Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

You know, I would find it extremely funny if this mod was compressed as an .RAR file instead of the type of file it was actually compressed with.

Hello everybody. It is a great mod. I like it very much! :crazyeye: But I have a one problem - some pictures in Civilopedia and TechTree do not display correctly - "No Icon Yet". It looks like question sign. For example, Sacrificial altar. But I have both files Sacrificial_altar_small and Sacrificial_altar_large in "\Conquests\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Buildings". Please help

That simply means that the mod team did not have time to finish it. You'll see some wonders that display "Sire, our artists are unable to convey the beauty of this wonder yet..." for the wonders.

Doesn't affect game play, but it can be annoying.

:confused: :confused: :confused: I am new to this site, and have only been playng Civ games for a year. I'm not as familiar with mod packs and patches and downloading them. I tried downloading Rar from Fileplanet; into civilization III\conquests\scenarios\ folder (is that even the right spot?), unzipped (with Zipgenius) in the folder and then searched for Rar in the CIv-content menu option on the title screen, and did not find it. Can someone explain what i'm doing wrong or not doing as simply as possible. I can't wait to play this scenario, but i have no idea what I'm doing. My version of the game is 1.22.

Look in the directory you mentioned above and make sure there is a *.biq file depicting some name that would show it was from Rise and Rule.

Also be sure to check if there is a RaR folder in that directory. If there is, double-click on it: if you see a couple folders such as "Art" and "Text" then everything should be in the correct places, if however, you see another RaR folder or don't see the folders above you have the "folder in a folder" problem. Open this second folder and move all the content to the first folder you opened by drag-and-dropping.

Hope it works and Welcome to CFC makairo0!

Thanks for responding. I did manage to figure out how to get the game up and running, late late last night. However, there is s problem I keep running into, "Load Error: cannot find file Art\Units\Medieval Japanese Settler. INI" and then the game exits. I did install the patches for RaR that I found on this thread, could I have installed them improperly? This is the 1st extended version I'm playing, the other won't start at all, I get a missing "Blood Temple" message. Anothe thing about the version i'm playing, Icons on the tech chooser screen (a few of them) are question marks, is that normal?

The question marks will be normal as the creators didn't place unique icons for these at the time. The other problems must either be bugs in the mod or a problem on your end with the installation but I'm afraid I can't help as I've never downloaded the mod.

Thanks for responding. I did manage to figure out how to get the game up and running, late late last night. However, there is s problem I keep running into, "Load Error: cannot find file Art\Units\Medieval Japanese Settler. INI"

This file came with PtW as a bonus pak. Heres where you can find the missin Medieval Japanese Settler.

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\civ3PTW\Extras\Medieval Japan\Art\Units.

Just drag and drop all the files found in the folder 'Med Japan' and 'WW2' into the mods 'unit' folder

Can you post a screenshot of the error? I have that file named that way in the RAR mod directory.

hey anybody i keep getting to the modern age.

the game crashes on the churchill tank or brithish rilfeman

anybody know how to fix this

brilliant mod!

There seems to be a lot of graphics missing, is anyone still working on this?

Although I do like the wonder splash:
"sorry sire, our artists are still trying to capture the beauty of this wonder"

MM - Yeah, I've had problems with that too. If you can point to a working link where we can download it, that'd be great.

MM - Yeah, I've had problems with that too. If you can point to a working link where we can download it, that'd be great.

Are you talking to me? I can't tell, sorry.

If so, then I don't know of a place to download them. I'd have to upload them myself. Then again, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to do that because of what Firaxis said about releasing things added in PTW (it might affect sales). If someone would please clarify. :confused:

If so, then I don't know of a place to download them. I'd have to upload them myself. Then again, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to do that because of what Firaxis said about releasing things added in PTW (it might affect sales). If someone would please clarify. :confused:

Long ago Firaxis has us allowed to spread the Units from the PTW Extra Folder. So there are no problems from their side to await. If that is what you have asked for.
(LongLou has uploaded them here on the forum.)

Bye
General 666

I love DyP and This mod is just that!However,I think the mod needs custom leaderheads for the new civs and an Earth Map.

I'll make a few Earth/Europe/Eurasia maps and post them here. This is the only Civ 3 mod I play anymore, and it's very easy to import the mod rules into an existing map anyway, so all I'd have to do is place resources.

Top Bottom