Erebus

"just a second Ken" Mryddyn puts his hands the the ships boards and sends his thoughts through the wood, searching for other life forces on board [DM tells me who i see and where] and at the same time he has an idea:

"someone come here, i need to borrow some energy to trap that guy [the last enemy on the boat, (Assuming he was nocked down by Thomas)] by making the floor boards wrap him to the ground, he wont be able to move an inch once im finished [it wont hurt, just make you a little tired. its easyer with 2 or 3 people sharing the drain]" [DM tells me if ive trapped him]

[if i find the people on the ship i will cause some wood to sprout near to them, and then i will send my senses into it so i can attempt to identify their emotion, i can then try to determine whos side theyre on]

The wood of the ship is not so freshly cut that Mryddyn can do much with it; just manage to warp it a little, leaving the deck uneven. This will knock down the last attacker; he is trained, though he didn't expect his allies to go down so quickly.

Sorry if I was vague, Mipe, but the man who ran past you was NOT one you had met before, either Corvanes or his servant the Svartalfar.
He is an old, weathered man, who now emerges back from the waves, standing on the water a stone's throw from the pier. "Your fighting will draw the guards, if they find my cargo it will mean my death!" he yells.

"Is he standing on the water? I've heard rumors that the cult in this city had such powers... and hes saying something about a cargo, could he be smuggling something on the ship?"

"wait a second... could those voices below the deck be slaves!?! And I kind of know one Cult of Overlords member and atleast he knows how to do lots of things in water..."
*Mipe walks to Mryddyn and gives some energy*

[got PM about the lives i sensed]

Mryddyn recoils and staggers back as a wave of nausea overtakes him.
"Something, or someone is reanimating corpses below the ship! also the slaves life energies on board are also fading! if we are to save anyone we must act fast, no clue how long it takes before the Drowned get to us, or how long the slaves have left. i think i also sensed a man below the docks, his emotions felt almost gleeful, and i think he was commanding the waves, we must hurry!" [Then, finally he notices the man standing on the wave] "its him! hes controlling the waves"

"Tsanal, do you think you can take care of those Drowned with your ring? Thomas, i am normaly adverse to your faith, but in this case i can make an acception, using life this way is sickening, do you think you can freeze the surface of the water to prevent this man from using the waves against us? Ken, now is the time to blast those doors from their hinges, this has moved from a matter of protecting cargo, to a matter of saving lives, who cares about the ship?"

[once again Mryddyn dives for his bow, nocks an arrow and fires it at the man on the waves]

What do you do with the fire? The water didn't put it out, it just went under the oil layer so the ship didn't catch fire.

Tsanal didn't succeed in teleporting anywhere. He made himself just dizzy.

Mryddyn misses the man

You hear some voices from the harbor. Clearly all this furious fighting has got the attention of some Bannor military patrol keeping the curfew.

[What fire? the one that killed the one man that i entangled? i thought that got put out!]

Mryddyn is now severely tired out, having used so much of his energies on the ship he sends his last plea to his god,

"Oh Cernunnos! Lend me thy aid! i beseech thee, and all life upon Erebus that this monstrosity must not continue! i call upon all the Avien species, all birds, great and small to come to my aid, to fly and swarm and peck my enemies and to protect this world! So mote it be!"

with that he claps his hand above his head and his message to all the birds nearby (hopefully a lot because this is the coast, lots of Seagulls, king fishers, hawks etc should be hanging around) he sends out emotions that signify fear and the will to protect and defend, like an eagle defending her nest. he identifys the man on the waves, the Drown and any other enemies i have forgotten about [who is still alive that we are fighting? ive lost track] as those that they should be worried about. He identifies Tsanal, Mipe, Thomas, Ken, Munak, Nindoro, himself and the Bannor Guards as friends.

He pick up his bow and prepares to defend himself, he moves behing the small fort of fruit boxes and ducks below. "what do we do now? should we tell these Bannor guards that these men that are attacking us are part of the cult they aresearching for? i think its our only hope"

[@ DM: Im confused now, can you recap who is our enemies are, and what they are fighting us for? also is the man who first hired us working for the OO cult (you probably cant tell me this, but im wondering anyway :p) who is this man on the waves? what is his relation to this fiasco? whats happened to the man that Mipe tried to knock out? whats happening with the Man that we're trying to keep alive (the one i tried to entangle with the floor boards)?]

[@everyone else: we really need to plan out plan of action better next time :p]

[The fire wasn't put out, water doesn't put out oil fires]
[the story is free, you can do anything you want and the consequences are just logical, but I have something is store for you if things lead to what I think they seem to be leading to]

I'm searching for all that stuff, you post so often

[Nikis and players: please post copies of game-related PMs to me so I have a slight hope of getting a clear picture of the situation]

One assassin is left, slightly stunned by mipe's knock and Tsanal's magic and slightly entangled by the floor.

The ship's deck is still burning.

There is a man standing on the waves and some Drowned are around the ship.

A bannor patrol is closing, there's some ten of them, one acolyte of the Order and their commander. They are likely to arrest any breakers of the curfew.

"I go alarm the guards, try to keep them here until guards come! Also, after the fight is over, I need to tell you something I overheard!" Mipe runs slowly (because he just got up from being unconscious) towards the city and hopes finding guards to help them.

(thanks for the recap :) the situation isnt as bad as i thought :p)

"Ken, do you think you can collect that fire again and contain it? If not, could Tsanal transfer the flames into a timewarp in a paralell dimension?" (by collect i mean reabsorb the power behind it, you can use fire magic, so that means you have total control over fire :p)

"Fire? Undead? Yes, of course..." Tsanal mumbles, and tries to get control of himself. "I wont be able to make the fire disappear, I'm not powerful enough to do that, and I'm afraid my ring wont help against the undead. My spells may, though..."
He then tries to control one of the drowned with his spells, commanding it to attack the others. Then, he screams: "There is someone BELOW the water! He's raising them! We need to kill him NOW! Don't try to talk to him, he is mad!"
Tsanal then draws his staff, and jumps into the water...

[What do I see down there?]

Top Bottom