When a City State Ally of yours conquers a Mercantile City State enemy...

vra379971

Deity
...do you get the happiness resource that city state has? Or do you just have a larger city state friend?

Well not forever...

If it's like liberating is, it's for the remainder of that game.
Liberating a conquered Merch city state does NOT restore the unique luxury.

City-states can't be razed. When a CS conquers an ordinary AI city, it does usually raze it.

City-states can't be razed. When a CS conquers an ordinary AI city, it does usually raze it.

I am pretty sure I have seen city states being razed. Can of course be a Venice-bought CS that was getting razed that I saw.

A Venice-bought CS (and an Austrian diplo-married CS) permanently loses its city-state status for all game purposes -- they are transformed into ordinary cities that can be razed and cannot be liberated back to CS status.

I also think CSs raze any city. It's been too long since last time I saw a CS conquering another city. It was vanilla Civ5. Don't know if this has changed in g+k and bnw.

Where's that link to that screenshot with Jerusalem (actually not allied to anybody at the time) conquering the AI Assyrian empire when we need it? ;)

I also think CSs raze any city. It's been too long since last time I saw a CS conquering another city. It was vanilla Civ5. Don't know if this has changed in g+k and bnw.

Have no choice but to keep capitals and other city states.

I have had a 3 city state empire, which was my allie. Fell back to 2 city states when poland attacked...

scrren shot of kathmandu puppetted Tlatelolco, and kept the city..

Spoiler :

so city states do keep cities from a civ that beats up on that city state...

I can't find my screen of shot my 3 city state empire.

I dont know why city-states dont raze certain cities. But more than once there has been world wonder in that city they puppeted.

I have had a 3 city state empire, which was my allie. Fell back to 2 city states when poland attacked...

scrren shot of kathmandu puppetted Tlatelolco, and kept the city..

Spoiler :

so city states do keep cities from a civ that beats up on that city state...

I can't find my screen of shot my 3 city state empire.

That's cool! This could happen more frequently.

I did not realize that! I will have to keep an eye out the effect as it's not what I would have expected. Do they get their Mercantile icon back?

They got the icon itself back and were still called a Mercantile state. You could even get the +3 bonus for friendship. But they never got that unique luxury back.

Top Bottom