Scenario broken, goes to tech advisor on load

Do you have Python exception popups enabled? It would help to have an error message.

1) you have BUG installed - the PLE (Plot List E?) error comes from BUG. I don't know about BUG (and don't want to know)

2) when you have error messages like these, go to the line in the file indicated at the bottom of the popup:

- CvTechChooser line 328 (in BtS - check out the BUG version): it's about "# Health Rate bonus from this tech...". Does it ring a bell to you?

- CvWBDesc line 1716: it's about "pPlayer.addCityName..." - a City has a non-ascii character in its name (é, ü, ç etc) which creates a "defeat" situation. Solution: write it with ascii characters only or use a text tag (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_...)

That is what I can decypher so far. One error could trigger another one. Hope it helps.

That's it? No more problems with technology? I thought that the PLE error was just a consequence of another error.

Anyway, glad that it helped. :)

Note that the (default) Worldbuilder never saves the TXT_KEYs of cities, but the current city name which depends on the selected language.
Thus, you can fall in this trap again if you re-save your szenario.

Note that the (default) Worldbuilder never saves the TXT_KEYs of cities, but the current city name which depends on the selected language.
Thus, you can fall in this trap again if you re-save your szenario.

It ("the (default) Worldbuilder") doesn't do that ("never saves the TXT_KEYs of cities, but the current city name which depends on the selected language") for me.

So the question is: why does it do that for you?...

Yes, you're (almost) right. I was too pessimistic about the Worldbuilder mechanics.
CvWBDesc.CityDesc.writes city.getNameKey() into a WB-Save. Normally, this should be the desired key, but if some some fancy Python code re-writes the city name with an operation like
city.setName( city.getName()) the described problem pops up. (You can see in the Dll-File CvCity.cpp that this would replace the key by its value. )

Regards Ramk

Top Bottom