Changes to Article K

Strider

In Retrospect
Article K said:
All irreversible game actions must progress during a public turnchat, while reversible game actions(ie build queues) that adhere to legal instruction can be prepared offline.

Proposed Changes:

Article K. All irreversible game actions must progress during a public turnchat, while reversible game actions(ie build queues) that adhere to legal instruction can be prepared offline.
1. A turnchat instruction thread must be created at least 3 days before the chat.
a. All instructions created by leaders must be posted inside of the currentturnchat instruction thread. Instructions must be clear and defined.
b. A leader must post a rough draft of their instructions anytime before the Turnchat. However, a leader may make changes to their instructions up to an hour before the chat, so long as those changes are noted.
2. The designated player shall be charged with the creation of a date and time for all public turnchats.

I agree to this change

I would like two additions (I'll let you worry about the wording):

1. A leader shall include in their post a statement indicating when reversible actions are ready for the DP to act upon.
2. The DP must post the a save once all reversible actions have been done.

Basically, the govs should say when they are ready and the DP should post a save when they are done. This will give any citizen a chance to double check or to object if they feel something isn't legal.

Nice idea.

Suggested changes:
1. A turnchat instruction thread must be created at least 3 days before the chat.
a. All instructions created by leaders must be posted inside of the currentturnchat instruction thread. Instructions must be clear and defined.
b. A leader must post a rough draft of their instructions anytime before the Turnchat. However, a leader may make changes to their instructions up to an hour before the chat, so long as those changes are noted.

-- Ravensfire

edit - last phrase added to b.

Any more comments or suggestions, or does this amendment receive so much support that no one wants to post? (Just bumping the thread up)

MOTH said:
Strider,
I'd like to see your reaction and comments regarding Ravensfire's and my posts.

I was waiting for any other reactions, but sadly there seem to be little. However, based on both of your suggestions I propose the following:

Proposed Changes:

Article K. All irreversible game actions must progress during a public turnchat, while reversible game actions(ie build queues) that adhere to legal instruction can be prepared offline.
c. The Rough Draft must include a layout of the instructions created by a leader. This must also include a leaders goals for that turnchat.
2. The designated player shall be charged with the creation of a date and time for all public turnchats.
3. A leader shall include in their post a statement indicating when reversible actions are ready for the DP to act upon.
a. The DP must post the a save once all reversible actions have been done.

Edit: Added This must also include a leaders goal for that turnchat to K.1.c

Okay, there seems to be little discussion going on. So I'm looking for someone to second and third this proposal.

Actually, scratch that. This is a Constitutional Amendment, not an amendment to the Code of Laws, so this does not need to get a second or third. However, this is the "proposed poll" (what the heck is a proposed poll? I'm going to have to amend that :lol: )

Strider, please see some of the previous amendment threads for a proposed poll format. Basically, the post should be able to be cut and pasted into an official poll.

EDIT: link to sample

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Strider, please see some of the previous amendment threads for a proposed poll format. Basically, the post should be able to be cut and pasted into an official poll.

EDIT: link to sample

-- Ravensfire

I was thinking along those lines, even though it would cause alot less confusion to call it a "Final Draft" or "Const. Ready" :). That is basically what I do when proposing an amendment, except for the codes.

Edit: Would you mind telling me exactly which codes are used? I normally don't use the codes when posting (except for bold/italics). It looks like a list, but I can't get my list to look like that.

Proposed Poll:

Article K.
All irreversible game actions must progress during a public turnchat, while reversible game actions(ie build queues) that adhere to legal instruction can be prepared offline.
    • All instructions created by leaders must be posted inside of the currentturnchat instruction thread. Instructions must be clear and defined.
    • A leader must post their instructions at least one hour before the Turnchat. However, a leader may make changes to their instructions up to an hour before the chat, so long as those changes are noted.

Edit: Didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted it to, but oh well.

I'll second this. It adds clarity and will require that TCITs be setup well before the scheduled chat.

Hmmm, I would suggest a slight change to this.

1.b "A leader must post their instructions at least one hour before the Turnchat. However, a leader may make changes to their instructions up to an hour before the chat, so long as those changes are noted."

Removed the rough draft, included a time requirement on the initial post.

Reasons: They aren't posting rough drafts, they are posting instructions. Added time limit to close loophole in the law. Prior, only edits had a time limit, not the initial post.

-- Ravensfire

Added the change ravensfire, this'll bump the time back when I can show it to the Judiciary, but a few hours shouldn't make a huge differance.

Also, MOTH this is a Constitutional Amendment. Only Amendments to the Code of Laws have to be seconded, amendments to the constitution do not.

Strider,
I understand 2nds and 3rds are not required. I still choose to voice my support in that manner.

Top Bottom