Worst start everr

stuckatnoble

Chieftain
Pangea sandwiched between Shaka, Kublai Khan and Washington, with Julius Caesar around the corner.

Iron Working reveals no iron. Copper is close to Shaka but taken by his capital culture.

Capital with a 3-food cow and 4-food cow in the big cross and covered in trees except for 3 tiles.

Had horses and ivory so beelined for Elephants, but still got dogpiled by all 3 of them.

Wish I had saved the 0 BC to see if I could actually pull it off. Would probably have to turtle into a peninsula and assume capital was toast.

That sounds bad. Post the save. maybe some Masochist will enjoy it.

A math bulb, lots of trees, and horses can lead to a great horse archer rush. Civs can bribed to attack each other.

Do you have the 4000 BC save?

I had one game where I was stuck right in the middle of the "old world" on a Terra map as Bismark - UU and UB miles away. To the east I had the "Hindu block" of Monty, Catherine and Izzy. To the west I had the "Jewish block" of HC, Jao and Ragnar. Whichever religion I picked, I was going to get dogpiled by the other. In the end Monty made my mind up by DOWing first.

I fought 3 long wars of survival against Monty, with a plan of trying to get to the New World first and expand there, only to find Saladin had got there first and settled most of it. After the 3rd war with Monty I quit in frustration. Nothing stagnates your game like long, inconclusive wars :(

I had a game recently which seemed like a killer start. Fractal, I was on an great island with Charlemagne and Justinian. I pulled off an awesome Horse Archer stomping of both of them and claimed all the good land including both their capitals. Thinking oh yeah, this is going to be good. I start Teching away like a madman. Only to see Liberalism go, like super early. I wish I had remembered the date but it was seriously early. I was thinking oh real? This can't be good. No matter I have 3 capitals I can win still. Exploration reveals that Ghandi and Mansa are semi-iso on their own island. Predictably Mansa has peace vassalled to Ghandi and they are both run away tech leaders.

I played along for a while and I did have a solid food advantage and was catching up to them in tech but, after a while got sick of it and quit because I am a bit like that. Sury was the third power from the other landmass and I hate Sury's face.

Well... I once had a nice start with Louis XIV. But as resources get discovered, my French empire looks more like a strip instead of a blob; a north-south strip 1 city wide. Then Julius Caesar on the northeast DoW-ed. That taken care of, as I start recovering, Bismarck from the West and Hannibal from the East declared against me.

I quit immediately, and started a new game.

I had a game recently which seemed like a killer start. Fractal, I was on an great island with Charlemagne and Justinian. I pulled off an awesome Horse Archer stomping of both of them and claimed all the good land including both their capitals. Thinking oh yeah, this is going to be good. I start Teching away like a madman. Only to see Liberalism go, like super early. I wish I had remembered the date but it was seriously early. I was thinking oh real? This can't be good. No matter I have 3 capitals I can win still. Exploration reveals that Ghandi and Mansa are semi-iso on their own island. Predictably Mansa has peace vassalled to Ghandi and they are both run away tech leaders.

I played along for a while and I did have a solid food advantage and was catching up to them in tech but, after a while got sick of it and quit because I am a bit like that. Sury was the third power from the other landmass and I hate Sury's face.

Difficult situation, but not unwinnable. In my experience Sury is a city spammer, but a pushover. You should have acquired astronomy, built a massive invasion force to invade the Khmer empire. From there if no domination victory could be achieved, then another invasion to Inda and it's vassal.

Difficult situation, but not unwinnable. In my experience Sury is a city spammer, but a pushover. You should have acquired astronomy, built a massive invasion force to invade the Khmer empire. From there if no domination victory could be achieved, then another invasion to Inda and it's vassal.

Yeah, it was winnable. My plan was to pick of the weak ones one by one until I had to deal with Ghandi and his bum buddy. There were some seriously weak opponents, Ghandi and Mansa teched so hard nobody could trade with them. But my cannon invasion of Charlemagne was underestimated and got bogged down so I quit.

My heart was never really in it after seeing Ghandi and Mansa destroying me in tech. I thought I had rights to be tech leader. Instead I was stuck in the middle with nobody to trade with which borked my bulb and trade strategy big time

Top Bottom