What makes you ragequit?

6K Man

Bureaucrat
I seldom do this, but tonight:

I misclicked my :health::health::health: Chariot, moving it out of my stack that was next to Vijaynagara.

As a result, I was not able to take Vijaynagara the next turn (due to units not healing the previous turn).

Mao took Vijaynagara instead. Gandhi capitulates to China.

Random barbarian spear that Gandhi let wander his kingdom, kills my :health::health::health: Chariot.

Alt-F4.:mad:

What's your latest and greatest?

Spawning with Montezuma, Tokugawa, Ragnar as your neighbours, with Genghis Khan just around the corner by Monty. Sure, I know I can win the pan-millennium war eventually.... but that Mansa Musa who's happily dinging techs a full era ahead on the other side of the world is not the most reassuring prospect for my own victory....

Also, animals/barbarians eating my settlers because I was lazy and a-clicked them without checking the map every turn.

I know it's dumb, but I ragequit any game the AI beats me to the Great Wall.

scouting failed causing barb archers to come near the cities. 3 turns later, 2 of my cities got captured by barbs eventhough they were protected by protective archers. I mean, come on! what are the odds that this would happen??

Just finished a war with Julius Caesar on the Northeast corner of my empire.

Was licking my wounds.

Two turns later, Hannibal and Bismarck DoW-ed. The former from the east, the latter from the west.

"Back to Main Menu".

Same as ThorHammerz.

Also when I engineered a great engineer to rush The Great Library only to have someone build it 2 turns before I got Literature.

When the message pops up : "A distant civ is the first to Liberalism" and I'm not even close to it and also still not controlling my own continent.
The demographics screen + top 5 cities screen is a good indicator when a game/the competition is dead.

everything. lol.

Honestly, I hardly ever finish games. Even when i'm winning... I get to the point where i'm the score leader and then i just say "Ok, I'm going to win this game easy, but its going to take forever so i'll start a new game instead".

Two turns later, Hannibal and Bismarck DoW-ed. The former from the east, the latter from the west.

Funny, I was going Culture when Hannibal and Gilgamesh DoWed me. If they would have run their favorite civics and stopped asking me time and again to cut all ties to Mansa Musa (my only neighbor and thus my only manner of having any international trade routes) things would have been groovy. No rage quit though, cool-off period and retry without going Culture is in order.

When I'm spending so much time fighting off barbarians that I can't get a city out.

I seldom do this, but tonight:

I misclicked my :health::health::health: Chariot, moving it out of my stack that was next to Vijaynagara.

As a result, I was not able to take Vijaynagara the next turn (due to units not healing the previous turn).

Mao took Vijaynagara instead. Gandhi capitulates to China.

Random barbarian spear that Gandhi let wander his kingdom, kills my :health::health::health: Chariot.

Alt-F4.:mad:
A mis-click seems more of a "let's reload form the closest save/autosave before the misclick" rather than a ragequit.

Baited another civ to move his SOD up to one of my cites (an obvious trap)
Then went to stack attack, to destroy the stack, only to miss-click and emptied the city of all defenders.

I just rage quit a game, last night, GEM, 36 civs Gaint map, revolutuions, spent most of last night playing it ... loaded it up today, checked through the screens and found I had not changed it from noble, I so far ahead, what a wasted night... :mad:

just put sticky note on screen "change difficulty setting..."

Losing my 4th fog-busting forest-hill-fortified, woodsman1 warrior to a barb warrior and realizing I've wasted 60:hammers: on fog-busting units that only busted fog for ~5 turns.

I had a few rage quits lately.

1) My whole invasion army disappeared in a friendly city which culture flipped to an enemy.

2) I missed the TGD wonder dispite having an base output of 79 :hammers: versus AI base output of 52 :hammers:
and running State Property + 10-15 extra turns.
No GA or GE for the AI and still completing the wonder 4-5 turns earlier.
A day later after reloading to see what happened the rage was gone,
the AI made a smart decision to pick a city with +150% production bonus (coal plant + IW).

3) It's really annoying when the raging barbarians simply give up as soon as the AI has metal units.

Top Bottom