What civilizations do you WANT in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it would also be possible vote for civs we want removed or at least traded out from the game [cough] Zulu[cough]? :)

I wonder if it would also be possible vote for civs we want removed or at least traded out from the game [cough] Zulu[cough]? :)

I would vote against there removal. ZULU!!!

There are plenty of 'civilizations' in and around the same region that could be used but I wonder if we'd ever actually see one as long as Zulu holds that geographic realm every civ game

(Having said that, I don't mind Zulu. They fascinate me. I just don't appreciate that they are a mainstay)

If we could I'd ask for the removal of the Iroquois and any future Native American groups of the US and Canada. If the Zulu go, they certainly don't have a reason to be in. In the same way that the Zulu are in because they are a staple of the series, the Iroquois and other Native American groups of the US and Canada are only seem to be in because of their proximity to the creators, it certainly has nothing to do with their significance.

1) Kongo with Nkuwu Nzinga
- Would be the one and only Civ from the dark "heart of the Africa" and only second sub-saharan civ.

2) Pueblo with Pôpe
- Eventhough the Pueblo Council is against this, I would really want to see espionage focused mountain dwellers led by Pôpe in CiV. A truly fascinating Civ.

3) Mississippi/Muscogee/Shawnee = A Native American Civ related to the Hopewell/Mound Builder cultures.
- A bonus to Food/Culture/Faith with strong river bias. Can only imagine how cool this civ would be!

4) Sioux with Sitting Bull
- I know, already my third Native American Civ, but I just love them and all of them could be made truly unique/different from each other.

5) Khazaria with Bulan Sabriel or Joseph ben Aaron
- Khazars would be a real gem for CiV. Muchly unknown trading kingdom in Eurasia with at least dozen different religions where as Judaism and Tengriism were the dominating ones.

6) Vietnam with Lê Thánh Tông
- A Civ with almost five thousand years of history. My favorite Asian civ choice.

7) Timurid/Kushan/Mughal/Tibet = Central Asia.
- One of these really interesting central asian civs should (must) make it's way to CiV.

8) Sumeria with Sargon
- I have always seen Sumer a more important and interesting Mesopotamian Civ than Babylon, Assyria or Persia. sargon would be most fitting as the leader and Sumerian UA should focus on great musician/great works and ziggurat as a granary replacement. Enkidu warrior which has some kind of faith bonus would be the best UU.

9) Romania with Vlad Tepes
- The one and only European Civ I would love to see being added (as Finland is already covered with Sweden and HRE with Charlemagne is too much of an overlap with both Austria and Germany already in game). Eventhough Vlad's dark fame I see him as the best and most interesting leader choice. The Romanian music theme, art and leaderscreen surely would be very unique/cool.

If I could pikc any

The Sioux (a given)
No idea who else I would choose, I guess Papal States
Or Kongo

8) Sumeria with Sargon
- I have always seen Sumer a more important and interesting Mesopotamian Civ than Babylon, Assyria or Persia. sargon would be most fitting as the leader and Sumerian UA should focus on great musician/great works and ziggurat as a granary replacement. Enkidu warrior which has some kind of faith bonus would be the best UU.

...what?

Sumeria is interesting and one of the oldest Civilizations, but they pale in comparison to the likes of Babylon, Assyria and especially Persia, who are deservedly one of the first names on any Civilization game's list. Sumeria probably should have been in Civ V before now, but to say they are more deserving than those 3, particularly Persia, is unfounded and slightly ridiculous. In truth I'd probably put Phoenicia ahead of them as well, especially since the "Cradle of Civilization" argument for Sumeria works for Phoenicia too, who pretty much gave birth to the Mediterranean world and who's trade exploits brought about what would become Greece.

If I could pikc any

The Sioux (a given)
No idea who else I would choose, I guess Papal States
Or Kongo

The Papal States were not a Civilization.

I don't think he is the only one who views Sumeria in general as a more interesting civ than Assyria and Babylon. I sort of view it in a similar fashion as well and this was a popular sentiment during Civ 4 discussions too.

1) Kongo with Nkuwu Nzinga
- Would be the one and only Civ from the dark "heart of the Africa" and only second sub-saharan civ.

2) Pueblo with Pôpe
- Eventhough the Pueblo Council is against this, I would really want to see espionage focused mountain dwellers led by Pôpe in CiV. A truly fascinating Civ.

3) Mississippi/Muscogee/Shawnee = A Native American Civ related to the Hopewell/Mound Builder cultures.
- A bonus to Food/Culture/Faith with strong river bias. Can only imagine how cool this civ would be!

4) Sioux with Sitting Bull
- I know, already my third Native American Civ, but I just love them and all of them could be made truly unique/different from each other.

5) Khazaria with Bulan Sabriel or Joseph ben Aaron
- Khazars would be a real gem for CiV. Muchly unknown trading kingdom in Eurasia with at least dozen different religions where as Judaism and Tengriism were the dominating ones.

