Hannibal/Quatronia Diplomacy

I'm sure the Q know we built the Oracle, maybe they haven't checked F9 recently - but they know. bragging is creating a YouTube video and posting it to the public forum ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZvucXqkTtk

(if anyone wants to re-subtitle it, we should post it ;)

everybody knows we built the oracle;)

i would prefere to leave the techs we can offer in the message (at least metalcasting), so they can already think about what to give us for it. naming metalcasting as traiding bait is important i think to get them to reserach alpha immediately and not other stuff first...

Slightly modified. We are teasing them with Metal Casting and nudging them towards Alphabet. I'm leaving the Oracle stuff in there. They probably know, but if they don't, I want to show them the benefits of being friends with us. I'm going to send this later today unless I get some objections.

Greetings Team Quatronia,

We will happily accept your non-aggression pact for the next 50 turns, so long as you do not aggressively settle near our lands. It is probably more appropriate to discuss this in more detail once we both have a better lay of the land. We look forward to building this alliance into a long-term friendship.

We do not yet have a way to exchange technologies either, but your willingness to share knowledge with us is very encouraging.

The recent construction of the Oracle has been a cause for jubilation for our people. The divine properties of the structure have taught us the secrets of Metal Casting, which we are willing to share. How close are you to uncovering the secrets of Alphabet?

Our land is scattered with brilliant gems and bogs of rice, and some strange blue substance that we have yet to find a use for. Wheat and clams would both benefit our people greatly.

Your scouts seem to have done better work then ours, since you are the first civilized people we meet. What we do know is that the land between us seems very large is likely a continent rather then an island.

Do you live directly next to us, or is there any civilization between us?

Regards,
Team Mavericks

How close are you to uncovering the secrets of Alphabet?

I would like to know this myself. Though they may interpret that as some sort of PROBE. Let's see...

Was thinking that one thing we can possibly offer as trade bait is to trade MC and forgo building the Colossus ourselves (which I don't know that we were intending to?). That could be a good lure for someone?

From a game mechanics standpoint, what do we need to happen before resource trading is possible?

Building Colossus for us is a big no no. Only point is for denial purposes. We should PRETEND we want to, but are willing to give up this wonder to them, and in exchange we could get some rather big bonuses from them in a trade deal. Let's get Alphabet and who knows what else in the deal for MC. They don't know yet that we got screwed out of sea-food. Unless they paid very close attention to the demo.

Maybe we should tell em another team has contacted us and wants priority over the deals, so they better hurry up in their e-mails ;P

Also, we should make them think we are doing VERY BIG sacrifices to let them build Collossus. This can enable us to take RainChecks for teachs at later date as well, since alphabet itself isn't worth us losing Collossus *caugh *caugh...

Alright, wtf is going on with Carthage? No response? I'm pretty suspicious what has happened is they met someone else and are trying to see if they can get better deals while keeping us in the dark until they figure out their best bangs for the bucks.

I already peeked in at T49, we are 2 turns away from Mono. So what the hell is with Carthage, and what is their ETA on alphabet?

We should maybe threaten them and let them know others are trying to make deals with us, so we need their responses ASAP.

we are isolated, carthage is not:)

if it was the other way around, we also would be crosschecking any possilble deals (meaning, telling others that we could get mc and try to get more for it before the indians make contact with them)

-> no need to worry, they will contact us and next message we tell them that we ment to make an exclusive deal, and that they cant rebroker our mc;)

-> will take them another while to coordinate diplo (again) and hopefully we have our own boat out and scouting at that point

gaining time isnt anything bad for us i´d say at this point

I think we should sent them something like:

Dear Team Q,

Our people is wondering when could we get a response from you? We consider this time to be crucial for our future world domination. In that regards we are thinking of building Great Giant above our harbor to put gold shine on surface of our seas.

Knowing your love of golden coin we also thought that we might forfeit this glorious wonder and send you the blueprints by wings of our fastest crow, but we would like to know if you would be willing to send something back to us by ship!

I think we can also stress out that we want partnership with them but unsure where should we go next and that we don't want to lose years wandering down the coast with settler onboard to see their borders there.

Just in case Mike is awol, is there anyone else who can check if we got anything back?

Anybody can. I'm third diplomate in line I'll check in half an hour.

Hmm, well maybe we should send their TEAM-LEADER a private message on the forum letting him know we've been waiting for a while... And if they want us to instead give big guns like MC to someone else instead. That should wake somebody up...

Top Bottom