Official Rage Thread

Fish Man

Emperor
Have you ever wanted to vent some steam (pun intended) after a game of CiV gone wrong, but just couldn't find the place to do it? Post here; these can be true stories or hypothetical. Well, I'm aiming for a thousand rages, so...

1. Find a ruin, which is a map that reveals another ruin. Pop the other ruin and get a map of the ocean...

2. Find a sweet spot with flood plains, river, wheat, and then find a CS 2 tiles away in an awkwardly settled position in which conquering would yield a city made of half-jungle

3. Find Skill Dorado first, and wish you were Spain.

4. On Deity, AI forward-settles you on turn 2, stealing a lux and half your tiles.

5. Pop all your GS, only to discover you're 1 GS short of winning a sub-t300 victory.

6. Chose order, and then culturemonger chooses freedom. Reload, choose freedom, and culturemonger chooses order. Reload, choose autocracy, and culturemonger chooses freedom, denounces, and DOWs, leaving you with 20 :c5angry:.

7. Your only melee unit dies trying to take a city even though combat odds said he'd win.

8. Opponents steal so many ruins that, in the course of one game, you're only able to collect one of them. Which gives you 50 gold.

9. Coup 90% chance success? Nope, still fail!

10. Start next to Shaka. As in, right next to him. Like, his cap is 5 tiles away. On deity.

11. Still can't figure out how to get sub-t250 SV, even with Babylon triple river grassland.

ALL THESE ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME!:mad:

I got one for you, this happens very rarely but really sucks when it does.

12. Your very first spy gets killed by a counter spy! WTF omg what a waste :(

Or speaking of spies. You get sick of your technology getting stolen so you put a rank3 counterspy in a city and your techs still get stolen, not once not twice but three times in the very city you put your counter spy!

Or this one. Your first spy attempt you get caught(not dead) and the civ asks you not to spy anymore and the next attempt is 33 turns later. Come on, man :( Oh well when that happens the spy goes straight to a CS.

13) Play Venice with friends. Turned off city-states?
14) Try to farm Ghandi(don't want him with nukes). Comp bows on England with logistics upgrade to range... Turns out elephants have range.
15) Write a post and accidentally delete it.

16) When someone you like repeatedly makes a proposal to the world congress to Embargo resources you have, then can't understand why you're miffed at them.

When you attempt to repeal an embargo on yourself and a "friendly" nation is mad...? What..?

17) Move your settler one tile across a river. Barbs steal it. :aargh:

18) Go to the new world on a terra map as Polynesia as soon as the game starts, only to have your settler killed by a barb trireme once you get there.

Yes, that happened to me. :mad:

16) When someone you like repeatedly makes a proposal to the world congress to Embargo resources you have, then can't understand why you're miffed at them.

My brother recently had a game as Spain where another civ made a proposal to embargo Spain... and then was miffed that he voted against the proposal.

"Why did you vote against my proposal to embargo you?? You're so mean..."

You have your ideology passed as world ideology and someone proposes to repeal it. During the time it takes to get to the vote that civ revolts to your ideology and votes against their proposal. They are miffed at you for voting against it too.

20.)You're first to pick an ideology and immediately propose it. In the process of waiting for the vote you buy every vote you can and other civs start picking their ideologies. When the vote is passed you are denounced by half the world because they didn't like your proposal even though they used some of their votes to pass it.

22) Your turn starts, and you are notified that you have finished researching pottery. On the same turn, your scout then pops a goody hut and you get the free tech of pottery!

I've since learned that if my scout is anywhere near a goody hut to not go into it until the next turn.

23) You discover a barb camp 10+ tiles away. AI scouts and AI warriors are all around it. So you retreat your scout and bring him home. Well, lo and behold, the AI scouts and warriors stand around, and the barb heads straight towards my city. He ignores the AI and they ignore him. And the barb beelines it to my city.

Stop asking me if I want to trade embassies. I told you no once and why do you keep asking.

This becomes so time consuming like the game itself isn't. This pop up screen adds another hour during the day it seems.

Stop asking me if I want to trade embassies. I told you no once and why do you keep asking.

This becomes so time consuming like the game itself isn't. This pop up screen adds another hour during the day it seems.

Above was #24, so I'll add

25) I would like to negotiate passage through your territory.
I would like to negotiate passage through your territory.

Bugger off!

26) the difficulty level was on Deity or Immortal. You could get rqs off of these difficult levels.

9. Coup 90% chance success? Nope, still fail!

:mad:

I don't think I've ever had a coup chance above 85% and failing that still annoys me.

My biggest rage is reserved for using a GE to complete a wonder and the AI gets it immediately.

Not original but
28) On a land far, far away, a CIV decide to build every wonder 1t before you do.

Last GOTM taught me this one:
29) The dark barbarian rises: a lone horseman in the middle of your 5 food caravans? In 3 turns there is 5 of them!

Top Bottom