Inquiry: Mounted units?

The horse archer and war chariot don't need horses because they're intended to be spammed and the devs didn't want you to be limited by your lack if horse resources in the early game

I've played Arabia a few months ago and their Camel Archers are BRUTAL, I bullied Shaka so hard he is still crying and screaming.

Seriously, they're so awesome I kept them around until the end of modern age. Even when tanks rolled in, I still used the camels to patrol the wilderness against barbarians, just because it felt like heresy to dispatch them.

Their level of badassary is over the charts, I'm talking real biblical here.

They are useful to finish cities, recapture worker when using worker baits, ZOC units and finishing off ranged ennemy units. You main power should come from your range units but it's useful to have a couple horses around.

Obviously ranged mounted UUs are OP though.

Mounted units are very useful. For me an ideal army would consist of nothing but ranged units and mounted units. Mounted swoop in and finish off wounded units, prevent melee from hitting your ranged units, pillage tiles, steal workers, capture cities and really do a number on your opponent's ranged units.

Also, once my army is on the way I will make a bunch of mounted units because they will join the battle quicker than anything else.

Composites, chariots & horses, Xbows & Knights, Artillery & Cavalry are really all you need to make for a successful assault. There is that weird time in there where muskets and canons are your best units but I tend to avoid war around then.

Also, the ability to spam chariots without horses is OP. Egypt and Attila are absurd.

Top Bottom