A bit dissapointed!

I heard from a friend that in the article in swedish pc gamer it said that the leaders will speak in their own language... He didnt say much more about it and it sounds a bit strange to me. If anyone has the new swedish PC gamer please confirm this and give us more facts :) (I would have bought it myself but I am not currently in sweden right now)

Yes, I have bought that PC Gamer (I´m Swedish), and it is true. They even had to resurrect the dead Inca language for this game...

I don't think one leader per civ is a bad thing... if it's true that the leaders will speak in their own language, then this is not surprising- it would take a LOT of time making several leaders per civ. Now we will instead have (hopefully) very well done, but few leaders...

Yes, I have bought that PC Gamer (I´m Swedish), and it is true. They even had to resurrect the dead Inca language for this game...

Is there any other new info in the magazine?

And if we can belive the trailer and this new info (cant see why we cant) we have 12 of 18 civs confirmed

Washington (America)
Bismark (Germany)
Napolean (France)
Oba Nobunaga (Japan)
Harun al-Rashid (Arabia)
Wu Zetein (China)
Mongolia? (Genghis Kahn)
Caesar (Rome)
Gandhi (India
Inca
Vikings
Egypt

and i would guess an african civ also (dont count egypt as african, they are just egypt :)). I would be suprised if russia wasnt in the game.

Is there any other new info in the magazine?

And if we can belive the trailer and this new info (cant see why we cant) we have 12 of 18 civs confirmed

Washington (America)
Bismark (Germany)
Napolean (France)
Oba Nobunaga (Japan)
Harun al-Rashid (Arabia)
Wu Zetein (China)
Mongolia? (Genghis Kahn)
Caesar (Rome)
Gandhi (India
Inca
Vikings
Egypt

and i would guess an african civ also (dont count egypt as african, they are just egypt :)). I would be suprised if russia wasnt in the game.

New info? I don´t know exactly what info you all have. :p

But the article mostly talks about the new combat system, the hexagonal grid, the city states and the improved diplomacy. But that is old news, I suppose...

the article mostly talks about the new combat system, the hexagonal grid, the city states and the improved diplomacy. But that is old news, I suppose...

ehem, anyways, could we just know what is written, anyways?

Just use synonyms or different word order - in case you are afraid of legal rights...

New info? I don´t know exactly what info you all have. :p

But the article mostly talks about the new combat system, the hexagonal grid, the city states and the improved diplomacy. But that is old news, I suppose...

I meant the info from the author of the thread and the inca info you just gave us :)

So they found the city of Gold?

Great, they got rid of Mao only to iclude a token female:( . There's nothing that qualifies her over Tang Taizong or Han Wudi except boobs (which ar geenerally smaller on asian chicks anyway).
Also probably Julius Caesar instead of Augustus :rolleyes:
Ang goddamnded Gandhi:mad:
Civ4 made me hope for Asoka (or Chandragupta) Mrurya, the trailer made mehope for Nehru.
Well, not dealbrakers but still kind of disappointing.

ehem, anyways, could we just know what is written, anyways?

Just use synonyms or different word order - in case you are afraid of legal rights...

Ok, I can write a summary of the article tonight (I´m at work now) if you want! :pat:

Great, they got rid of Mao only to iclude a token female:( . There's nothing that qualifies her over Tang Taizong or Han Wudi except boobs (which ar geenerally smaller on asian chicks anyway).

Not token at all. She was probably one of China's greatest leaders and certainly one of the most ruthless and most manipulative. Granted, I'd like to see Tang Taizong though.

Not disappointed at all! Harun al-Rashid for the Arabs! Great! :goodjob:

And I honestly like Gandhi and am happy he is back. I'm delighted to see the Incas are back too. Await confirmation of Russia and Persia.

Wu Zetein is a better choice than Mao for China. So happy with that too. China should be represented by an emperor/empress rather than a revolutionary.

:mad: after seeing this thread, my disappointment even increased. well, now i am sure civ5 will be much simpler than civ4. the "simple game rules" approaches we heard about is most probably decided for an expectation on increased sales.

why did i call civ5 simple? well, it really seems like a step back from civ4 in means of parameters. It seems more like a board game (according to the limited info we have) for 11yo boyz. what simple new rules we have?

1 leader per civ
1 unit per tile and no SoD
unique bonus for each civ, not like a combo of 2 traits (it was mentioned somewhere but not officially condirmed yet, am i right?)

:sad: and what else? can it continue like the following or am i really pessimistic on this civ5 issue?

* each civ can assign only 1 type of GP; arabs only priest, russians only scientist, english only merchant, french only artist, etc.
* limitations for social policies like; america cannot pick SP, arabia cannot pick free religion, france cannot pick police state etc.

Yes you are overly pessimistic.

1 leader per civ

This is most likely to save time and expense on animations and voice acting. It has been said that leaders speak in their own language.

1 unit per tile and no SoD

...Which to me sounds like it will demand more of the player in terms of tactical thinking, not less.

unique bonus for each civ, not like a combo of 2 traits (it was mentioned somewhere but not officially condirmed yet, am i right?)

I fail to see how this makes anything simpler.

:sad: and what else? can it continue like the following or am i really pessimistic on this civ5 issue?

* each civ can assign only 1 type of GP; arabs only priest, russians only scientist, english only merchant, french only artist, etc.
* limitations for social policies like; america cannot pick SP, arabia cannot pick free religion, france cannot pick police state etc.

You've got no basis for making any of those guesses. Not even a sliver. So, cheer up!

Top Bottom