Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Egyptian axeman isn't exactly what people can think at first - a nordic axe thrower, as the weapon is a bit different. It's one of the units of the Egyptian Pack in the units forum.

here's the civilopedia entry:

#DESC_PRTO_Axeman
^
^
^Axes were probably used very early in Egyptian warfare, though at first they were perhaps no different than the tool
used for peaceful purposes, such as cutting would. As a practical weapon, it was the battle axe that eventually replaced
the mace as one of the Egyptian military's primary close combat weapons.
^Infantry armed with battle axes were typically deployed after the enemy had been weakened by archers. The axe was more
effective in cutting wounded or fleeing enemies to pieces than it was in breaching an intact battle line. The Hyksos,
Asiatics themselves, are credited with having introduced scale body armor into Egypt and brought about changes in the
form of the battle axe there by the middle of the 2nd millennium.

New logo unveliled:

Attachments

• pacco4_600_40.jpg
    pacco4_600_40.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 387
Utter pwnage. :goodjob:

Heh, it took two hours to edit the original photo of a box in my room, because I can't use any 3D program: just 2D photo-editing.

Anyway I hope everybody will like the result (and the startup screen of the 0.71, too :) )

Attachments

• Imgp3474_60.jpg
    Imgp3474_60.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 403
I routinely get +250 gpt in regular RoC. Please dont try to correct a "problem" thats been in RoC all along. I think the gold flow is one of the best features.

I usually play a euro or mid east civ on demigod.

By the way, like the new logo. :goodjob:

Excellent logo!!! Alas I have found 2 problems in my England game (is it just me or do they kick a$$?) Harbor civpedia is wierd and Statue of Zues does not require elephants. It was built by Greece! Its opening day for deer season on Monday so I won't be able to play RoCX for awile :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've been playing CIV in some form since 1994 and I just happened to stumble onto this website the other day. I've been playing your mod for a few hours and I love it. Especially, the Black Death w/ the vultures and the skull. I also really like the way your landscape graphics look. Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this, it is killer! :goodjob: Blohm!

Beernuts1987 said:
Alas I have found 2 problems in my England game (is it just me or do they kick a$$?) Harbor civpedia is wierd and Statue of Zues does not require elephants. It was built by Greece!

I just fixed the harbor.
The statue of Zeus does not require ivory anymore because it is a religious wonder now: with that requirement none of Romans, Greeks and Byzantines would ever build it.

Beernuts1987 said:
Its opening day for deer season on Monday so I won't be able to play RoCX for awile :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Deer season??

Jomester said:
I've been playing CIV in some form since 1994 and I just happened to stumble onto this website the other day. I've been playing your mod for a few hours and I love it. I also really like the way your landscape graphics look. Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this, it is killer! :goodjob: Blohm!

Thanks for your vote!
Keep an eye on this thread: the expansion pack of the mod will be released in a short time.

Deer season means hes going to go shoot animals in the woods like an utter barbarian.

I just got home from a hellish airplan ride (I got full body searches THREE TIMES, had to change airlines, and they lost my luggage until today), so I have not had time to do much besides sleep.

If you send me the readme I will readit! ;p

I can read/correct the readme if you want as well (as I said yesterday). Just send it to me and tell me what you need done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom