Brave New World's New Civilizations - REVISED!

Which civs would you most like to see in BNW?

• Total voters

Stonecutter9

Rex Michiganensis
In light of the recent reveals of Assyria and Brazil, along with the prior confirmation of Poland, and taking into account suggestion under the 'other' category, I've created an updated version of this thread:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491222.

Feel free to add suggestions for the 'other' category, but please don't criticize my poll choices - I KNOW there are more than 25 suggested civs but i tried to be as representative as possible.

I've selected Other for one of my votes and humbly submit Afghanistan as an Ideology/Silk Road civ.

Canada and maybe like eagle pursuit said Afghanistan but maybe an empire that was centered there I think the durrani were there no?

Since this is a "what would you like" poll I've been unashamedly unrealistic (and focused on my key areas of interest, aside from the two expected 'shoe-ins'):

Portugal - because they do deserve a place.

Zulu - because even though they don't, my objection to "non-civ" states has been tempered since I feel the Huns were done well. Besides which, any pretence to authenticity went out of the window with the egregious addition of the conglomerate Scottish/Irish/Welsh Celts with a Welsh-speaking (and strongly-accented) Boudicca, with a capital in Edinburgh, doing a Braveheart impression. Civ feels more complete with the Zulu, and I think the new leaderhead format would lend itself very well to Shaka.

Indonesia, the Khmer and Vietnam: SE Asia and its history is one of my main areas of historical interest, and the Khmer deserve a more authentic treatment than they received in Civ IV (with half their cities being the same place under different names). As with the Maya, I like civs whose cities I've visited (never been to Vietnam, but I've travelled to quite a few Khmer sites).

Other: Merina Kingdom (Madagascar) for various reasons stated on other threads.

What I'd like to see:

- Vietnam: We need another SE Asian civ. While Indonesia and arguably the Khmer are deserving, I think I'd be more interested in Vietnam - and not just because I'm Vietnamese, because I'd like to see the Trung Sisters in action
- Kilwa/Swahili: I think they're cool
- Morocco/Berbers: I also think they're cool and severely underrepresented, given the amazing culture and civilization they developed particularly in the middle ages
- Native American civ: Gotta have more. My preference would be a SW native group or the Mississippans.
- Portugal: They're cool.
- Italy: Italy is also cool.

I limited myself to 6 choices since we know there's only going to be six more civs - to be honest, though, I would like most on the list to be seen eventually, they're generally all deserving and unique in their own ways.

I'd like to see Venice too. By far the worthiest of Italian city-states.

What I'd like to see:

- Vietnam: We need another SE Asian civ. While Indonesia and arguably the Khmer are deserving, I think I'd be more interested in Vietnam - and not just because I'm Vietnamese, because I'd like to see the Trung Sisters in action

I still can't see a two-leader leaderhead, so unless one of the Trungs could claim to be 'the' Vietnamese leader I doubt they'd be chosen to head the civ.

- Morocco/Berbers: I also think they're cool and severely underrepresented, given the amazing culture and civilization they developed particularly in the middle ages

Yes, the Moors deserve a place.

- Native American civ: Gotta have more. My preference would be a SW native group or the Mississippans.

The Mississpians are a cultural designation for an extinct group of cultures, not a civ, and their one urban centre is already in the game as a CS (which I found an extremely welcome addition in G&K). As for extant native tribes, personally I don't see any reason or room for more tribal civs - the ones from North America aren't any more distinctive or 'deserving' than tribal peoples from other parts of the world, of which we already have many.

Indonesia and Native American (any). The former because it fills a geographical hole that really no other civ could fill size-wise in SE Asia. The latter because I'm American and I have a bias towards any Native American civ - was disappointed when Pueblo was out because I actually wanted them specifically

Other: Canada. Because, again, American so bias for my border buddies

Despite not voting other, I would like to see the Swahili culture added as an amalgam akin to the Celts or Polynesia. Other than that, I believe these civs are inevitable:

4. Portugal
5. Kongo
6. Zulu
7. Indonesia (Majapahit? Srivijaya?)
8. Amerindians (Cherokee? Comanche?)

Oh, and Nepal!

Big big respect for Nepal as a nation, culture, people, history, everything. They are so fascinating. Unrealistic though that they would make it

I put the six civs I expect to see, which also garnered the top six places of this poll.

Zulu/Kongo to fuel the scenario and also provide much needed African representation

Portugal, as they are likely to be an amazing civ! (biased Portuguese person here :p)

Indonesia because it's practically a guarantee at this point

Native American, as Pueblo seemed cool/the scenario could use one/more representation (Cherokee please)

and Vietnam, which is the most distinct from Siam in terms of the SE Asian civs.

I'd love for Argentina to join, but let's be realistic.

I voted for

Native American Civ (Inuit)
Kongo
Ashanti
Indonesia (Majapahit)
Portugal
Zulu

Other: Switzerland.

I voted for:

Native American civ
Afonso I's Portugal
Kongo
Shaka's Zulu
Morocco
&
King David's Israel

I'm very curious.
Why everyone seems to like the idea of a venetian civilization more than the idea of an italian civilization?
I mean, it would be like having a prussian civilization instead of a german one, or a catalan civilization instead of a spanish one.
Italy would be like Venice, but with more!

Mine is just curiosity, is it only because of the city states that should be changed?

I would love to see Venice as a civ in the game (I have kind of a venetian heritage myself :p), but it would seem to me only a part of a civilization, not an entire one.

PS: I'm sorry if what I wrote makes no sense in english, I'm struggling with conditional mood XP

Top Bottom