Global Warming non existant in Scenarios?

snsfro

Warlord
As I have mentioned in my previous Global Warming post, no matter how many nukes I use, no matter how many coal plants my many cities have, no matter how much pollution is produced, I have not had one square of terrain affected by Global Warming. Why is this? I am using Civ3 Conquest Version 1.15. I am playing a scenario that starts in 1962 and goes until 1991. Is there anything that i can do. In order to make this Cold War Scenario realistic, Nuclear Winter is extremely important as a deterrent to nuclear war! Is there somthing in the Civ3 Conquests .ini that i can change? I need help! Also, none of my workers commit suicide because of Global Warming. The sun in the bottom right corner of the screen is red and has been red for years! HELP!

There is global warming in the Conquests scenarios. It happened in my game in the Napolean conquest. So there seems to be a way to include it outside of the epic game. Unfortunately I can't help you out on how. Hope that helped out a bit.

It says something about if pollution is on a tile for too long, the tile will change terrain in the C3C editor. Is this in the place of Global Warming?

Global warming is not due to pollution on tiles. It is due to industry (factories, etc.) and high population. Pollution on tiles also happens for the same reasons. You can make a test map where most of the world is polluted and you will get no global warming at all if most of the cities are small and undeveloped. Polluted tiles will devolve if n ot cleaned up soon enough, but this isn't global warming, more of a local effect.

Some of the scenarios have no factory or hospital equivalents, so the odds of them getting any significant global warming are slim.

FWIW, I've had it in the Mesopotamia Conquest.

I just finished a custom made "Global Warming test" scenario. In it, I created two civs. Each civ had one city(capital). My civ had 15 ICBMs, 255 population, every improvemente except Mass Transit and Recycling Center, and a very high shield production amount. I also edited the pollution values in the editor for ALL improvements. Now, all improvements have 100 pollution value. The same thing was true with the other civ's city. I played this test scenario for about 30 turns. All of the surroundng squares around my city got polluted on the first few turns. However, not a single square was changed to another terrain type. There was no Global Warming. What is wrong?

Global warming happens after a long period of time. The 'sun' in the corner of the screen has nothing to do with global warming, they indicate how likely pollution is to occur (yellow- little pollution, red- lots of polltion). Global warming is an effect of pollution. It does not happen as often as pollution does. I think this is right, if not somebody correct me!

snfro, your scenario should have triggered GW eventually. What color was the sun? If it was red, you should see some turning every turn. Did you fire the nukes?

homeyg, consider yourself corrected. I've discussed this with the programmer in the past and pollution on the ground has nothing to do with global warming (unless something has changed recently). The sun is the indicator of global warming. The toxic triangles in a city are indicators of likelyhood of pollution in that city. In a situation where everyone is 'living clean' now, yet had a nuclear war in the past, will suffer bad global warming.

yes i used the nukes. The sun was red as it can be. And not one square of Global Warming!

Top Bottom