Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

FeiLing you may also want to add on your OP that you cannot get achievements (or progress towards them) while playing in offline mode and that the achievements log only updates when the game is saved/completed. So if you play a couple turns and make a bunch of progress and don't save the game (I don't know if autosaves count) you will not be able to track your progress in the log.

In the save I uploaded you should be able to buy about 200 tiles per load. I didn't count exactly, that's just a rough estimate based on how many times it took me to go from having 450 tiles purchased to completing the achievement.

FeiLing you may also want to add on your OP that you cannot get achievements (or progress towards them) while playing in offline mode and that the achievements log only updates when the game is saved/completed. So if you play a couple turns and make a bunch of progress and don't save the game (I don't know if autosaves count) you will not be able to track your progress in the log.

In the save I uploaded you should be able to buy about 200 tiles per load. I didn't count exactly, that's just a rough estimate based on how many times it took me to go from having 450 tiles purchased to completing the achievement.

About the log

That's not how it works.

The log is updated everytime the exectuable is restarted. Right now, I completed the game as Augustus, got several of the Generals, builded about 30 temples, and I will not see it in the logs until after I start Civ 5 again.

I can confirm that the Pillage 9 Farms works without the DLC it came with.

Also, in the sinking ships save file, you could make a note to sell all of the Science buildings in every city. I was able to go to 2005 AD (T245) before destroyers appeared. Thanks a bunch for the save files!

:) not really, sorry. Did finish the Samoa one I had already started right before Spain/Inca and Mongols were done and I'm like 15 turns from finishing the last one (Hiva). Couldn't resist, as with those done I'm done with the whole thing.... at least until the expansion comes out ;)

@WeaselSlapper, note added, thx (oh, and TKOBO is right about how it actually works :p ).
@clint0601, good idea! & thx for confirming that one too!

FeiLing, I checked the numbers and in the save I posted you can buy about 200 tiles. One thing that will maximize the number of tiles you can buy is to never buy a tile that cost anymore than 5 Gold more than the previous tile purchased. In some cities there are some tiles that are crazy expensive (haven't quite figured out why) and if you buy those you will waste gold that could be spent on cheaper tiles.

Nice collection :goodjob:

I haven't had a problem with Civ5 ...
... but I've had achievements deleted on other games and find such "cheats" useful.
Espcecially after losing achievements for the umpteenth time ...
... I'm looking at you, BioWare :thumbsdown:

My Little Pony - Catherine the Great Achievement

This will only get you the "My Little Pony" achievement for Catherine of Russia.

Goal: to get to the Horse Riding tech before anyone else in the game. Just hit End turn.

Conquest of the World - Alexander

Goal: To wipe out all opponents on the map before 350 BC.
To Achieve: Use the last standing swordsman south of Egypts capital to attack.

This should provide the following achievements:

Win on a Duel Map
Win on a Pangaea Map Type
Win on Settler Difficulty
Win as Alexander
Win as Alexander before 350 BC in a domination victory
Win a Domination victory

My Little Pony - Catherine the Great Achievement

This will only get you the "My Little Pony" achievement for Catherine of Russia.

Goal: to get to the Horse Riding tech before anyone else in the game. Just hit End turn.

Conquest of the World - Alexander

Goal: To wipe out all opponents on the map before 350 BC.
To Achieve: Use the last standing swordsman south of Egypts capital to attack. NB, This should also provide you the "Win by Domination" and "Win as Alexander" achievements if you were lacking them.

Which difficulty? Will also count that too :)

If it's the last city of Egypt it will also provide "Crush an enemy completely" achievemnt.

Potentially map type as well. I got seven achievements when I did that a while back:

Win as Alexander
As Alexander, wipe out every nation etc.
Destroy an existing civilization
Win on [difficulty]
Win on [Map Type]
Win on [Map Size]
Win a domination victory

Potentially also Win on all standard map sizes and types, and win all victory conditions

Potentially map type as well. I got seven achievements when I did that a while back:

Win as Alexander
As Alexander, wipe out every nation etc.
Destroy an existing civilization
Win on [difficulty]
Win on [Map Type]
Win on [Map Size]
Win a domination victory

Potentially also Win on all standard map sizes and types, and win all victory conditions

Updated my post with all of the victory types off the top of my head. Pretty sure it's all of them.

:D

Added them to the list, thanks for contribution.

Spoiler :
(won't list redundant achievements as well as map sizes and difficulties though (I know I did for a few in the beginning)) but they are kinda trivial anyway).

edit) aww... just assumed they were free of DLC requirements as nothing was mentioned. Unfortunately I was wrong :p

Sorry yeah, I have all the DLC and have no idea how to turn it off for single player - sorry!

I love this thread.:) Thanks a lot FeiLing and everyone else who has helped to add to the amazing collection of achievement saves. I only had a handful of achievements because I always (Except when I first started playing Civ 5) have mods on. I use Unofficial Patch/VEM and many non gameplay changing mods. I would definitely not want to play without them.

Haven't bought G&Ks yet. Waiting to see what the summer sale says about it's price maybe. Also playing a lot of Diablo3 :D

But in general I plan to continue this, so everyone might very well share their saves too.

Question: Are all the old saves useless now? Heard the expansion might have completely broken all old saves?

Top Bottom