Units for MansWork

Wonderful Tortoise and Matador/Deacon - I especially like the recoil on the latter. :goodjob:

For those Not-In-The-Know:

(1) "The Tank, Heavy Assault, Tortoise (A39) was a British heavy assault tank design developed in World War II but never put into mass production. It was developed for the task of clearing heavily fortified areas and as a result favoured armour protection over mobility. Although heavy, at 78 tons, and not readily transported, it was reliable and a good gun platform."

(2) The AEC Matador was a British 4x4 lorry, " Medium artillery tractor": 7.75 tons; 20 ft 10 in long x 7 ft 10 in wide by 9 ft 7 in high. "In 1942/43 for the North African campaign some Matadors mounted the 6 pounder anti-tank gun to give the AEC Mk1 Gun Carrier 'Deacon'."

-:scan:z

1. I thought how it (and TOG too) should move in game, on one or two tiles as regular blitz tank :hmm: first will make him worthless, second a little incorrect with description..
No I won't create special transport for them :nope:

2. I've read about using Deacon right after I made him. Otherwise I'd apply more desert colors.

I've read about using Deacon right after I made him. Otherwise I'd apply more desert colors.

I think neutral colors work very well for a unit like this, as it can then be used as an "improvised" SPG for many different situations.

As for attributes, I'd probably give the tortoise MF=1 w/heavy DF (and OF as well of course) and stealth attack against armor units. For the Deacon, I'd go with mid-range OF, low DF, no Stealth Attacks, MF=2, no Blitz. Just my humble opinion of course. :)

Best Again,

Oz

Think these vehicles along with Tom's new ships can greatly enrich any 'WWII In The Pacific' scenario.

Now I can add units without moderation queue, so they displayed at the list of latest files without delays.

Yes I thought about it and saw Chi-He in line of medium tanks in my mod first. Now I revised priorities because have no ideas there to find the model :dunno: If I obtain it someday, 'll make unit.

FYI you should check out Rhodie's excellent Japanese WWII AFVs (scroll down.) Includes Type 97 Ke-Te (2 man), Type 97 Chi-Ha (4 man), Types 95, 94, 89b, Type 2 Ka-Me amphib. (I assume anyone interested already knows about Wyrm's great work in this area.)

Best,

Oz

Think I could make Chi-He from that model :yup: But there will be a very few differences between it and Wyrm's Chi-Ha, as there are not much between the real tanks.

No there really is not much difference since the type 1 is an upgrade to the type 97 but as long at civ level we could see the difference between the guns that would be fine. I just really need something between the Wyrm's type 97 and the type 3 you are making.

If you are interested in making A Chi-He I have some drawings and some real photos below to aid you. Also below is a few pics of type 97 to show that I think we will be able to tell the difference at civ level.

Spoiler :

Type 1 Chi-He

Type 97

All the pictures come from the following: Japanese Medium Tanks - A Japanese publication so not really sure of the proper title but that is all that is English on the cover. The other pics come from New Vanguard Japanese Tanks 1939-1945

Top Bottom