6) Vietnam with Lê Thánh Tông
- A Civ with almost five thousand years of history. My favorite Asian civ choice.

7) Timurid/Kushan/Mughal/Tibet = Central Asia.
- One of these really interesting central asian civs should (must) make it's way to CiV.

8) Sumeria with Sargon

- The one and only European Civ I would love to see being added (as Finland is already covered with Sweden and HRE with Charlemagne is too much of an overlap with both Austria and Germany already in game). Eventhough Vlad's dark fame I see him as the best and most interesting leader choice. The Romanian music theme, art and leaderscreen surely would be very unique/cool.

Great civ list.

If they went by this, I wouldn't complain except I'd switch Pueblo with Nepal.

Nepal could be that perfect mountain civ we all want, but instead of espionage you would get more faith related bonuses. Also, after Pueblo spoke out against being portrayed in a video game I just can't get myself to campaign for them anymore even though they are my favorite American Indian culture for as long as I can remember. Respect the cultural boundaries and everybody will be happy :smoke:

Also, I would choose Timurid or Khmer for the 7 slot

I don't think he is the only one who views Sumeria in general as a more interesting civ than Assyria and Babylon. I sort of view it in a similar fashion as well and this was a popular sentiment during Civ 4 discussions too.

I too would have preferred Sumeria to Assyria, but they certainly weren't more significant.

Sumeria could be argued as the earliest heavily urbanized civilization in the world too, with cities reaching into the tens of thousands in the 3rd millennia BCE

A Civ that exist for over 2 thousand years and proved to be the heartland for the later Akkadian, Babylonian, etc. empires with religion, city state tradition policy that lived for the next 5 millennia, etc. is one of the best arguments one could make for a civ

It could EASILY be argued that Sumeria is more significant than Assyria

Neither of course is a bad inclusion. Just silly to make a statement that Assyria was more significant than Sumer

Sumeria could be argued as the earliest heavily urbanized civilization in the world too, with cities reaching into the tens of thousands in the 3rd millennia BCE

A Civ that exist for over 2 thousand years and proved to be the heartland for the later Akkadian, Babylonian, etc. empires with religion, city state tradition policy that lived for the next 5 millennia, etc. is one of the best arguments one could make for a civ

It could EASILY be argued that Sumeria is more significant than Assyria

The problem is that whilst they were pretty much the birth of Western Civilization, they themselves were (like most ancient civilizations) a loose collection of city states, who paled in comparison to those who followed them. I would like to see them in, but there is logic to having the more successful Civilizations that followed in first.

Also, it would be extremely difficult to argue that Sumeria were more significant than Assyria, who through their conquest and actions pretty much brought about how the region developed and spread into what brought about Greece. The dominated the region and formed one of the first great empires.

Rather than going on a Chichimec-esique sidetrack, I will say it is interesting how Mesopotamia has been dealt with:

Assyria has gotten into civ once (this is its first time)

Sumeria twice

Hittites once

Babylon 3 times

Sumer at least has been more successful than in the hearts and minds, just kidding of course :p.

But it is interesting the diversity. Whereas in Mesoamerica, I think we are doomed to see my civ (Maya :p) and the Aztecs for civ eternity rather than diversity

Charlemagne was not Holy Roman Emperor. The Holy Roman Empire began under the reign of Otto I (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_I,_Holy_Roman_Emperor). Charlemagne was the ruler of the Frankish Empire, which geographically shared the territory of France and Germany, as did Rome to a degree, but was distinct from both of those cultures. His inclusion in Civ4 as Holy Roman Emperor was wrong to the highest degree.

That said, I'd like to see Vlad and the Romanians as well.

I would go with (highest to lowest desired):

1. Kongo (we need another sub-saharan african civ!)
2. Cherokee (I live where they were, so it's the native american civ I want to see!)
3. Any other Native American civ
4. Gran Columbia (Bolivar!!)
5. Venice (They are in and I'm excited, just not my top choice)
6. Israel/Hebrews (I don't want modern Israel, just David or Solomon as leader with faith UAs, UBs, UUs)
7. Timurid (a good mid game military power and trading power)
8. Sumeria/Hittites (I don't really think we need any more mid-eastern ancient civs, but I'd take them nonetheless)
9. Canada/Mexico/Australia/etc. (I don't get too excited over them)
10. Anymore European Civs (We have so many already)

edit: I know that Israel is in the Middle East and it would be based on ancient leaders. Then I go on to say that we don't need anymore on the Sumeria/Hittites, but I'm making an exception for them as I feel they can be unique from the other mid-east ancient civs.

'Nam under the Trung Sisters (or just Trung Trac, that'd be cool too) and the Timurids under Timur (or at least someone from the Silk Road area, like the Uighurs or Kushans).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom