Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

Turn 99 --> 400 BC

• GE Farm switches to Settler

Notes: I still don't know what is up with Ragnar. He's got his transport out of sight at the moment between our coastal cities. I guess just to keep an eye on us, or perhaps Carthage as well.

Turn 100 --. 375 BC

• One horse plot improved
  • Capital switches to another WB
  • We settle Poison City

Notes: Everyone declared war on Pacal. They just didn`t have a chance this game no matter how well they could have played. Broken tech trade rules killed this game.

Turn 100, is done, so that`s the last in my set. Is there anyone else alive here...

Our diplo guys are all gone, and I feel like just gifting our cities all away to Willem, just for denial purposes to everyone else.

Since no one else is around I`ll zm Willem`s team and tell them to hurry up taking our cities before Carthage tries. Pacal just zmed me and said gifting cities was forbidden. That does seem rediculous, considering unrestricted tech trades was allowed. Game is broken no matter how you look at it.

I agree. Or we can just step up to the admins and say that we are forfeiting the game. I don't know if anyone else agrees since there is no one left!

Willem asked me if we were willing to capitulate, LOL. I told them if they want, do whatever makes them feel better. I`m really not sure what capitulate means in a pitboss, but we`ll soon see I guess.

I'm here still, but have no means to play the game and quite frankly have very little interest in the game given the way things have played out. We can't win obviously and since the map is set in such a way that we can't realistically attack until Astro means we can't take anyone down with us which is also sort of crappy. By the time we get Astro, they'll be in space so.... yea.

Despite being just about totally dead here, we sure got Sommerswart hopping in the other thread again, lol.

Anyhow, IndianSmoke mentioned he had told Dave earlier to make sure there was early land-contact available, hence a situation like this was too likely to occur. Interesting, as Dave did not implement this, and that`s exactly what happened.

Looks like some good lessons to be learned by many this game, on more than one element. But I can`t complain too much myself since it was fun planning, despite not getting a chance.

I`m still going to avoid jumping ship on Civ4 to go to Civ5 just yet thought.

So what do we do? Why don't we declare on everyone. And defend as long as we can? That would be fun, no diplo needed!

P.S. Civ 5 sucks big time. I won't play till new yeqr at least!

all good things come to an end or something like that:lol:

im back now btw. but since this is superdead and all active players except obs and ahmed... dropped out (and our diplo aparently even died some weeks earlier) i second the proposal to surrender...

:)was fun playing with all of you. see you around

all good things come to an end or something like that:lol:

im back now btw. but since this is superdead and all active players except obs and ahmed... dropped out (and our diplo aparently even died some weeks earlier) i second the proposal to surrender...

:)was fun playing with all of you. see you around

Thanks Snaaty, what really saddens me is that we actually started this game really good. Oh well

We were to late in getting contact with the other teams due to our strategy. And I think we played our diplomatic game wrong in the early days.
Once the 4-way pact was made, there was nothing we could do...

How did we play the diplomatic game wrong? Four teams wouldn't talk to us/work with us as soon as we met them...

We made outrageous offers that they wouldn't/couldn't take seriously, I think. Trades that were to much to our advantage.

Then again, maybe once we met them everything was sealed already.

Sorry to hear this. I've been way too busy lately. Great job carrying the game for so long, obs. :thumbsup:

I agree with Nakor. Not only did we offer kind of a bad deal at first, we also took 4-5 days between early responses. I think Q met Amazon several days after we met them, and there's no way the two could have been in cahoots from the start. By the time we gave them anything resembling a good deal, the alliance was formed.

IIRC, there was a lot of talk about those two teams not being very competitive and waiting to meet a better ally.

Top Bottom