Hannibal/Quatronia Diplomacy

Like the tone of the message. :thumbsup:

Not super crazy about giving them a good deal on MC, as they showed no willingness to work with us so far... I suppose we have to try something. I'm just hoping we meet Sirius soon and have better options then.

Honestly your kissing their ass after that rebuke of a diplo message??

Play them along, but I'm going to be vocally advocating never to trade with them. Who do they think they are?

Honestly your kissing their ass after that rebuke of a diplo message??

Play them along, but I'm going to be vocally advocating never to trade with them. Who do they think they are?

Maybe its ass-kissing, but I'm just trying to keep them happy until we have our feet under us a little more.

We don't have to commit to anything trade-wise if we don't like it, I just want to get them talking. We'll find out if they are seriously close to getting it from another source this way.

Just to be clear, I'm not very happy with them either, but until we are stronger, we need to act like our leader, Gandhi :)

16.07 Today.

TheMike of the Mavericks,

Your reply was very helpful, it is good to be clear with why you offered those tech trades that you offered. Our team thought that you were trying to insult us for making trades with other teams.

Unfortunately, we are getting Metal Casting soon, and getting it a few turns in advance would not be helpful at all.

We understand that you would love to make a tech trade, but, you have nothing to give us.
Apologies,
Ambassador Bowsling
Team Quatronia

Well, I guess that is something.

Their response tells me that they are serious about actually getting MC soon.

We understand that you would love to make a tech trade, but, you have nothing to give us.

What a load of sh!t. We had plenty for a while, and they just kept ignoring all our messages for trades. Now it's the old "Oh you have nothing to trade" excuse. lmfao.

And don't put too much faith into that "We're about to get MC" either. If they really were, odd they'd tell us since they've been conspiring against us from the get go. It makes no sense for them to suddenly tell us the truth.

Most likely it's :):):):):):):):) to scare us into trying to sell it away cheap.

Just out of curiosity guys, if we wait long enough I think we can expect joint attack from Q and A in near future (based on their current lovefest). Since we obviously will not be friends with Amazons, would it be big deal if we brake our NAP with Q?

Ramp up the pressure;

Dear Q,

Thanks for your recent message, your honesty is appreciated.

Sadly due to the content of your message we are no longer interested in Open Borders or the NAP. We hearby give you 5 turns notice of cancelation.

We also decree that any of your units that are seen within our sphere of operations will be classed as unfriendly, we reserve the right to deal with them as we see fit.

Mavericks.

No. Don't do them any more favours, when we DoW we don't give them any warning. We wait until we can snatch a city, or sink a galley of settlers.

It would be really nice if we could get a few spies up in their lands somehow. The only problem is they are a little expensive and we have other things to get out the door as well. I'm also can't remember, but can't spies still get caught even if they are not on the same tile as another?

I'm also for DOW without any warning, if we give them heads up we might be attacked. We need to this as complete surprise to them!

No. Don't do them any more favours, when we DoW we don't give them any warning. We wait until we can snatch a city, or sink a galley of settlers.

It would be really nice if we could get a few spies up in their lands somehow. The only problem is they are a little expensive and we have other things to get out the door as well. I'm also can't remember, but can't spies still get caught even if they are not on the same tile as another?

IIRC, I don't think they can be caught unless they are in someones territory. They can be caught without an enemy spy inside their borders.

Han's power spikes have flat-lined for the last few turns. I think it's only because of them getting Iron-working etc. all gifted to them.

I'm a bit worried now that when we meet the others, the ones willing to trade with us will probably not have alphabet. So this can really put us into a problem.

Anyhow, I also sent a BLUFF pvm to Carthage also asking them what did they wish to trade to us for Machinery :p Let's see what happens.

I believe Machinery is light-bulbable with a GE, so if they really are smart, then it would indeed appear that is one of the options we were gunning for.

I believe Machinery is light-bulbable with a GE, so if they really are smart, then it would indeed appear that is one of the options we were gunning for.

Machinery is lightbulbable with the GE, however with Mids falling the turn after it'll be obvious that's what we used the GE on. Bluffing that we bulbed Machinery is likely out of the question.

I was going to send a follow up before the building of the mids that there was too much squabbling, and the majority decided to instead rush the mids instead. I also was going to mention we made a deal with another Civ who was prepared to research machinery for us in exchange for other materials...

Then let them chew on that for a while..

Anyhow, I am seriously debating on getting an army ready of horses and sniping off the first city they settle on the bigger land-mass. Their henge is their worst enemy here. I believe it lets us capture a city even at pop 1.

But it may be more worth it to wait, for a latter and more opportune moment when we could snatch a capital instead...

Alright, I pvm'ed Provolution again. I told him time was running out, so again, tell us what they'd be willing to trade for machinery, and when.

Notice, if they do tell us WHEN, they'd be giving up info they don't want to. In fact, I suspect I was right all along, that their "We're just about to get Metal Casting very, very soon!" was just a pure bluff to mis-direct us, and cause us to devalue it so they could snatch it for peanuts.

Obviously, Cyrus and Carthage still don't have MC even still, and none are even giving us an ETA for MC. I think the cat's in the bag there. Especially since Carthage obviously hasn't even put one beaker into MC as I can see.

I wonder if we are putting some tension and disagreement in their teams right now, on weather they picked the right civs to play in a blockage against. From their perspective, this is two major techs they're missing out that they could have.

Anyhow, since we are stockpiling up gold, as soon as they get currency (and we still have it) they may wonder what happened. We can lead on we were chopping the mids, but decided to rush it in another city to get the trees-to-gold trick. Haha!

Perhaps I should make another mis-direction post in the public forum, asking about chop-to-wealth tricks, if they are allowed in this game :p

Time to rub in their bluff :p How about this little entagonizing follow-up?

Dear friend Quatronia:

Over a week ago the Mavericks inquired if you wished to gain Metal Casting through a deal to benefit us both. However, you did mention that you were already about to gain MC in a very few turns, which we understand.

Since you then are just about to unlock Machinery, we would be willing to sell Machinery to you so we can boost relations, as well as our power together. Please let us know what you would be willing to trade for this key tech.

Top Bottom