UN Resulution: Peace With Barbarians??

Lemon Merchant

Not Quite Sonic
Retired Moderator
OK, so this is very strange...

In a test game last night (just before Zara's diplo victory :mad: ), I saw a UN resolution asking to make peace with the barbarians. I voted no, but it passed anyway, and we all made peace.

I have never seen this one before in all the years I've been playing. I was shocked. I thought it was the mod parts I was testing, but I can't find it in the mod's code (and believe me, I was up late looking!)

Has anyone ever seen that resolution before?

I remember negotiated peace between AI and minor on Earth 1000 AD. Nothing more than that.

No, I have never seen that. UN? Barbarians? So you don't mean the black-flagged barbarians but all-empires-at-war barbarians? It sounds more like an AP resolution. Odd, very odd.

Nope, it was the UN. Funny thing, I never checked to see if there was an actual organized barbarian civ, since I was so shocked. I wish I'd taken a screenie.

Probly something to do with your mod. Make a change seemingly unrelated and activate diplomacy with Sid Meier of the Barbarians.

Probly something to do with your mod. Make a change seemingly unrelated and activate diplomacy with Sid Meier of the Barbarians.

Maybe so. There are some issues with the mod. I never saw a barb diplo screen, though. I did go through all of the code. I guess I'll go through it again and try to find the problem. *sigh*

I have never seen anything like this before ! Sounds funny though :D Maybe some religion spread in the barb city and ... no UN is not AP .... hmm .... I have no idea ! Cool thing though - not having to worry about barb attacks hehe :D

They were probably talking about North Korea or something. :lol:

Did you have RB active Lemon? I remember a few years ago when I first started playing ROM AND I had a couple of wierd UN resolutions concerning barbs. Never been able to duplicate it though, even after numerous games with RB checked. If you find out, let us know.

This wasn't the infamous Bottle of Wine brain mod was it?
I will admit to having a glass of wine that evening...

They were probably talking about North Korea or something. :lol:
Nope. The UN would have suggested that the leader be medicated instead.

Did you have RB active Lemon? I remember a few years ago when I first started playing ROM AND I had a couple of wierd UN resolutions concerning barbs. Never been able to duplicate it though, even after numerous games with RB checked. If you find out, let us know.
RB wasn't active, though I was folding in the Advanced Diplomacy 2 Mod. I'm still looking through the code, but I fear that was the culprit, not BTS.

I will admit to having a glass of wine that evening...

Nope. The UN would have suggested that the leader be medicated instead.

RB wasn't active, though I was folding in the Advanced Diplomacy 2 Mod. I'm still looking through the code, but I fear that was the culprit, not BTS.

Interesting. ROM AND has advanced diplo option, and I usually have it active. Now I'm curious, time for some marathon testing sessions.

It turned out to be in the Advanced Diplomacy Mod:

Code:
<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_VOTE_UN_TRADE_MAP</Tag>
		<English>U.N. Resolution (Worldwide Exchange of Maps - Shared Geographic Knowledge)</English>
		<French>Résolution de l'ONU: [BOLD]Abolition de la peine de Mort[\BOLD] (+1 [ICON_HEALTHY])</French>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_VOTE_UN_BARBARIAN_PEACE</Tag>
		<English>U.N. Resolution (Peace with Barbarians - Permenant Peace with Barbarians)</English>
		<French>Résolution de l'ONU: [BOLD]Abolition de la peine de Mort[\BOLD] (+1 [ICON_HEALTHY])</French>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_VOTE_UN_NO_CITY_RAZING</Tag>
		<English>U.N. Resolution (Abolition of City Razing - No City Razing Upon Conquest)</English>
	</TEXT>

The only file I forgot to check was the game text files for the mod. That's why I didn't see it at first.

You can all laugh at me now. I feel rather sheepish.

Well, that seems kind of similar to the make peace with the infidels proposal in the un. Some diplomatic conditions actually call some civilizations who are not getting along with other civilizations infidels but being called barbarian was a first.

No, I have never seen that. UN? Barbarians? So you don't mean the black-flagged barbarians but all-empires-at-war barbarians? It sounds more like an AP resolution. Odd, very odd.

Yes... that is a VERY strange occurrence... was this mod RFC? If so, then there might be a way to achieve peace with Barbarians. :crazyeye:

Yes... that is a VERY strange occurrence... was this mod RFC? If so, then there might be a way to achieve peace with Barbarians. :crazyeye:

Hmn, Not to sure I want to go that route with Barbs. My version of peace with those natty dressed psycho's has always been the use of superior fire power and total annihilation :mischief:.

That is an odd one. Wonder why they put peace with the barbarians in the Advanced Diplomacy Mod? Could be interesting, but also problematic, if enacted early in the game. Could you re-declare war on the barbarians if it were passed?

That is an odd one. Wonder why they put peace with the barbarians in the Advanced Diplomacy Mod? Could be interesting, but also problematic, if enacted early in the game. Could you re-declare war on the barbarians if it were passed?

I don't know. I'm not sure the barbs were even a minor civ at the time. If they weren't there would be no way to declare. I'll have to look more at the code for this.

Top Bottom