Senshi's Civs

Merry day of birthing!

May your victories be many and your exploits forever fruitful.

Hapt birthday Senshi!!!

...For tomorrow...

...Or today...

...Or yesterday...

Dammit, time zones!

Yeah, that always messes me up. Like when TPangs says, "we're releasing a civ today." And I look and see that he posted yesterday, but I didn't notice anything new released. Then I realized he posted at night (where I live) so it was probably this morning (where he lives) and technically it's still "today" in Australia. . . I think. :crazyeye: And then I just say screw it, I'll see the release whenever it happens.

Thanks to all of you! I'm terrible at reacting to 'Happy Birthday's, my natural reaction to receiving greeting X is "X to you too!" but that doesn't exactly work...

In other news, Samoa is basically done! At this point I'm just waiting on one last little tiny thing before I can fully release. I feel I must warn you guys though, the civ won't have E&D support initially but it should hopefully be added within the week!

Umm, ah... uh... eh, what the heck, it's probably going to release within a couple hours anyway, might as well stoke the hype:

It's here!

Samoa
Collaboration with Colonialist Legacies! Don't ask me how that happened :p

Supports: E&D (soon!), TAL, UCI, Civ IV Traits, YnAEMP, Map Labels, CulDiv, CID, Mercenaries, Piety, Prosperity, and Sovereignty (assuming they're still things :p)
Steam Workshop - Steam Workshop Downloader

Well done Senshi!

Congrats on the release. Glad to see someone's done a Samoan civ finally. Really looking forward to the Manchus.

Also, forgot to say happy birthday sooner. :D

Senshi, I saw your Manchu design earlier in the thread. And yeah, Mukden is good for the capital. If you need city names I can get you a list I cooked up a while back.

Thanks, guys! It means a lot :D

Anyway, the next civ I'm planning to work on is the Manchu! This is at least partially because it has the most art assets :p

It's probably gonna be hard to get code though. I think I can explain (not code, but explain) it lua-wise, but it'll probably require a lot of little tricks, Neirai's combat listener and the sort.

Ideally I'd get someone to mod the UI as well so units have their banner type displayed next to their icon, but that probably isn't going to happen...

I don't think that's necessary. The only thing from the design you posted that would need it can be done by having a promotion with CaptureDefeatedEnemy = true.

But it still needs to assign the captured enemy the same banner as the unit that killed it, so it will need to use it for at least that.

I don't think that's necessary. The only thing from the design you posted that would need it can be done by having a promotion with CaptureDefeatedEnemy = true.

Hmm... so it wouldn't be necessary for checking the banner of a Green Standard when they capture an enemy unit and assigning that banner to that unit?

EDIT: Ninja'd on my own thread. Oh the humanity! :p

But it still needs to assign the captured enemy the same banner as the unit that killed it, so it will need to use it for at least that.
SerialEventUnitCreated or something of that sort + checking if the unit has no banner and if not, assigning him one would do the trick

oh derp, I didn't read the part where it gets the same banner :p disregard me (I managed to not understand that even after Uighur pointed it out, jeez I need a break pls)

Top Bottom