Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

I have a trouble with AI in this mod. I still have only one city, pumping it up by floodplains &rice to create normal settlers. I discover Iroquious, and they have 5 techs more than i have! Pottery, Alphabet, Masonry, Fermentation and Slavery! And that is on Regent difficulty. Is there something wrong?

Nope, it's just that Iroquois are Expansionist so they start with an extra unit, the Ranger, and they always get good stuff (like techs) from Goody huts.

And AI civs always trade techs with eachother like crazy too.

The AI pick up the junk techs (Fermentation, Weaving, Sailing, Slavery, etc) obscenely quickly. Don't let this put you down, the AI crawl through the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

Even on Monarch sans ranger, you can get to dynasticism before all the AI, and take it around to grad all the junk techs and tons of cash in the process.

I get an error message stating:

FILE NOT FOUND
Art\Units\Ship_Of_The_Line\Ship_Of_The_Line. INI

And afterward a CTD

Is there a fix or patch for it I'm not aware of?

Some of the naming isn't correct, and this is an example of that. I'd tell you which file to edit, but I'm not on my civ computer. I'm pretty sure it's discussed in this thread. Go to the top of the page and search for 'ship' (the search engine here requires at least three chars, so 'of' will return no hits) and dig through the posts until you find it. Sorry I can't be of more help, but it's in this thread.

Is this really the EXACT message ???

If so delete the free SPACE after ..._Line. and before INI

Please if you could elaborate on that fix? I've had the same problem for several years lol. Just always avoided building that unit. I think its the heavy frigate unit that actually gives the error message.

The Naval Academy makes Line ships and i dont think i have problems with those... cant recall for sure.. im just so used to avoiding it.

What im asking is where the exact line of code actually is that needs fixed. My error message is exactly the same. Do i open it to fix it in DOS or notepad or what? Any help would be VERY appreciated. THANKS

Actually for a mod this big, it's surprising that a few more errors didn't creep in than are in it. As far as I can remember there are mainly 2, the one you mentioned and the Apache Longbow fix. I don't have the information in front of me right now, but believe the fix for both are in this thread. The best bet is to use the search this thread tool at the top right of the post on this page, that's how I figured it out. I know that's probably not much help, but like I say, the answers are in this thread.

Please if you could elaborate on that fix? I've had the same problem for several years lol. Just always avoided building that unit. I think its the heavy frigate unit that actually gives the error message.

The Naval Academy makes Line ships and i dont think i have problems with those... cant recall for sure.. im just so used to avoiding it.

What im asking is where the exact line of code actually is that needs fixed. My error message is exactly the same. Do i open it to fix it in DOS or notepad or what? Any help would be VERY appreciated. THANKS

The INI file is the file within a unit file that tells the computer which animation and sound files to use. It has to be called the name of the older it is in. For example: "Infantry\Infantry.INI"

There can be no space between the . and the INI. This tells what type of file the INI file is, and the computer does not recognize a . INI file. Simply change the entry in the Pedia Icons.txt. Scrolldown to the very bottom of the .txt file and look for the Ship of the Line entry. There should be a space after the . and before the INI. Delete it.

I'm sorry guys, I was playing version 1.02 until I noticed that 1.04 exists and am playing that now. I also might have typoed the error message so there might have not existed a space.

And yes 1.02 has that heavy frigate error and other minor problems.

Although 1.04 doesn't give me an error message with heavy frigate anymore I do get a error message on the longboat unit....seems the unit folder lacks files.

What I did was copy all the files from "Longboat" from the Epic Mod (other than config file) and paste them into RAR's longboat folder and that seems to have fixed it.

So far I've gotten to Modern Era with no noticeable problems.

Nice Mod but needs a future Era of some sort.

Actually for a mod this big, it's surprising that a few more errors didn't creep in than are in it. As far as I can remember there are mainly 2, the one you mentioned and the Apache Longbow fix. I don't have the information in front of me right now, but believe the fix for both are in this thread. The best bet is to use the search this thread tool at the top right of the post on this page, that's how I figured it out. I know that's probably not much help, but like I say, the answers are in this thread.

Yes it's too bad Civ 3 didn't come with a built in map editor like Civ 4 has...makes trouble shooting a mod tedious.

Top Bottom