Improvements, features etc.

Chamaedrys said:
A radar station is a nice idea.
But what could it do (without sdk changes) :confused:

Well, in a futuristic mod without any cultural progress whatsoever it can represent an increased line of sight. ;)
Another option is that it could give free "first strike" promotion to any unit in its plot... and that is possible with python I think.

Yep, you could get the LoS effect and the first strike promo with python. Not a bad idea at all, another previous Civ feature that would be nice to have in Civ4. :)

Reality is that someone wanted redar a I make it. Idea with promo. is good. I use in my mod st. of that kind.

9/26 - in first post i add Fish Farm. Maybe looks like dolphinarium... It depends what skin you use...

I like, I like, both the dolphin farm and the radar dish, very nice. One question though, what is the red ball above the fishfarm? :)

GeoModder said:
The playball of the dolphins, of course! Doh!! ;)

O Yes. Or just decoration for colour fulness this creation. And in fish farm version it is heater...
nevertheless, I can delete this... :)

Station_X I add in first post

Mmm, perhaps the start of ocean outposts, doing the same thing as hamlets-->towns on land?
Looks nice nevertheless. :goodjob:

GeoModder said:
Mmm, perhaps the start of ocean outposts, doing the same thing as hamlets-->towns on land?
Looks nice nevertheless. :goodjob:

Very very good idea. I am not programmer, but if here someone, who know how make it in python, I make 3d objects for it.

@Strategyonly
Old seafactory.nif file replace by the new one. In the old pack is texture file nadrz.dds. It contains what I added. Tank already was in the original file, but did not display. ;)

hrochland said:
@Strategyonly
Old seafactory.nif file replace by the new one. In the old pack is texture file nadrz.dds. It contains what I added. Tank already was in the original file, but did not display. ;)

Not quite what i asked but, i am asking what goes where, ie: lokator.dds/station_x.dds/nif??? goes where? (in what file) do i make a new units for it, does it replace what? thats what i mean.
Need to find out what i need to replace on each of these great looking units you have and exactly where they go, thats all???:blush:

I think rarpacks with individual graphic are compact. Nif and dds files for one object in one pack... I very bad understand in English. Maybe I misunderstand :help:
maybe you ask me what improvement replaces this creation?
In my HrochMod, for example, they are totally new improvements. :)
Some of they I made for Dubmetender, some of they for others... and for myself too :)

hrochland said:
I think rarpacks with individual graphic are compact. Nif and dds files for one object in one pack... I very bad understand in English. Maybe I misunderstand :help:
maybe you ask me what improvement replaces this creation?
In my HrochMod, for example, they are totally new improvements. :)
Some of they I made for Dubmetender, some of they for others... and for myself too :)

NO, i am asking : lokator.dds and lokator.nif, replace/goes where?
station_x.dds and station_x.nif, replace/goes where?

same as seafactory, seafactory2 and farm, all the files go WHERE? or replace WHAT?

I am sorry, Strategyonly. I am really bad in English. I am afraid that all the time I don´t understand. :blush:
For Example: lokator.
Lokator unreplaces nothing. Lokator is possible to use as building in the town or military improvement. (for example as watch tower from Fall from Heaven mod)
Lokator.rar pack includes lokator.nif (3D object) and lokator.dds (texture). It is all.

Seafactory is the same, only seafactory2.nif from later post replaces seafactory.nif from original pack and nif file takes texture from two files. (SeaFactory.dds and nadrz.dds) :)

Top Bottom