Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vostos said:
Isn't the palace guard meant to be immobile? I have just seen a babylonian one exploring in my game as persia.
It used to be but it caused a horrid slowdown for as long as there were palace gurads around (the slowdown was reduced over time as they were upgraded by the different civs) because the AI is stupid and will try to move immobile units for a while before giving up. :rolleyes:

Ok then the civilopedia entry should be changed, it says it is immobile.
in my opinion the Byzantines should be trashed and the Sioux or some other native American tribe should be added, the Byzantines only slow down Greece and the ottomans

Aeon221 said:
Internet is repaired!

Rhye DEF deserves a job with Firaxis, IMHO! ANYONE who built a mod as excellent as this deserves it.

As to the mod, I finally DLed it and am playin as Japan! WWII, here I come!

Thanks, (and thanks to Vostos, too).

It would be better if you write that in the job thread, because only that is being read by Firaxis.

Yes. Say Rhye, how did you make it immobile back when it was? Was it through zero movement points, or through the "immobile" tag, or both?

Rhye said:
OK. How's been your first look of the pack, then? Below/above your expectations?

Way higer than I expected, and I expected it to be great. in my game as persia I'm about half way through the ancient ages and everythings going fine :)

How do you like the new unit stats, fun-wise?
I know I just had a ball attacking with Spearmen and using swords as shock-troops just to break through the toughest defenses.

I think that the Byzantine cultural connection to Rome and Greece isn't why they should be out. They're no more connected to Rome than America is to England. The reason we need to eliminate them (or the Ottomans) is because the overcrowding of the map in that part of the world makes the mod less fun to play.

But I think the reason they need to be removed and not the Ottomans is that while Byzantine culture is not the same as Greek, Roman, or Ottoman culture, all three of those were large empires throughout history (in that order), and each of them occupied the area that the Byzantines occupy, and the same cannot really be said about the Ottomans.

My opinion is that either the Greeks, Byzantines or the Ottomans need to be replaced, I think that the Byzantienes should be the ones to go because they are not as important as the greeks or Ottos

Agree ! Add aborigens, to fill up australia. A good territory for isolationists :)

Lachlan said:
Agree ! Add aborigens, to fill up australia. A good territory for isolationists :)

Which culture group would they belong to though?... Aborigines (spelling?) weren't really much of a civilization, they were nomads of sorts. Maybe we could add in a cannibal technology for them and have their UU turn units into sacrificeable meals :lol:.

Why not add another Civ to North America, like the Sioux or perhaps one situated on the west coast of America, it would make it so the aren't only the Aztec and Americans as local powers.

Something to contain the growth of the Aztecs would be good. Its so annyoning to see them in on the West Coast and the rest of the Southwest. But then again, that might end up crippling the already crippled Americans and Aztecs even more.

Am I getting this right? We all agree that Byz should be removed? O_O

nonsense speaking about this now. You can argue as much as you want, but I will not add any other civ simply because there are no user-made animations to make 2 historical UUs, and because no other civ deserves that. All I can do is another biq with no byzantines.
The pack will be ready in less than two weeks if you keep giving feeback that can be useful

EDIT: Double post, damn stupid malfunctioning router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom