My post about a CivRev icon for our signatures...

stwils

Emperor
Since I posted this, Abaddon has kindly said she would help make one for us.

PLEASE SEND YOUR SUGGESTION TO THIS THREAD FOR OUR SIGNATURE ICON.@

Ignore rest of my post below

Has been seNt to the never never land. I don't know about you, but I take this game seriously and feel that if we want something below our signature saying CivRev or something comparable to all of the other Sid Meier Civ games we should have it.

I know CivRev is not for the PC. It is for so many of us who have consoles and iPads.

Everything now is focused on Civ 5. ( But many of us still love Civ 1.)

Isn't Civ Rev worthy of an icon beneath our signatures if we want it?

Stwils

You really don't understand this forum do you?

Site Feedback gets a lot of traffic.. CivRev? It seems this is the only thread posted this week! 20mins in MSPaint would get you a suitable icon...thats how the other icons were created.. i'd know, i created a few of them myself!

give me some images to work with.. whats civ rev's cover art etc... what fonts?

Thank you, Abaddon. I'll look for some box top art or something to send you.

I will have to send the links from my computer as I don't think I can do it on my iPad.

Should I send the links to this thread?

And if anyone on this forum has any ideas please post them to this thread. We welcome your ideas.

My thinking is the icon or logo below our signature should be short and in keeping with the other Civ games. - such as " CIV, BtS, CIII etc."

Stwils:)

The BtS one was mine :smug:

just link everything to this thread :)

I have two thoughts to help get your creative juices flowing.

1) Go to Civ Fanatics Center (not forum) Above the words "Civ Fanatics Center" is a
list of five games horizontally. Choose " CivRev". That takes you to a drop down menu. Go down until you see gallery. That should bring up 5 images of Civ Rev (and ONLY civ rev) Look at the last one in blue for the Nintendo ds. That color is the color of the opening screen for CivRev (at least on my iPad.)

2) Look at the Civ Rev box top . Nice reds . The figure is too big and maybe we don't need him unless he could be very small to the side or so. You can see the box top at Amazon.com. When you do a search I suggest you use the entire name of the game "Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution."

I hope others will give you their suggestions.

Thank you so very much.

Stwils

I believe the figure is Napoleon (or maybe Sid in disguise .) He seems to be a real icon for this game. All the box tops and front of the strategy guide have him as the central figure. Maybe you can work him in - if not that is ok.

Stwils

I don't think that CivRev deserves an icon right now, as it's not really popular with the people on CFC......

bestrfcplayer

Hi Mate. I respect your opinion but how do you KNOW CivRev is not "popular with the people at CFC?". And is that really a reason to deny those of us who love this game from having a signature icon? There are only a few who still play Civ I ( I am happily one of those) and yet we are proud to have a Civ I icon.

I happen to believe there are many of us who love CivRev. It is a good game for console or mobile devices. Lots of us have the game on the iPhone and can take it with us wherever we go!

Everyone is going hyper over Civ V coming soon. It for sure will have an icon. Something new and full of lots of great graphics. That is fine.

But it's popularity (at the moment) should not overshadow the other fine Sid Meier games (some which have lived a long time and are classic) There is no reason for those of us who love CivRev to be denied a signature icon just because you claim it is "not popular" and therefore does not "deserve" an icon.

However, I'm glad you responded and gave us your opinion .

Stwils

Top Bottom