PerfectMongoose (PW3 Civ4 Port)

Just a heads-up, in addition to the other somewhat-significant stuff I've already done (vanilla river option, absolute height option, new proximity code for Old World landmasses, slightly updated Oasis placement, meteors disabled on the smallest 3 map sizes regardless of setting), I'm currently working on a full bugfix-slash-major-improvement update of the Player Starting Location Code.

No offense to Cephalo (b/c his mapscripts themselves are wonderful and amazing and I honestly couldn't live without them :worship:), but his still-in-use starting plot code from PW2 is really, REALLY awful, lol.

Already I've found two CRITICAL bugs, two MAJOR bugs, and several minor bugs with it, as well as there being a LOT of room to add missing or enhanced functionality. I haven't tested it yet b/c I'm only half done so far, but I think it's safe to say it should be working at least slightly better pretty soon. ;)

The Vanilla Edition™ of PM v3.3 will be released as soon as I'm done with the big MongooseMod 4.1 update I'm still working on. I currently expect to have THAT out around next Weds (Jan 23), give or take, so allow an extra day for this. :)

I hope everything is alright with you LM, I've been hoping and waiting patiently for PM 3.3 for a while now. Do you still plan on releasing it? Any insight would be much appreciated.

The good news is that there is an update for Perfect Mongoose which was released in January of 2013. The bad news is that you need to load the Mongoose Mod to use the map script. Adapting it to work with BTS 3.19 is left as an exercise to the reader (probably involving removing any and all references to PM terrain, map sizes, etc.)

Attachments

• PerfectMongoose_v33_MM_Edition_v20.zip
    56 KB · Views: 448
Top Bottom