"We are Family"?

snigaru

Chieftain
I've tried getting this achievement ("Become the dominant Religion in every Capital city on a standard-size or larger map.") twice now, but neither time was I awarded the achievement. On the most recent game, I played France, Chieftain, Lakes, Large Map, Standard Speed. I first made my religion (Catholicism) dominant in all 10 capitals, but just to be sure I played it out to making Catholicism dominant in every city in the world. Catholics_Everywhere.jpg

I'd be willing to share the file with anyone who would like to verify.

Is there any sort of catch preventing me from getting this? Thanks.

IIRC, We Are Family was introduced in G&K. Perhaps something in BNW conflicts with the achievement? It is potentially tedious, but you might try disabling BNW and firing up a G&K-only game. And if you do that, since you already have accomplished what the achievement requires, you might do a 4-civ Quick game on a tiny map to speed things up a bit.

"We are Family" achievement has been broken ever since the G&K Fall patch in Single Player mode, so no, it wasn't broken by BNW, but neither did they fix it.

It still works in multiplayer, including hot seat. If you really want the achievement for real, that is what you have to do.

So fire up a duel hotseat game, play both civs and cross the achievement off your list that way.

God that's going to take forever. The achievement says "standard-size or larger", so I'd have to play 8 player hotseat. :p Are you sure achievements work in hotseat? I thought I read a while back that the only achievement a player could get from hotseat was the "win a multiplayer game" achievement.

I just played through a two-P duel hotseat as Pocatello (I have not unlocked the achievement for beating the game as him). I defeated the second player, winning a conquest victory, but was not awarded "The great spirit"

So fire up a duel hotseat game, play both civs and cross the achievement off your list that way.

Has this worked for anybody?

Hotseat two player.
Not that keen to do an 8 player hotseat just to get this.
I must have earned this achievement heaps of times in single player.
cheers
John

I bought BNW and have achieved We Are Family no problem. Probably on Warlord, though.

I bought BNW and have achieved We Are Family no problem. Probably on Warlord, though.

I just tried Multiplayer hot seat on Dual map two layers and failed to get the achievement.
I've tried numerous times on single player different maps different number of players.

How many players & what was the map size you got the achievement with and was it single or hotseat? I assume you got it fairly recently (like the in last 10 months).
thanks for your time.
John

Yes, in fact it was in the last 10 days! :)

Deity/Standard/standard. Single player.

Sorry to hear you're getting this bug. Firaxis and 2K are truly awful.

Yes, in fact it was in the last 10 days! :)

Deity/Standard/standard. Single player.

Sorry to hear you're getting this bug. Firaxis and 2K are truly awful.

Thanks for replying.
If they have fixed the bug maybe it was they way I played.
In my last single player game a couple of weeks ago. (8 players Standard large Islands map, Quick speed)
I eliminated one player early on (but did convert his capital before I took him out though, so maybe it was that. At the end of the game I held all but one of the original capitals. All cities in the game were following my religion.
Maybe it was the early take out that prevented me from gaining the achievement (Assuming it's been fixed for everyone).
John

Give it a try on SP. If it still doesn't work, send a letter to Firaxis and 2K, so it can sit in their inbox alongside my lawsuit.

Top Bottom