Broken game - everyone has Oba's info???

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
G&K, no mods. Prince. Standard map.

When I go into the trade screen I'll see a leader, Nappy, or Cathy, but the data is always for Oda Nobunaga.

Game is pooched, that's for sure.

Any way to fix this? I've played hundreds of hours, never seen this before.

I'm going to have to pitch this game and just when it was going so well.

G&K, no mods. Prince. Standard map.

When I go into the trade screen I'll see a leader, Nappy, or Cathy, but the data is always for Oda Nobunaga.

Game is pooched, that's for sure.

Any way to fix this? I've played hundreds of hours, never seen this before.

I'm going to have to pitch this game and just when it was going so well.

You say no mods - so I'm assuming you've installed mods in the past. Whenever you install mods, bits and pieces from each mod get stored in various CIV V folders, and unless you clean these out regularly, you'll get strange bugs like this even if you don't currently have any mods installed.

1) Delete the contents of your CIV V cache folder.
2) Delete the contents of your CIV V ModUserData folder.
3) If that doesn't fix the issue, verify the integrity of your CIV V cache through Steam.

EDIT: It's also possible for some mods to not install correctly, which could also be causing bugs. Routinely check your CIV V MODS folder, and delete any files that haven't fully extracted/installed. Once extracted/installed after playing a mod for the first time, you'll see you have a folder for that mod in your MODS folder, but if the mod hasn't installed/extracted correctly (a corrupt install), it'll still be in your MODS folder as a .civ5mod file - and these need to be deleted, manually.

These steps fix most bugs.

I did the verify integrity of the cache trick and it downloaded one file.

Works fine now.

I did the verify integrity of the cache trick and it downloaded one file.

Works fine now.

Good to hear - although it'll always download 1 file when you do that, regardless of any bugs. One of those things that can drive people crazy if they don't know and think their game i permanently bugged. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom