Problems with Inca

Aaron_98

Chieftain
Hello everyone! This is my first post, sorry if its in the wrong section. I didn't know whether to put it in multiplayer or strategy. So anyway here we go.

I've been trying to play multiplayer with my friend using the Incans. He is always the Shoshone with their insane abilitie to pick things from ruins, he gets a massive population and can thus build wonders and everything he pretty much wants. :confused:

I would like a strategy to be able to grow nicely and to get good work production. We play on prince difficulty. And also, How do the AI spam so many cities without going into civil revolt:confused: Anyway if you could let me know how I can grow a really nice economy because I believe the Incans can get strong economy with their UA.

Possibly build orders, research orders, SP orders, anything.

Anyway hope I didnt drown you with text. Ciao!!

In Single Player, both Inca and Shoshone in the hands of the human are top tier civs.
Multiplayer though often turns into a conquer the other opponent, and Shoshone has a few more advantages early if you are both on the same landmass.

As to the AI, it plays on the "AI Default Handicap level", which features only 90% of the unhappiness a human on Prince has. (In addition, it has a flat +6 bonus)

Setting up an Inca economy is basically Terrafarms on all hills that don't have a resource. (Giving priority to hills tiles next to mountains) Standard civ otherwise.
It's actually stronger later on than the Shoshone, but again in multiplayer the game probably won't last that long.

In Single Player, both Inca and Shoshone in the hands of the human are top tier civs.
Multiplayer though often turns into a conquer the other opponent, and Shoshone has a few more advantages early if you are both on the same landmass.

As to the AI, it plays on the "AI Default Handicap level", which features only 90% of the unhappiness a human on Prince has. (In addition, it has a flat +6 bonus)

Setting up an Inca economy is basically Terrafarms on all hills that don't have a resource. (Giving priority to hills tiles next to mountains) Standard civ otherwise.
It's actually stronger later on than the Shoshone, but again in multiplayer the game probably won't last that long.

Do you have any strategy for the incan that is really good? I do awesome in singleplayer. I always start near ALOT of hils but for some reason, in multi I start in plain-type area.

We have agreed not to win by domination, but any other means nessessary. He has like 10 pop in his cap and I have 4. Is there anything I can do? I got stuck in a area with few hills. Is there any strat I can get to get myself going instead of being stagnent?

The ignore terrain cost in hill is an absolutely absurd military advantage and should be exploited at every opportunity. If you've agreed not to do domination, then that obviously sucks. But you can still exploit your unique ability in military vs the other AI civs to do some mid game conquest that will enhance your other victory conditions going forward. The terrace farm is a reasonably significant food buff that should allow you to eke out a growth advantage, making you stronger than the shoshone over time, but you'll be at a disadvantage for he first 100-150 turns, I'm guessing.

Build a scout and explore the map. Find ruins, meet city states.
Tradition & Focus on Growth in your cities
Found 3 Cities.
Build National College.
Remember to focus on working the best food tiles you have.
Build Terrace Farms next to mountains and/or rivers. Work them for lots of food and some extra production.
Connect your cities with roads, try to follow the hills when you can be if you can't then they are still 1/2 price.

Also build some slingers to hunt down barb camps, stay on hills so you can easily kite any barbarians that come after you. Clear camps when a city state asks for it so they'll become your friend and give you bonuses.

Confirm that starting bias is turned on in the multiplayer games.

If you dont have many hills, then try and found some cities in hills, preferably next to mountains so you can build an observatory.

Build a scout and explore the map. Find ruins, meet city states.
Tradition & Focus on Growth in your cities
Found 3 Cities.
Build National College.
Remember to focus on working the best food tiles you have.
Build Terrace Farms next to mountains and/or rivers. Work them for lots of food and some extra production.
Connect your cities with roads, try to follow the hills when you can be if you can't then they are still 1/2 price.

Also build some slingers to hunt down barb camps, stay on hills so you can easily kite any barbarians that come after you. Clear camps when a city state asks for it so they'll become your friend and give you bonuses.

Confirm that starting bias is turned on in the multiplayer games.

If you dont have many hills, then try and found some cities in hills, preferably next to mountains so you can build an observatory.

Hey man thanks!! Ill give this a shot! It seems every game I play as Inca I become untouchable before turn 120. Anyway thanks all!

Tech order : Pottery - Mining - AH - Luxs - Construction until 6/7 turn before your last cities will be up - Writing - Finish Construction - Philo. If you pop some luxs tech or masonry from ruins tech Iron working instead.

Top Bottom