Info Addict

Hi rob, nice new release and it also finally works with my mod :)

I get this in Database.log, however:

Database::XMLSerializer (XML/InfoAddictScreen.xml): 'Row' or 'Delete' expected, got 'Label'

Edit: Hmm, does this mean we can update the info from UI XML files from somewhere else?

Oooh, that's a goofy mistake from way back on my part. I didn't really understand the relationship between the xml files and lua contexts when I first started so I have InfoAddictScreen.xml as an OnModActivated-UpdateDatabase file. I never went back and took that out so it's trying to parse that file as a DB updater and probably just bombs when it find the UI elements instead. Thanks for catching that. I've taken it out for the next release.

Oooh, that's a goofy mistake from way back on my part. I didn't really understand the relationship between the xml files and lua contexts when I first started so I have InfoAddictScreen.xml as an OnModActivated-UpdateDatabase file. I never went back and took that out so it's trying to parse that file as a DB updater and probably just bombs when it find the UI elements instead. Thanks for catching that. I've taken it out for the next release.
!!!!!

The latest patch has busted some of the data saving functions that are used in versions 7 & 8 of Info Addict. I'll try to get a quick fix version out soon that is compatible with the latest patch but will, unfortunately, not be backwards compatible with v7 nor v8.

That's good new and thanks for the great mod. The update wasn't worth losing this mod. :)

Steam's Civ 5 patch notes said:
- ai's attitude towards you is now visible in the diplo screen and diplo drop-down.
- added info tooltip for an ai leader's mood. Lists things that are making an ai player happy/upset.
- new diplo system: Declaration of friendship (public declaration with diplomatic repercussions).
- new diplo system: Denounce (public declaration with diplomatic repercuss
YES! I'm so happy - I could swear!

I love this mod and can't wait for the fix. The name "info addict" is appropriate, I am having withdrawals... I need info!

Info Addict v9 is now available for download. This release mainly makes Info Addict work with the latest patch from Firaxis (1.0.1.135) though I did throw one or two other under-the-hood changes in there as well.

Please note: some data saving functions were removed in the latest patch that prevents exact identification of saved games. I've reverted the identification code back to the "best guess" logic prior to version 7. This means Info Addict is once again incompatible with mods that add or remove resources and there will be some weird behavior if you play multiple saved games of the same static map. The devs have mentioned elsewhere that these save functions were removed unintentionally and will be reinstated in a future patch. At that time, I'll make the same change from v6 to v7 that converts the data from best guess format to the more exact format.

Here is a list of the changes for this version:
  • Merged in 1.0.1.135 changes to modified files.
  • Removed InfoAddict.xml from UpdateDatabase since it was not needed.
  • Updated InGameUIAddin path to jive with 1.0.1.135 changes.
  • Removed Pact of Cooperation and Pact of Secrecy logic in global relations, replaced with Declaration of Friendship and Denouncements.
  • Selection bubbles in the empire key of the historical graphs are moved up a little to make room for longer civ descriptions.
  • Temporary fix for identifying a game since ScriptData functions are missing.
  • Added alpaca's diplocorner menu library (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=403481)
  • Incompatible with previous versions of Info Addict.

This release is not compatible with previous releases of Info Addict but, since saved games prior to 1.0.1.135 will have some serious problems anyway, I don't suppose that should be a major problem.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v9 :
Code:
M      InfoAddict/InfoAddictReadMe.txt
M      InfoAddict/XML/DiploCorner.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictHistoricalData.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/DiscussionDialog.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictCivRelations.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictText.xml
M      InfoAddict/Lua/DiploCorner.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictHistoricalData.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/DiscussionDialog.lua
A      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictDiploCornerAddin.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/DiploTrade.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictCivRelations.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictInit.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/DiscussLeader.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLib.lua

Thank you for quickly getting this fixed up for the new patch. :) However, when I click 'infoaddict' under the 'additional information' scroll symbol, nothing happens.

Thank you for quickly getting this fixed up for the new patch. :) However, when I click 'infoaddict' under the 'additional information' scroll symbol, nothing happens.

My pleasure! Sorry it doesn't seem to be working for you though. I'm using a new feature from the patch and a new library to get that menu working. First, the obvious thing is to make sure you're running the new patch. If that's the case and it's still not working, can you open up your config.ini file and change the following?

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0

to

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

Then run the game, hit the "Info Addict" button in the menu again and send me the file called Lua.log in your Logs directory. That might help me figure out what's going on.

I was playing a big game today with alot of international activity, and I wondered if there was a way to have kind of "changes since you last visited" box (or something) in the Global Relations tab... It gets kind of hard to note changes when you've got 10+ civs playing.

Also, my graphs keep deleting things each time I load my saved game. I don't play more than 1 game at once, and I never activate or deactive mods before continuing a game. Can you think of an explanation, and maybe solution?

I was playing a big game today with alot of international activity, and I wondered if there was a way to have kind of "changes since you last visited" box (or something) in the Global Relations tab... It gets kind of hard to note changes when you've got 10+ civs playing.

Also, my graphs keep deleting things each time I load my saved game. I don't play more than 1 game at once, and I never activate or deactive mods before continuing a game. Can you think of an explanation, and maybe solution?

Can you be more specific about what's being deleted? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Regarding viewing changes: Right now, the global relations graphs have no "memory" or notion of past events. When you click on the button, the mod just scans the current state of relations and displays them. I'd have to put in a lot of work to record when relations change and figure out how to display it. Not saying it's impossible (or even improbable) just that it could take me a bit of time to get that going.

Now that I'm thinking about it, if I did record global relations at the end of each turn, I could add a drop down that lists all the previous turns and you could pick a turn and see what the relations were at that point. That would be pretty cool. Even cooler would be a way to animate that but I have no idea where to start with that. :eek:

Still, though, it all comes down to putting the work in to record that kind of data and that's a fairly intense thing to implement so I wouldn't expect it any time soon. Added to the wishlist :D

Can you be more specific about what's being deleted? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

The lines don't show up from the previous game and the mouse-over tool-tip doesn't show up, but there is a space where the lines should be from previous saves. Presumably the data from previous saves isn't being read or just doens't exist.

The lines don't show up from the previous game and the mouse-over tool-tip doesn't show up, but there is a space where the lines should be from previous saves. Presumably the data from previous saves isn't being read or just doens't exist.

Ahhh ... are you using the Random Events mod or a modpack that includes that? Because I lost the ability to exactly identify a saved game in the last patch, I have to guess by counting up resources on the map. Unfortunately, anything that modifies resources screws up the guessing and causes the data to be lost. I bet that's what is happening.

The hotfix that came out today put back in the ability to exactly identify a game. I'll release v10 of Info Addict later today and that should stop happening (if that is, in fact, what is going on). It won't bring back your old data but it'll prevent it from happening in the future.

Since the Hotfix, only InfoAddict shows up in the online list. If I deselect the categories it's in the browser works fine, but when it's visible only info addict is.

Okay, so its not just me... I am having this same problem, must be a Firaxis issue.

Top Bottom