How to import bix-bix with PTW(short torturial)

Yoda Power

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫
Recently Grandeam asked if it was possible to import bix to bix, my answer was: Yes it is. I actually thought this was common known, but maybe it isn´t? Anyway here is how you do.

Recently I had made a map for Drifts mod. When he updated the mod, I had to update the map too. This was what I did: Made a copy of the Civ3Edit.exe for backup. Then made a copy of Drifts updated mod and called it Civ3Edit.exe, then replaced the original Civ3Edit.exe with my new Civ3Edit.exe. Remember there is a protection on the original Civ3Edit.exe, you have to remove that, you remove it by right clicking on the file. Then I opened my map, and choose default rules, then I rechanged it back to custom rules. Since the default rules now were Drifts mod, it used that, when I choosed custom rules again, I saved it in the bix files rules. Close the bix file(remember to save it). Then I replced the false Civ3Edit.exe, with my copy of the correct Civ3Edit.exe. See it is´nt that hard

btw this is post number 1000 in this forum:D

Or, as MikeB pointed out, simply:
  1. Open the target bix in the editor
  2. go to the File Menu, choose Import,
  3. pick the things you want to import,
  4. and select the source Bix.
  5. Save your changes
That's a helluva lot easier and it's worked everytime I've tried it :p

Under PTW 1.21f I have used this method to both import a map from one BIX into another and to import a portion of the rules from one BIX to another....

Originally posted by pdescobar Under PTW 1.21f I have used this method to both import a map from one BIX into another and to import a portion of the rules from one BIX to another.... [/B]
well this did´nt worked with 1.14

Originally posted by mrtn
It worked for me, IIRC.
really? Well it did´nt work for me.

and now let this thread fall down to the buttom of the page

Top Bottom