Major update today involving all of the ideas I have for Civs and their leaders. If you have any questions/suggestions, please tell me. I'd love to hear any input you have.

Hm, have you begun any work on the Digital World, yet? I'd really appreciate a Digimon civilization. In fact, if you even have a prototype, may I try it out?

@Protagonist
As of right now, only The Exdeath Empire has any significant work done on it (though I have finished coding the units, buildings and traits of The Shinra Electric Power Company and The Council of Ricks). I probably won't have any prototypes of any of the mods anytime soon. The way I've decide to work on these, I'll probably be making these Civs in lump sums. However, I will take note that a Digimon Civ is desired. A good place for me to start after I'm done with the others I've allotted for the time being.

@Klisz
I tagged that as difficult to be on the safe side. I was planning on looking over the Trung Sisters Mod as reference since they have a similar feature with the Honor Policy Tree for their Trait (which is where I got the idea). Cortex's UA has gone through numerous changes because all of the parts of his UA have been absorbed into other Civs. His original was something along the lines of:

"+1 Science from Quarries and Mines. +1 Food and +1 Production from Jungle Tiles. Earn +50% more Research from Research Agreements."

As you can see, all of those have been featured in at least one form or another in another Civ I've listed above, so I decided to change it entirely.

Regarding the Lua: I am willing to accept any help that's offered. If you'd like to contribute, that'd be swell.

Oh my! I really want this South Park civ. I will look into art, what I can do.

I think out all of these I think Planet Express, Springfield, Union Aerospace, and strangely Petoria are among my favorites but overall I have enjoyed and enthusiastically approve of the line-up of fictional civilizations you have planned and hopefully you'll have the tools at your disposal to make them.

So here are my South Park icons if you want to use.

Spoiler :

Randy Marsh Icon -> Game Hunters -> Butt Transmitter

Spoiler :

Randy Marsh leaderscreen.

Attachments

• RandyICon.jpg
    RandyICon.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 2,452
  • RandyLS.jpg
    RandyLS.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 2,465
@Alga2
Your contributions are quite generous, but I'm pretty sure I'll have graphics covered. As with my Cult of Kefka Civilization, I want to give each and every Civ a nice brand of polish. Your Leader Scene and Civ Icons look...rushed to be honest. I don't mean that as a bad thing, it just means they aren't quite up to what I want to do with each of my Civs. I don't plan on giving any of the Civs on my to-do list any less of the treatment I've given my first.

Also, it's funny that we both picked the same pictures for the Unique Unit and Unique Building (I suppose there were only so many variations to choose from).

@Groucho_Marx
I had a lot of fun thinking up the ideas for each of the Civs above. I've the tools and the time, I'm here to make sure I bring quality Civs to Civ 5.

Definitely i'm going to play these mods once completed, i really like fictional civilizations :king:

Also, and the purpose of this post, i have some ideas (don't know if there are a suggestion civilization thread), and watching this thread i need some opinion about.

The World God Only Knows (aka Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai) (Icon is the First Japanese Character of the logo as is stylized, crimson red (or maroon) and yellow preferably as colors)
Leader: Keima Katsuragi
Capital: Maihama (Other Cities: Tenri, Takanohara, Aoyamacho, Ise-Nakagawa, Shionomiya, Kusu, Kawachi-Kosaka, Nagase, Kujo, Ikoma, Uehonmachi, Haibara, Goido, Narusawa)
UA: I Can See The Ending, Steal one Technology from Enemy Civ when Annex or Puppet one city.
UB: Maihama High School, Replaces Public School, instead of 3 Science produces 3 Culture, the other properties of High School remains.
UU: Spirit Hunter, Replaces Rifleman, if killed the civ gain +15 science points.

Camp Lazlo (Icon: a Pine?, a Bean?, or the Face of Lazlo?, yellow and green preferably as colors)
Leader: Lazlo
Capital: Camp Kidney (Other Cities: Acorn Flats, Prickly Pines, Jelly Cabin, Pinto Cabin, Java Cabin, Leakey Lake, Camp Tomato)
UA: Happy-Go Lucky, +1 Global Happiness for each 5 citizens, -25% Unhappiness when Puppet or Annex a City.
UB: Camp Kidney, replaces Circus, +2 Happiness and +2 food but 1 maintenance.
UU: Bean Scout, like scouts but cheaper and less stronger.

Suggestions are welcome, and regards.

Top Bottom