Ecology change- Natural Features improvements

Galgus

Emperor
Ecology:

Allows Workers to change any tile into an unimproved Jungle or Forest tile.

Unlocks Solar Plant.

This may be a bit silly, but I would like some way to restore or even artificially create these tiles for things that have some bonus with them.

Perhaps other features such as plains/ hill/ lake/ river/ artificial islands and atolls could be tied to other late-game technologies: but I would like to see players able to alter the landscape in the Modern Era.

Ecology:

Allows Workers to change any tile into an unimproved Jungle or Forest tile.

Unlocks Solar Plant.

This may be a bit silly, but I would like some way to restore or even artificially create these tiles for things that have some bonus with them.

Perhaps other features such as plains/ hill/ lake/ river/ artificial islands and atolls could be tied to other late-game technologies: but I would like to see players able to alter the landscape in the Modern Era.

I actually started my torrid love affair with Civ2 back in the 90's and being able to alter just about any terrain was a pretty key feature with the later 'era' engineer. This was even more true with 'Formers' in Alpha Centauri. So this concept isn't exactly new, but I also sorta hoped some form of it would be included in later era techs.

I'm not sure i'd buy into the unlocking of building improvement based on restoring tiles. In Civ3 you had to have specific resources in the City work zone, just like in Civ 5, to build certain wonders or buildings. It would be interesting if they added a few building back into the mix based on local terrain.

Here is a few buildings for thought,

- Oil Rig(Must have Oil in City work zone) - Adds 3 production to resource and 1 production other worked sea tiles. You could also remove food production from the Oil tile to make it a trade off and give heavy water city some parity with landlocked ones.

- Aerospace Complex (Must have Aluminum in City work zone) - Could be either a building or a national wonder. +20% production for Aircraft,+15xp for Aircraft, and +20% Defense against Air Attacks for the City.

- Naval Yard / Coastal Fortress (Must have Harbor and Seaport) - Could be a building or national Woner. +20% production to Naval Units, +15xp for Naval Units, +20% Defense against Naval Attack and Bombardment.

- Trojan Walls (Must have Stone in City work zone) - A general upgrade to standard walls. +10 defense and +75hp for the city. Lets hope the Greeks don't come a knocking.

I think having Engineers around would be pretty great, especially if they came with new abilities such as planting forests. (Perhaps even digging mountain tunnels?)

Top Bottom